2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WaikeCU

Re: 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

Tim.Wright wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:In case you spin off the track and get stuck in the gravel trap, but you didn't stall the engine, can you get back on track with the help of the marshals or is that not legal anymore?
I don't think the FIA would send another recovery tractor onto a wet track ever again...
That's what I was thinking too. They could have banned this for good with what happened last season. I hope they have learned from Suzuka '14. I really hope at some point when it's getting too dark, they really need to flag down the race. Visibility of the rain, spray of the cars ahead and the darkness coming will have a huge outcome.

Vasconia

pimpwerx wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:In case you spin off the track and get stuck in the gravel trap, but you didn't stall the engine, can you get back on track with the help of the marshals or is that not legal anymore?
I don't think it was ever legal, but I remember. Schuey got pushed out of a gravel trap by marshalls once, and he finished the race. PEACE.
And more recently, in 2007, with Lewis. Now its banned because that was quite embarrasing.

I hope it doesnt rain at the beginning because in that case the race will start behind the SF which s*cks enormously. They used to begin races with rain before Charlie became an old man too fearful about rain and things which make races exciting.

Kiril Varbanov

Oh Lord, bring me that joy of press conferences....

WaikeCU

Kimi and Press conferences... always fun stuff :D

Juzh

Juzh

Alonso and Bottas cleared by the FIA
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... aysia.html

GPR-A duplicate2

WaikeCU wrote:
Tim.Wright wrote:
I don't think the FIA would send another recovery tractor onto a wet track ever again...
That's what I was thinking too. They could have banned this for good with what happened last season. I hope they have learned from Suzuka '14. I really hope at some point when it's getting too dark, they really need to flag down the race. Visibility of the rain, spray of the cars ahead and the darkness coming will have a huge outcome.
I think this is knee jerk reaction. Of course the lessons will be learnt from Suzuka '14, but that doesn't mean you start looking at Motor Racing as some kind of kindergarten school competition. Every one agrees, what happened last year was freak and they will re-look at recovery truck deployment methods to ensure the racing is made even more safer. But, stopping races in rain, low light? We don't watch Motor racing like a picnic event in a park with under nice sunlight. Motor racing has always attracted people, because of its nature where man and machine are skirting with death under severe circumstances. Those who are hard core racers, go there, do that and enjoy, despite knowing they may not come back alive. I like it that way.

skoop
skoop

regarding the question about being pulled out of the gravel by marshals and continue the race:
if i rember correctly last season nico rosberg stopped becouse of gearbox problems and he forbid the marshals to touch the car. they said on orf1 that once the marshals touch your car you're out of the race.
unfortunately i can't remember which race it was

SparkyAMG

skoop wrote:regarding the question about being pulled out of the gravel by marshals and continue the race:
if i rember correctly last season nico rosberg stopped becouse of gearbox problems and he forbid the marshals to touch the car. they said on orf1 that once the marshals touch your car you're out of the race.
'twas Silverstone, whilst he was desperately trying to get the gearbox to start working again.

kalinka
kalinka

skoop wrote:regarding the question about being pulled out of the gravel by marshals and continue the race:
Stupid rule. They have no problem with this in Indycar. It's another addition to the show.

PlatinumZealot

MOWOG wrote:One day before the beginning of this Grand Prix weekend, here's how I feel about the whole thing: :-s YAWN :wtf:

I actually am thinking more about how F1T needs a good "yawn" smilie that I am about the race. Know I won't watch it live. Doubt I will watch it at all. And if I do, it will only be to buzz through it in about 15 minutes on the DVR. Wonder if the Black Eyed Peas will be on hand to wow the crowd? :?:
Can I borrow your crystal ball, Mowog?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Raleigh
Raleigh

Stevens put Manor on the board.

10sec off the pace, but they are running...

Edit: 7sec off now.

pob

Not bad for a first runout with a bodged car and an out dated PU. At least they should be able to qualify within the 107%.

godlameroso

At the front Rosberg is a second faster than he was this time last year, Raikkonen is actually slower.
Saishū kōnā

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"