Fisico lost driving license

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ciro Pabón

Fisico lost driving license

Is this true? It is "old news", but I could not find any posts in this forum about it, or in the Web. Manchild, please, stand up.

http://newsfromrussia.com/accidents/200 ... 68154.html

Who would think a pilot could get a speed ticket? :twisted: Yes, Montoya (I think) got one. Did Ralph got one too? We could start a list of "bloopers". :wink:

Edit afterwards: Too late! http://anecdotage.com/browse.php?term=Racing
Ciro

jaslfc
jaslfc

kimi was also fined a few years back..
another story, a friend of mine works for the malaysian airport went to greet m.shumacher in the vip terminal. he decided to follow shumacher to the hotel. he said that shumacher drove up to 200km/h on the highway!! lucky for him there was no speedtraps!!

m3_lover

Whoa I Would have loved to see another contest like this

http://anecdotage.com/index.php?aid=5161
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

manchild
manchild

Re: Fisico lost driving license

Ciro Pabón wrote:Is this true? It is "old news", but I could not find any posts in this forum about it, or in the Web. Manchild, please, stand up.

http://newsfromrussia.com/accidents/200 ... 68154.html

Who would think a pilot could get a speed ticket? :twisted: Yes, Montoya (I think) got one. Did Ralph got one too? We could start a list of "bloopers". :wink:

Edit afterwards: Too late! http://anecdotage.com/browse.php?term=Racing
:lol:

What about f1 drivers with no driving licence :wink:

:arrow: Jacky Ickx

vyselegend

The funny thing with this fisico's incident is to see him as the main figure of Renault's safety campain a few month later. What an hypocrit! :lol:

f1.redbaron

vyselegend wrote:The funny thing with this fisico's incident is to see him as the main figure of Renault's safety campain a few month later. What an hypocrit! :lol:
I think that the incident took place just a few weeks after he condemned street racing on the streets of Rome.

I can see Flavio saying - "Now, you drive fast?"

Jason

This was the 2005 news, we already knew it :P
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Reca
Reca

That happened in December IIRC and obviously what he did was very stupid.
Nevertheless it has to be said that he has an attenuation. The freeway where that happened is very large, one way and was empty at the moment during the night. Speed limit in this kind of roads is 110 km/h and Fisichella was doing 145. Obviously too much, but normally not enough to lose your driving license, that’s for being 40+ km/h over speed limit. Unfortunately for him he was caught in a limited area, 250-300m long, where due to a slight bend (not even a corner) and to the presence of a bridge passing over the road, speed limit was down to 60 km/h. There are many of these “traps” on the roads in Italy, and almost all of them are more for towns to raise money than for real safety reasons. Something similar happened to me too on a similar road. I was at 110 (tacho) when I arrived in an area, about half km long, without dangers but with limit 70, obviously I didn’t suddenly brake to go under limit (that would be crazy) just lifted, and I was caught at 87. I did pay the fine, but certainly I don’t feel guilty of dangerous driving.

Back to Fisichella, even if I don’t particularly like him, what he did that time was simply an idiotic thing, he was certainly going too fast and fully deserves the punishment, but not more than that. A few weeks ago a, reasonably famous, economist, had his license retired for testing his brand new Porsche at over 300 km/h on highway. That’s a criminal if you ask me and licence suspension isn’t enough, he should be jailed. Fisichella was just, very very, stupid.
f1.redbaron wrote: I think that the incident took place just a few weeks after he condemned street racing on the streets of Rome
Make it a few days actually. He participated to a tv program to talk about safety on roads because a young boy was killed during one of these idiotic games youngsters play with cars to look “cool” and brave.

West
West

I think 90% of speeding tickets are just for fundraising. It's all over the internet, when u try to look for ways to avoid a speeding ticket - most of the time it's "safety" BS. Cops obviously have too much time on their hands. I was going 85 mph on a 70 highway from San Diego to Tucson. There was nobody (you couldn't see anybody) on the highway and the cop just had to pull me over.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Scuderia_Russ

Have you got speed cameras in Italy and the U.S. yet?

