1. Rivals can't stop anything, only fia decides.PlatinumZealot wrote:I can't see Ferrari winning the case for a reliability upgrade because there are too many factors against them.
1. Their rivals will try to stop them
2. Their engines can be turned down and still be within the acceptable range of horsepower
3. The engines seem to fail near end of life and not start of life.
4. It could be a performane gainer that is causing the problems now.
2. Engines turned down is nonsense. The engine has clear reliability issues that have nothing to do with the power used. A broken piston head!? Every customer team with problems.
3. PU2 did Miami and 20 laps in Barcelona and 20 laps in Baku. That's very far from EOL.
4. No it can't, FIA would reject that.
And lastly: Ferrari already got one reliability update so your arguments are moot.