FSAE car with Yamaha YFZ450r engine

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
humza yamin

FSAE car with Yamaha YFZ450r engine

hy everyone me and my team mates will be participating in FSAE for that reason we are using yamaha YFZ450r single cylinder engine can anyone tell me which of the differential is feasible with this engine. thanks
Last edited by Steven on 07 Jun 2015, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed topic title

gruntguru

Re: engine

Sounds like you are a new team. A spool is a good place to start.
je suis charlie

Cold Fussion

The Drexler LSD is the defacto standard in F-SAE.

http://www.drexler-motorsport.com.au/Su ... laSAE.html

xxChrisxx

OP you've got to remember that FSAE is more about justifying your reasons for doing something. Rather than an outright speed competition.
gruntguru wrote:Sounds like you are a new team. A spool is a good place to start.
If it was me, I'd do this. Start simple, get everything else solid and working well. Then next year start to build complexity.

Cold Fussion

Re: FSAE car with Yamaha YFZ450r engine

The thing with FSAE (especially with a small team) is that the choices you make in the beginning will likely carry over for many years. Designing the car with a spool requires a vastly different suspension setup to make the car drivable and unlikely the suspension philosophy can be changed completely in one year for a new team.

jjns1234

Re: FSAE car with Yamaha YFZ450r engine

The new YFZ450R has been launched