West
West

We've had them for quite a while. In San Diego there have been numerous complaints about them, so they were taken down a while back. But now they're back up. They have this huge visible flash for you if you feel like pushing your luck. I drive a very slow car nowadays so I don't really try at all.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Tom

Be prepared because you are about to hear something increadable, a teenager (myself) saying that I think the Speed limits are OK.

I agree with all the speed limits in Britain because, lets face it, it is very hard to drive a car at any speed if you do it right. Most people just drive down the motorway and cut across people, undertake, unessicerally switch lanes, crash, die. Look at the stats, so many people die on roads each year. I bet a huge majority of these deaths were caused by someone speeding.
Also West, not sure if your being seriouse, but just because there wasn't another car on the road doesn't mean you couldn't have crashed yourself.
There are so many parts to a car that any one could fail and pitch you off the road, and then you'll wish youd been doing 70.

Not sure where I'm going with this anymore but I think I was trying to say that road cars are as safe as 90mph rollerskates, compared to an F1 machine, they can crash at 200mph and walk away. See if you walk away at 85.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Scuderia_Russ

Personally I think speed insn't a problem but that tailgating is!

f1.redbaron

Well, I still have a huge chip on my shoulder from a "gift" I had received a few weeks ago. That gift was in a form of two traffic tickets. For one, I was 100% guilty, but the other one came as a result of me mouthing off.

Basically what happened with the first one was that I was passing cars on the right side. Every car in a 500m+ line-up was waiting at the set of lights to make a left-hand turn. I was amongst a few of cars who were trying to make a right hand turn. So, I decided to pass the cars on the right side (it was a single-lane road), and there was an unmarked car who had been hunting the drivers for this particular violation. Why? Because a mere 100m from the lights there was a police station, and the cops didn't like something like that happening in their back-yard. Another possible reason is that they knew that this was an easy way to collect an awful lot of money (btw, it is a strictly business area and not the urban one)

So, after getting pulled over, I started off by sucking-up, but since the cop was a thoroughbred moron, I got a "little" aggitated...Few minutes later, he came back with an aditional ticket - for an expired insurance...CARD! I lost it. The stupid no-neck, doughnut eating, ball-headed moron with his macho sunglasses gave me a ticket for carrying an expired insurance card. The worst thing is that it was only a few weeks past the expiration date.

Did he have legal grounds to give me those 2 tickets? Yes! But I cannot imagine how somebody can be that cold-hearted that he would not overlook the simple mistake that I'd made by not replacing my expired insurance card. He managed to ruin my perfect driving record.

I felt guilty for saying it, but after giving me a ticket, I told him off (that is putting it mildly, btw).

---------------

A few weeks later, I had my mini-revenge. Some other cop cut me off at an intersection, and proceeded towards his police station, where he had broke yet another traffic law (two, actually), by not signaling a lane change, and by not coming to a full stop at the stop sign. I followed him to the parking, and I asked him whether he was aware that the had broken 3 laws in less than 700m. He looked at me, speechless, and then I had asked for his badge number and the name of his immideate supervisor...he hesitated a little, but he gave it up. I told him that I will be filing an official complaint in the coming days, but I never did. Just the look on his face was enough of a revenge for me.

(btw, he was just coming off shift)

----------------

Going back to topic, if everybody does the same speed, THERE IS NO WAY AN ACCIDENT CAN HAPPEN. Newton says it can't! And I believe him. :)

Most of those speed traps are nothing more than, as some of you had said it, revenue booster. It is designed to put some additional funds into the municipality.

Scuderia_Russ, in Canada we did have the cameras, but they are now banned. Too many cases were getting thrown out of court because there was no way to prove that the owner of the car was the one behind the wheel. Now they only have the red-light cameras, and that's it.

fwa2500

what i love is how somone i know that has a Fiat 500 was given a massive ticket for going 110mph in a 65 zone.......obviosly, that is impossible......i guess the cop though "little red italian car...why not?"......my friend never paid the ticked, showed up in court and won.......

i believe there was a big story somthing like that that happened in england a while back too...no?