2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SectorOne
392
User avatar
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 am

2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by SectorOne » Sun May 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Man and machine doing 150mph+ on a thin piece of tarmac not designed for F1 cars, what´s not to like?

Image



Image
Image
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SectorOne
392
User avatar
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 am

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by SectorOne » Sun May 10, 2015 5:16 pm

I´m quite interesting to see STR vs RBR here, as well as seeing the gap to Ferrari and if Ferrari will be second placed.

edit: also, i think Rosberg is the guy heading out first this time :wink:
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

dans79
195
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by dans79 » Sun May 10, 2015 5:43 pm

SectorOne wrote:I´m quite interesting to see STR vs RBR here, as well as seeing the gap to Ferrari and if Ferrari will be second placed.

edit: also, i think Rosberg is the guy heading out first this time :wink:
Since Lewis was out first this time, I assume he gets to make the call at Monaco. And based on last year, I would make sure I was out first.

GPR-A
167
User avatar
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:00 am

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by GPR-A » Sun May 10, 2015 6:04 pm

This is interesting bit.

New track changes to ‘make Monaco easier’ for Formula 1
Formula 1 drivers look set for an easier time at the Monaco Grand Prix with revisions to the Swimming Pool section taking away some of the challenge.

A new kerb has been introduced at the tight right-hander on the exit, meaning there is now more room for error.

Previously the barrier simply ended and drivers used it as a clipping point – and if they got it wrong they risked clanging against it and damaging their suspension.

The barrier has now been moved back and rounded off, and a new kerb added which the drivers can aim at.

SectorOne
392
User avatar
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 am

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by SectorOne » Sun May 10, 2015 6:33 pm

dans79 wrote:Since Lewis was out first this time, I assume he gets to make the call at Monaco. And based on last year, I would make sure I was out first.
Not sure but i think they are taking turns. So Hamilton had Spain, Rosberg gets Monaco, Hamilton gets Canada etc.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

MercedesAMGSpy
3
User avatar
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by MercedesAMGSpy » Sun May 10, 2015 7:53 pm

Can't wait for this saturday only event and party for the rich.

Jordan44
12
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by Jordan44 » Sun May 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Merc should romp it here, the W06 is still the best chassis by a significant amount.

This is a great opportunity for Nico to get back to back wins for the first time in his F1 career! He has a way around Monaco, despite what happened last year I still think he had something in hand over Lewis. All depends on Saturday.

dans79
195
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by dans79 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:33 pm

SectorOne wrote:
dans79 wrote:Since Lewis was out first this time, I assume he gets to make the call at Monaco. And based on last year, I would make sure I was out first.
Not sure but i think they are taking turns. So Hamilton had Spain, Rosberg gets Monaco, Hamilton gets Canada etc.
Based on comments from last year, they do in fact take turns, but it's turns getting to choose what you want to do.

SectorOne
392
User avatar
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 am

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by SectorOne » Sun May 10, 2015 9:39 pm

aha i see.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SiLo
72
User avatar
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by SiLo » Sun May 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Too close to call for me between Rosberg and Hamilton. Will definitely be exciting to watch though.

Will be fun to see where Mclaren will be though.
Felipe Baby!

raymondu999
139
User avatar
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by raymondu999 » Mon May 11, 2015 5:39 am

GPR-A wrote:This is interesting bit.

New track changes to ‘make Monaco easier’ for Formula 1
Formula 1 drivers look set for an easier time at the Monaco Grand Prix with revisions to the Swimming Pool section taking away some of the challenge.

A new kerb has been introduced at the tight right-hander on the exit, meaning there is now more room for error.

Previously the barrier simply ended and drivers used it as a clipping point – and if they got it wrong they risked clanging against it and damaging their suspension.

The barrier has now been moved back and rounded off, and a new kerb added which the drivers can aim at.
Yes, as visible here:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Vasconia
39
User avatar
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Basque Country

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by Vasconia » Mon May 11, 2015 8:38 am

I know that Monaco usually offer us very boring races but i cant stop watching the cars doing again and again the same corners. I really love the track and I would like to drive there.

I miss the wet races here, 96 and 97 were truly epic!!

Anyway, I take a Mercedes victory for granted, I hope that Nico can deliver again, the season needs desperately some emotion and battle between both Mercedes drivers.

I think that Ferrari wil be much closer, and I am curious about what Mclaren can do here.

Another highlight will be the intense battle between Toro Rosso drivers, Verstappen should be spectacular here if he is the "new Senna".

Mandrake
17
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 12:31 am

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by Mandrake » Mon May 11, 2015 11:01 am

Interesting short version they are using in Formula E. When the car went to the right in the first corner I was like WTF at first, but then I liked it.

TheGkbrk
2
User avatar
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:43 pm
Location: İstanbul, Turkey

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by TheGkbrk » Mon May 11, 2015 1:49 pm

I can't understand why Verstappen is seen as a driver that could be the new Senna, even though there were several drivers in recent years who made hoping debuts to their careers. I mean none of them are given such a potential. Giving a driver that title 'new Senna' is a huge thing and his performance so far is not really capable of carrying such a title.

Anyway, Merc victory but close fight between teammates and a surprisingly close field. I am hoping for a nice weekend for Mclaren. Can't wait to enjoy this race.
#14

Moose
126
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:41 pm

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Post by Moose » Mon May 11, 2015 2:03 pm

SectorOne wrote:
dans79 wrote:Since Lewis was out first this time, I assume he gets to make the call at Monaco. And based on last year, I would make sure I was out first.
Not sure but i think they are taking turns. So Hamilton had Spain, Rosberg gets Monaco, Hamilton gets Canada etc.
They take turns to decide - usually they opt to be second. That suggests that Rosberg had the choice in Spain, not Hamilton.

As for making the track easier by moving a barrier back and adding a kerb instead, that doesn't sound like it makes things easier to me. Instead, the drivers will still have to clip the wall there (and on the exit), only now they'll have to do it while being destabilised over a kerb. That sounds harder, not easier.