McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Thunder

Re: McLaren 2015 livery

That's what it looks like out of the Studio. I really like it.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Except for the 2nd swoosh on the nose, I think it looks good. The sidepods, although still a little blank, are better with the big swooshes. Overall I'm not sure if it's much better than the 1st livery, though.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Thunder

I kinda like the upper swoosh since it optically smoothens the abrupt transition from Bulkhead to Nosecone.
Last edited by Thunder on 07 May 2015, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Sjamaan
Sjamaan

I like it a lot, much more at daylight. Definitively better than 1st livery.

I agree with Thunders about upper swoosh, nice transition.

FrukostScones

butt ugly
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Sevach
Sevach

The reddish orange should've been the dominant color of the car...

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Sevach wrote:Image
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

turbof1 wrote:It doesn't help that mclaren partly wants to tear on that heritage. Until now they have not realmy shown to where they want their image move to, or even if it moves at all.

Don't get me wrong: I personally don't really have any nostalgic urges towards the 'iconic' red striped white livery. As far as mclaren go, they don't really have a livery that you could historically call "pure mclaren". They do have their crescent orange symbol, which is what defines mclaren, and which has been on the car a very long time now, but that's the only thing that makes mclaren "mclaren".
The only brand identity Mclaren really have as a company is that they're sterile. Painting the cars nondescript white would have better represented Mclaren as a company than whatever this livery is.

Holm86

Coming to terms with the impossibility, that McLaren would ever go white/red again, I really like this livery.
I lige every thing, except the second smaller swoosh on the side pod, it should only have the large swoosh, as the smaller one gives that hot-rod flame impression.

I remember just a few years ago, many thought McLaren would change to a darker maybe even black livery, and everybody was excited. Now everyone hates it, just because it ain't white/red.

George-Jung
George-Jung

I like as well!
Now they only need to find a big sponsor for on the side-pods.. et voila!

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

I like it as well, but without the second swoosh it would be even better. Certainly from a lower front viewpoint it seems like a nose on top of the nose. It gives me a feeling of double vision/

erlik
erlik

I am starting to like new livery and hate even more their lack of performance :(

Daliracing

Jef Patat wrote:I like it as well, but without the second swoosh it would be even better. Certainly from a lower front viewpoint it seems like a nose on top of the nose. It gives me a feeling of double vision/
https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot ... e=55C6556C
Just have the same tought about the second swoosh. anyone with great photoshop skills here to remove it? i would like to see how the car would look like without the second swoosh.

Edit: I know the red is flowvis, but the rear wing would look nice if the lower part would be Rocket Red

aral
aral

reminds me of the fiat multipla!