Will Michael Schumacher kill himself?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Will Michael Schumacher hurt himself?

Poll ended at 11 Apr 2006, 12:00

Yes
22%
No
33%
I hope not
44%

Total votes: 27

Ciro Pabón

Will Michael Schumacher kill himself?

Just to disagree with the last (repeated) post: could Michael have lost it in such a short time? BTW, I do not think so, but it sounds sooooo dramatical... :wink:

Stewart: Schumacher will kill himself
Ciro

Jason

I hope Schuey go injured because a like to see youngsters win instead of him. 84 wins is already enough for him, his closest challenger is Alain Prost on the list : 51 wins, the two guys wins difference is 33. If he wins every time then F1 would be so boring.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Ciro Pabón

Jason wrote:I hope Schuey go injured ...
Words fail me... :(
Ciro

trendy tramp
trendy tramp

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Jason wrote:I hope Schuey go injured ...
Words fail me... :(
Ditto :o :(

i only wish someone would injure their fingers so they couldn't type drivel

back to the point in hand, it's a bit of a sensationalist story really...

tt

manchild
manchild

Believe it or not but I voted for "I hope not" and that is because it would make him a legend. I hope he goes to retirement alive and kicking with all of the controversy on his back.

McLaurin

Jason wrote:I hope Schuey go injured because a like to see youngsters win instead of him. 84 wins is already enough for him, his closest challenger is Alain Prost on the list : 51 wins, the two guys wins difference is 33. If he wins every time then F1 would be so boring.
could be saying this of alonso in a coupla of years and he is much younger
David Coulthard is the best !!!!!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Ciro Pabón wrote:It is not me: it is Jackie Stewart saying so... follow the link.
I have to agree with Sir Jackie 100% on this one.
But I cannot wish any level of misfortune on another human being, and I oppose those who do.

RH1300S
RH1300S

No we won't and I hope he won't..........

I partly agree with JYS, he makes too many mistakes. In today's context that is not really very relevant, 40 years ago he would have been a good candidate not to make it.............that, I think was Jackie's point. Of course I am sure that MS is smart enough that he would'nt have pushed the limit so far in a more fragile car at any circuit of the 1960's.

Mind you about eight/ten years ago you may have been justified in asking the question - "will Michael end up killing someone"

Reca
Reca

manchild wrote: Believe it or not but I voted for "I hope not" and that is because it would make him a legend. I hope he goes to retirement alive and kicking with all of the controversy on his back.
I’m sorry but I just can’t let your blind hate against MS to go again out of reality for the zillionth time.

As much as it’s annoying to listen the hypocritical bullshit from people now believing Senna was whiter than white in term of controversial behavior on the track, don’t you think that to consider the desire to avoid something like that again as the only reason to hope somebody else doesn’t get hurt, is a bit too much ? I mean, as much as he could do wrong in your opinion, MS is still a man and certainly not the worst man on the face of earth, actually quite the opposite according to people who, contrarily to you, really know him.

Get real, the kind of dislike you usually show against MS should be reserved to people doing something really bad, lot worse than just not being your favourite driver; and if you had the chance to know what happened in Italy in the last month, you really should know what kind of orrible things some people are able to do.

If the only reason you hope somebody doesn’t get killed is because “otherwise he would then be a legend”, I’m sorry but your world is upside down.

West
West

I don't think he will kill himself. He's not that stupid. He's allowed to make mistakes because the penalties are a lot less harsh than they used to be.

Give him credit... he's won a lot. He had the best car. If he wants to win, he'll push. I make mistakes when I'm trying to fight for position in go-karting - sometimes I spin out and my race is over.

As for wishing for his injuries or death... you probably are a sicko. As somebody said earlier, break your own fingers before you type such a thing.

I think people are forgetting that he donated 10 million dollars to the tsunami victims in SE Asia in 2004. I don't know anybody else who had done such a thing.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Tom

I honestly hope he doesn't hurt himself, because he is (apparently) a human being. Also it would create seriouse safety woes and mad Max would make the cars go even slower!

Interesting point.

If Senna had lived, would he be the unbleamished superstar he is thought of as today.

I think not. He would be very like MS. Many fans, but many who also saw him as a dirty driver. (Prost/Senna wars)

Very contriversial. Sorry if anyone finds it offensive but that is my opinion.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

m3_lover

I dont think he will hurt himself, but he will push that car to the limit even risking a chance of crash but not in the effect of hurting himself though.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Scuderia_Russ

Jason wrote:I hope Schuey go injured .
First of all, Ranger you are a twat!

Second of all, crap idea for a thread!

(All IMHO!)

manchild
manchild

Sorry Reca but regardless on all other controversy Michael Schumacher is the only driver in history of F1 who was disqualified from championship because of deliberate attempt to endanger life of another driver (in traffic that is called attempt of murder) so I stand with what I said before.

I really haven't got a slightest bit of consideration for him and that is why I'd like to see him go to retirement without becoming the legend by hurting himself.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

first man to be disqualified from doing so, but not the first man(or the only one for that matter) to do so......