Sauber C34 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Sauber C34 Ferrari

It is the back of the engine you are seeing. check out the the end of the valve cover and look where the water pipes (or goose-necks are).
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

bdr529

PlatinumZealot wrote:It is the back of the engine you are seeing. check out the the end of the valve cover and look where the water pipes (or goose-necks are).
I'm must be confused, I'm assuming the photo is taken from outside the garage looking inward, the cars are backed into the garage, and the motor still looks (to me) like it is attached to the car, wouldn't that mean that the photo is of the front and not the back ?

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

wuzak
wuzak

bdr529 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:It is the back of the engine you are seeing. check out the the end of the valve cover and look where the water pipes (or goose-necks are).
I'm must be confused, I'm assuming the photo is taken from outside the garage looking inward, the cars are backed into the garage, and the motor still looks (to me) like it is attached to the car, wouldn't that mean that the photo is of the front and not the back ?
It is clearlu not attached to the car. You can see the chassis attachment points.

R_Redding
R_Redding

bdr529 wrote:
Thats a "Wednesday picture" ,when they are still assembling the major components ... the engine you see is mounted on a dolly as they assemble the ancilliaries to it. You can tell from the Rule 5.3.5 mounting bolt hole pattern diameters that we are looking at the rear of the engine.

Rob

bdr529

R_Redding wrote:
bdr529 wrote:
Thats a "Wednesday picture" ,when they are still assembling the major components ... the engine you see is mounted on a dolly as they assemble the ancilliaries to it. You can tell from the Rule 5.3.5 mounting bolt hole pattern diameters that we are looking at the rear of the engine.

Rob
Thanks for the explanation Rob, With all the hardware and radiators removed from the motor I thought it looked like it was still attached to the car

Henning
Henning

wesley123 wrote:Image
They're definitely going "outwash" then.

zioture
zioture

SpanishGP today

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

sauberfan
sauberfan

According to Ericsson the new front wing will be tested after the race on sunday.

Morteza

Via AMuS

Forza

F1 Testing 2015 - Barcelona - Day 1

JDC123
JDC123

I notice they have reverted back to the old front wing. Does anyone know if they used this wing in the race or just doing back to back test with both?

pastaracing
pastaracing

Marcus Ericsson didn't use the new front wing for the race but will use it for this test.

Ericsson had a new chassie for the Barcelona race, chassie #03, a litte bit lighter otherwise same spec.

oT v1
oT v1

Has Sauber got anything noticeably different in philosophy at the back? those 'block' sidepods are obviously there for a reason but they look very unnatural compared to the other teams. Its like a vertical cliff :o

EDIT: especially strange after the C32 was the skinniest looking featherweight of them all
The Power of Dreams