Posting issues of late

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
PlatinumZealot

Posting issues of late

I don't know if this is happening to every one, but it has been happening recently; when I submit a post it looks to take forever for the post to submit and the page to redirect... however when I immediately open up a new tab and go to the same thread, I see that the post was indeed sent, except one thing... my account gets logged out.

On other occasions If i stay on the same reply to post page and press post one more time.. I get double and triple posts.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Is this happening to anyone else?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Moose

Re: Posting issues of late

Yep, happening for me too.

mikeerfol

It happens to me as well. (You should post it here though :P http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=7)

hollus

Are you using safari? The logging out problem has been on and off in Safari for a while. On my side, it is unrelated to the "posting lag". That is indeed as you describe, the post is made immediately, but it takes forever for the screen acknowledging it to appear, so that people double and triple click (meaning double and triple post).
Rivals, not enemies.

PlatinumZealot

hollus wrote:Are you using safari? The logging out problem has been on and off in Safari for a while. On my side, it is unrelated to the "posting lag". That is indeed as you describe, the post is made immediately, but it takes forever for the screen acknowledging it to appear, so that people double and triple click (meaning double and triple post).
Fox or Chrome Is what I use these days.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Manoah2u

same here, it is actually a bit better now, it used to never load when posting but indeed, be present when opening another window. chrome/firefox aswell here.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Steven
Owner

It's an issue with the tapatalk plugin, which is rather inefficiently pushing updates, making it take extremely long to complete when posting in big threads (it took for instance 80s in the McLaren MP4-30 thread).

Still working on it....

mikeerfol

Steven wrote: It's an issue with the tapatalk plugin, which is rather inefficiently pushing updates, making it take extremely long to complete when posting in big threads (it took for instance 80s in the McLaren MP4-30 thread).

Still working on it....
Ξ™s this the reason for all these tests?

Steven
Owner

Yes :)

:arrow: I have temporarily disabled tapatalk push notifications until I can work more on this.