Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
manchild
manchild

Note for all members using avatars I made them - please upload them on your own web spaces if you can because my web space might exceed max transfer rate and become inaccessible.

Thanks in advance! :)

Tom

My 2CV is fantastic.

I would never have had the skill or patience to make one myself.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Principessa

Same here :wink:
MANCHILD! MANCHILD! MANCHILD!

(He's not champion for nothing :P )

Scuderia_Russ

Where is the best place to do this, Imageshack?

manchild
manchild

Well, all free websapces usualy have transfer limit including the imageshack. I'd suggest yahoo geocities because they have increased transfer limit to 4.2 mb/hour so one avatar probably won't choke it.

Sawtooth-spike

i cant take it off cus it comes up as a bmp eveytime i get rid of it

any help?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

manchild
manchild

Ok, I see that is the problem (BMP thing) so I'll mail them to you all.
Just PM me e-mail address on which you'd like to get avatars.

BTW, if anyone else wants avatar just PM me. If you are wondering why I make them for free there is a simple answer; I'm killing two flies with one hit - contributing to my favorite forum and in the same time it is good promotion of my work (all I need to do when people who ask me "what can you do" s to give them url of f1t) :wink:

Jason

I like the MP4-17D you made for me, your animated pistons is quite nice too
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

manchild
manchild

Little update for those using avatars I made :wink:

Now you can find them on another server and download or link them from there. Speed is now ok and files are downloadable.

http://f1manchild.googlepages.com/avatars.htm

BTW, any Porsche fans here? :wink:

Also, I'd like to suggest all of you google pages free hosting for pics, sites etc. at https://www.google.com/accounts/Service ... gle.com%2F

100MB of free space, no ads and no traffic limit (no more frogs for imageshack users) :wink:

Tp
Tp

Just out of interest, how did you make the animated avatars?

Tom

Hope you don't mind Manchild, but the helmets you made me were so good, I'm going to have to alternate between them and the 2CV!
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

Tp wrote:Just out of interest, how did you make the animated avatars?
Some of them are made from movie clips (converted to gif, cut out, reduced number of frames, enhanced...), some are made from static pics (m3lover's for example) and some vere already animated gifs like Renault logo or Porsche logo but I've also edited them frame by frame, added borders or text, changed backgorund etc.
Tom wrote:Hope you don't mind Manchild, but the helmets you made me were so good, I'm going to have to alternate between them and the 2CV!?
Oh no, those helmets I made suck. They good only for batracer program because it requires exact design envelope (bad quality) which makes them ugly for avatar :P

2CV rules, it was most dificult of all :cry:

Just kidding, do what you like :wink:

Tom

Annoyingly the BAT program actually adds a 'shine' to the helmet making the design hard to see :( . I'm still going to use it though

dumrick
dumrick

manchild wrote:2CV rules, it was most dificult of all :cry:
It really does, it's a superb avatar. And it's a 2CV, one of the most perfect machines ever :wink:

Tom

Thats settled. The 2CV stays.
If anyone wants to see the great job Manchild did on my helmet, I'll show it here asap.