Ferrari F12tdf

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
F1NAC

Ferrari F12tdf

780 HP imporved 6.2L V12
705 Nm

Also has rear active axle

Love the grills above rear tires =P~

Just_a_fan

Re: Ferrari F12tdf

Looks like Ferrari's version of a TVR Sagaris...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Pierce89

Gorgeous. I disagree with all the people who claim aerodynamics has ruined the looks of modern Ferraris. I loved the 430, 458, LaFerrari, 488, and now this. I just love Ferraris in general. The 360 that my dad bought used made me a huge fan, though. It handled better than my race car (a spec 3 series Beemer).
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

F1NAC

Just_a_fan wrote:Looks like Ferrari's version of a TVR Sagaris...
how can you? wtf :D not even close. TVR looks like cheese grater

Facts Only

An oil burner in a Ferrari? Has the world gone mad?

(Yes I know it's not but everyone knows that "TD" on a car means Turbo Diesel)
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Sevach

Ferrari sure goes great lenghts to avoid putting a rear wing on their cars.

graham.reeds

Put a pair of wings on it and you could be looking at an Aston Martin, a cats face and it would be a new XF.

While it is nice its not distinctive.

The last wing was F50? The LaFerrari just has a jutting lip.

Sevach

graham.reeds wrote:Put a pair of wings on it and you could be looking at an Aston Martin, a cats face and it would be a new XF.

While it is nice its not distinctive.

The last wing was F50? The LaFerrari just has a jutting lip.
Other than maybe the 599 XX (which i don't think it counts), yes the F50.
I figured with movable wings becoming somewhat common it would a logical move, gets you the downforce, doesn't interfere with the looks (much), but Ferrari are resisting it :lol:

Anyways...

mzivtins

All that fantastic flair, creativity and art when designing and building cars, yet anything and everything to come out of Ferrari in terms of marketing and design off of the car is absolutely hideous. Those videos make me cringe... like late 1990's power point presentations.

Great car, still a brand that could be bought up to date.

Sevach

DiogoBrand

It's not an ugly car, but those shark fins over the rear wheel and on the frunt bumper, as well as the angular curves and the CF detail on the front fender, all of that makes for a not-so-great looking car, IMO the standard F12 looks better on every way,
The tdf would look way better as a Corvette(which it looks remarkably similar to). It's too vulgar for a Ferrari.
I know I'll be lynched, but "It's pretty because all Ferraris are" simply isn't an argument for anyone older than 8.
And since I'll be stoned anyway, I'll say the 458 looks a lot better than the 488 as well. :)

Cold Fussion

I would go as far to say that the 458 is the only good looking car Ferrari have made in the last 15 years.

DiogoBrand

Cold Fussion wrote:I would go as far to say that the 458 is the only good looking car Ferrari have made in the last 15 years.
In my opinion the standard F12 is also really good looking, and I really like the mad looks of the LaFerrari. Apart from that I completely agree.

Sevach

I like both the 488 and the F12 TDF, but i'm a bit of a show off so that could be it.
I like vents, holes, wings... to me the TDF is prettier than the standard.

Though on the 458 vs 488 i gotta say i don't see what's so different to cause this schism.

mertol

DiogoBrand wrote:It's not an ugly car, but those shark fins over the rear wheel and on the frunt bumper, as well as the angular curves and the CF detail on the front fender, all of that makes for a not-so-great looking car, IMO the standard F12 looks better on every way,
The tdf would look way better as a Corvette(which it looks remarkably similar to). It's too vulgar for a Ferrari.
http://www.turbo-zone.com/wp-content/up ... _jqkrt.jpg
I know I'll be lynched, but "It's pretty because all Ferraris are" simply isn't an argument for anyone older than 8.
And since I'll be stoned anyway, I'll say the 458 looks a lot better than the 488 as well. :)
The Corvette is trying to look like a Ferrari not the other way around. And I don't like that Corvette for the very same reason.