Good bye 130R

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
acer

Thanks to Mad Max , the Japanese GP of 2007 is going to be ruined for sure. Suzuka is the best track to held a Japanese GP
You will never know the feeling of a driver when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood. - Ayrton Senna

Spencifer_Murphy

That said it will be interesting to see F1 return to Fuji. I'm not old enough to remember a GP in Funji (last one was about 10years before I was born). But does anyone here remember the old Fuji circuit? I know its changed but what memories do you have of it?
however I recall they used to race at both in '95, Fuji under 'Pacific GP.
Tom, I think it was the Aida circuit that was used for the Pacific GP.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Tom

Sorry, you're right.

In that case Fuji is not as bad as I thought.

That said its still 10x worse than Suzuka
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

vyselegend

I don't know how to add a poll in this topic. Can anyone do it?
Just a simple "do you agree with Fuji hosting the Japanese GP?" and a three way answear like "yes", "no" and "ok if there is two jap GP" (for instance, do as you wish). Then we should see how much this new venue is disliked...

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

vyselegend wrote:
m3_lover wrote:That Fuji track is on Gran Turismo 4, and whoa there is so much run off areas and it was the worst track to play on boo, I want the 130 R
I have put the game again and ther's nothing to do, this track totally lacks spirit. The road is too large and the whole layout is surronded by HUGES run-offs area made of asphalt, so if you pass the kerb, you're not really penalised.
Definitly don't love it
zac510 wrote:I fear which European race will get dropped to make way though
why would they cancel an european GP? isn't it possible to schedule 20 GP in a season?
[/quote]

Fuji used to be the heart of Japanese Motorsport....They've raced on it since the 60s, it was initially built to be a superspeedway in Japan, then they only kept the long straight(1.5 km long or something, entered with a increasing radius, parabolica style final corner). Then at the end of the straight is a 2nd gear right hander. I think for on track passing, at least the pre-renovation Fuji was probably going to be better than Suzuka knowing there are at least 3 hard braking corners. But then again 2005 Suzuka definitely does not lack passing....I think in layout and style of racing this is going to be close to what Monza is like nowadays....

Spencifer_Murphy

Oh yeah, I remember reading about the old superspeedway circuit... does anybody know if the oval part of the circuit still remains?

Tom

I think it still does.

No comparison to Suzuka though
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Spencifer_Murphy

Cheers Tom.

I wonder what sort of state its in now. I mean I know its not nearly as old, but Monza's banking is in a terrible state nowadays. I wonder what its like at Fuji circuit.[/quote]

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

I've never actually seen Fuji's banking in any pic or anything, but I think it might still be there....