McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bdr529

Re: McLaren 2015 livery

SilverArrow10 wrote:Its for a sponsor, all the cars have a band across their helmets for a sponsor, its just McLaren has hardly got any right now.
did you mean to say "all the drivers" and not "all the cars" have the band ?

and if so that is not correct both Mercedes drivers, a long with the 2 drivers at Williams and the 4 at Red Bull and company,
and a few other drivers are with out the White band on the helmet

as I mentioned earlier I think it's a left over from the Marlboro days

kaepernickus

Mercedes drivers do have this band as well, they have the Monster sponsoring (due to this it's painted black) there.

... as does red Bull.

It's just a little different in terms of design as RB and Merc have the company logos further down and the Honda badge is above the band.

SilverArrow10

bdr529 wrote:
SilverArrow10 wrote:Its for a sponsor, all the cars have a band across their helmets for a sponsor, its just McLaren has hardly got any right now.
did you mean to say "all the drivers" and not "all the cars" have the band ?

and if so that is not correct both Mercedes drivers, a long with the 2 drivers at Williams and the 4 at Red Bull and company,
and a few other drivers are with out the White band on the helmet

as I mentioned earlier I think it's a left over from the Marlboro days
Yes id just woken up, sorry about that, they still have the band, the fact that its white means they just don't have a sponsor to fill the space. Mercedes has Monster there, Williams has Martini, Red bull has infinity. Ferrari has Kaspersky

White just makes it easier to see the sponsor.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

PlatinumZealot

A Head band or a Halo?

O:)
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

โ˜„๏ธ Myth of the five suns. โ˜„๏ธ

โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ
LxVxFxHxN

bdr529

kaepernickus wrote:Mercedes drivers do have this band as well, they have the Monster sponsoring (due to this it's painted black) there.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/7 ... helmet.jpg
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 2014-4.jpg

... as does red Bull.

http://wtf1.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/20 ... helmet.jpg http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Aust ... tbiSvl.jpg

It's just a little different in terms of design as RB and Merc have the company logos further down and the Honda badge is above the band.
I had only mentioned the drivers that had the White band on their lid because they all seam to have something in common, driving for a team that was/is sponsored by Marlboro
as for the other drivers having sponsor logos their as well, I'd say it's because the top of the helmet is the only thing left that you can see when their sitting in the car

Formula 1ยฎ

PlatinumZealot

Bad-ass Sega logo. The days of fun liveries are gone.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

โ˜„๏ธ Myth of the five suns. โ˜„๏ธ

โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ
LxVxFxHxN

Gatecrasher
Gatecrasher

Car is now up on the McLaren website. Without a major sponsor the black on the sides just looks odd to me, would be better with even just a McLaren logo.

stefan_
stefan_

PlatinumZealot wrote:Bad-ass Sega logo. The days of fun liveries are gone.
This one was even better

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Hail22

Mr Burns in the Simpsons usually says "release the hounds" Mclaren with this livery could say..."release the Honda Tiger!"

P.S Still prefer a red / white livery *Waves white flag*
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

At this point, I don't even know what would look good anymore. I just know that it isn't what they have now.

Tim.Wright

Hail22 wrote:Mr Burns in the Simpsons usually says "release the hounds" Mclaren with this livery could say..."release the Honda Tiger!"

Not the engineer at Force India

bdr529

Hail22 wrote:Mr Burns in the Simpsons usually says "release the hounds" Mclaren with this livery could say..."release the Honda Tiger!"

Hail22 you may not a known but ESSO's company mascot is a tiger, a good reason to use the colour orange

Tim Wright's photo reminded me of the Tiger Meet

ajprice
ajprice

I'd like orange, but the only trouble is that it could look like a Spyker.

ScottB
ScottB

ajprice wrote:I'd like orange, but the only trouble is that it could look like a Spyker.
http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2007/Albers-2.jpg
Wouldn't say that's a huge problem, only the diehards will remember Spyker being a team!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

ScottB wrote:
ajprice wrote:I'd like orange, but the only trouble is that it could look like a Spyker.
http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2007/Albers-2.jpg
Wouldn't say that's a huge problem, only the diehards will remember Spyker being a team!
and every dutch fan out there......

It isn't really a problem though, spyker doesn't excist anymore and i'm sure there'll be enough work on it to differentiate it from spyker.

The Sauber looks like older williams, yet nobody will mistake it for a williams.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"