2015 Hungarian Grand Prix - 24-26 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix - 24-26 July

Andres125sx wrote:If it´s going to be very hot, then Ferrari might have a chance if they continue managing tyre temp better than Mercedes on high temps
I hope so though I dont expect to see Ferrari fighting for the victory. But at least they should beat Williams and put some pressure on Mercedes.

GPR-A duplicate2

Vasconia wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:If it´s going to be very hot, then Ferrari might have a chance if they continue managing tyre temp better than Mercedes on high temps
I hope so though I dont expect to see Ferrari fighting for the victory. But at least they should beat Williams and put some pressure on Mercedes.
People still believe in TIRE MANAGEMENT POWER of Ferrari and it somehow affects Mercedes? Other than Malaysia, where Merc f****ed up the race strategy, there isn't one race where Mercedes struggled for tires. Not sure what evidence is there which makes people optimistic about Ferrari's tire management. The only hope is rain, otherwise on a track where overtaking is close to impossible, it is going to be borefest from lights to chequered flag.

Andres125sx

GPR-A wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
People still believe in TIRE MANAGEMENT POWER of Ferrari and it somehow affects Mercedes? Other than Malaysia, where Merc f****ed up the race strategy, there isn't one race where Mercedes struggled for tires. Not sure what evidence is there which makes people optimistic about Ferrari's tire management.
Malaysia. Mercedes screwed up race strategy... or we should probably say Ferrari did the perfect strategy better, because it was not only Mercedes doing that, but all the rest except Vettel. But on most GPs Merc would have won even with that mistake. Not in Malaysia tough, where Ferrari was faster than Mercedes at a good part of the race, as we saw with Ferrari overtaking Mercedes on track.

How many times have you seen someone overtaking Mercedes on track?

iotar__

ChrisF1 wrote:Typically ranks in the worst 3 races of the year, and I don't expect anything different this time around. It does throw up a great race every 4-5 years though, so hopefully we get a 98, 11 or 06 this year.
Not really, on average it's better than all the classics: Spa, Silverstone or obviously Monaco. F1 is also about different challenges for drivers and cars so Hungary has its place. Same as Monza - usually boring but very specific.

- Ferrari should be in front of Williams but it can be close, track is more Red Bullx2, McLaren friendly which means there is a chance for some competition.
- Having said that mediums and softs mean - let me calculate - 1 stop but you should thank Red Bull for that, at least they'll be pushing 100% like Alonso behind Petrov :-) (except for fuel saving).

Vasconia

GPR-A wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
People still believe in TIRE MANAGEMENT POWER of Ferrari and it somehow affects Mercedes? Other than Malaysia, where Merc f****ed up the race strategy, there isn't one race where Mercedes struggled for tires. Not sure what evidence is there which makes people optimistic about Ferrari's tire management. The only hope is rain, otherwise on a track where overtaking is close to impossible, it is going to be borefest from lights to chequered flag.
High temperatures give Ferrari the chance of, at least, try to do one stop less, which is more than they usually can do in other races.

Mastudio
Mastudio

PlatinumZealot

Forza Jules will be all over the cars this week. I can't bear the mourning so I will only tune in for Q3 and the race. I need a few months to let reality sink in. Maybe Winter break I will do my mourning.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

zioture
zioture

zioture
zioture

zioture
zioture

SectorOne

Does anyone else take a wide line through Turn 5 apart from Hamilton?

Massa and Alonso does not, looking at this but that could be for those years or cars. I think there´s some bumps on the inside as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SnxKVQ4a8g

edit: Rosberg takes a tight line as well. (2014)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SectorOne

Interesting stat coming up, possibly.
If Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg both make it onto the podium it will be the 10th consecutive race that the team has had two drivers on the podium; something that has never happened before. It will be a new all-time record for F1, going back to 1950.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

I will be at the Hungarian GP this week, although I am no expert I will try to see the differences between the cars. This will be the second Gp which I will be attending the first being Bahrain.

The two circuits are different but it will give a nice idea as which team has closed the gap and which team has fallen back. A friend who is a professional will be able to give more precise feedback on the cars. I will write a review after the race.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

f1316
f1316

SectorOne wrote:Does anyone else take a wide line through Turn 5 apart from Hamilton?

Massa and Alonso does not, looking at this but that could be for those years or cars. I think there´s some bumps on the inside as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SnxKVQ4a8g

edit: Rosberg takes a tight line as well. (2014)
If I'm counting my corners right, looks like schumi was also hugging the tight line:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w_pjpeQpghM

This lap was an 1:18.8 btw - schumi nearly getting into q3 despite a 2 second penalty. Phenomenal lap.

F1NAC

Press conference