2016 United States Grand Prix - COTA, 21-23 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
RedNEO

Re: 2016 United States Grand Prix - COTA, 21-23 October

SR71 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:- Great opening post.
- compared to Suzuka - less engine impact (less excuses for RB), softer tyres, still 2,5 stops? Grid balance - similar.
- first time real tyre choice difference between competitors (not +-1 that equalises itself they talk about all the time) Ferrari-softs RB-medium. not that big - RB can still run softs. Number of stints and start on SS limits the impact.

- in '15 Rosberg was quicker in the wet? I don't believe it. I hope it rains again.
- borrowed a wheel, this time I'll try track on sims before watching =P~
All I keep hearing is Hamilton fans doing rain dances this season.... reaks.
It could backfire on them too. Rain creates unpredictablity and redbull are looking good even in the dry

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Hamilton pole, heavy rain, safetycar start, hamilton drives off into the distance, Rosberg twitchy and collides with Kimi, recovers but is race-compromised, gets undercut by a williams, gets too frisky to overtake and reach p2 where he gets offtrack and damages a wing, needs to go back to the pits and finally reaches p5.

Hamilton wins. Vettel 2nd. Ricciardo 4th. Verstappen 5th after a early collision damaging his floor. 6th Massa. 7th. Raikkonen. 8th Alonso. 9th Perez. 10th Button.

whatever. I just want to see Hamilton win so there's still a bigger chance on a last-race title fight. 1 DNF for rosberg, a tech issue for rosberg, and then a all-out last-race
fight of titans. that's what i want to see. all glory to Rosberg if he bags it like that then. He does a great job either way, but if he bags it in a full-out fight, please do so.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

iotar__

Hamilton need not to be down beat. Last four races of 2007 season showed that anything is possible in F1. Watching them ought to cheer him up :D .

Hey, that's autosport's joke: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... milton-out

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Manoah2u wrote:...heavy rain...
Unsure how accurate, but thunderstorms certainly look possible this time of year.

raksf1
raksf1

force india will outperform williams

Vasconia

ChrisDanger wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:...heavy rain...
Unsure how accurate, but thunderstorms certainly look possible this time of year.

http://i.imgur.com/JnkXcLW.png
No driver likes heavy rain because its too risky and unpredictable. Alonso or Shumacher used to say that a normal wet race was the best place to show ones skills because when its pouring rain any driver can make a mistake.

On the hand, a chaotic race due to the heavy rain could help Lewis to recover more points. But at the same time everything could end with a terrible DNF for his WC options.

swarren7
swarren7

I live about 2 hours away from the track and will be sitting in turn 15. There is no chance for rain from Friday-Sunday. It is predicted to be a sunny 3 days. Doesn't appear a rain dance will help for this race.

RedNEO

Come on Nico!!

godlameroso

I forgot to make my weather prediction. Cold front moving through Texas some time next week, it will be very pleasant but sunny weather. 18-25c track temperature will be higher, the tarmac there doesn't get terribly hot 40-45c max. It will be similar weather to the inaugural COTA race, albeit a bit warmer overall. Some wind too.
Saishū kōnā

SectorOne

Bring the rain. Let them earn it.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

godlameroso

I wish, aside from Silverstone, and Monaco, we haven't had a proper wet race. I like changing conditions though, just wish it was wet dry wet, or dry wet dry wet.
Saishū kōnā

mbchc
mbchc

godlameroso wrote:I wish, aside from Silverstone, and Monaco, we haven't had a proper wet race. I like changing conditions though, just wish it was wet dry wet, or dry wet dry wet.
It's kinda difficult to have a wet dry wet dry or vise versa in a spend of 2 hours though, but that's would be quite a fesinating race to watch.

I'm predicting Nico will have another win here and as to confirm his WDC. I'm no Nico or Lewis biased, but frankly speaking Nico did really well this season, he's more like a 'leader' this season than previous 'follower'. Lewis just really bad lucked and overall he seems 'over-driven' the car which I believe would be one of the causes of his constant broke down of racecraft.
Mercedes AMG Petronas
AMG|||

basti313
basti313

mbchc wrote:
godlameroso wrote:I wish, aside from Silverstone, and Monaco, we haven't had a proper wet race. I like changing conditions though, just wish it was wet dry wet, or dry wet dry wet.
It's kinda difficult to have a wet dry wet dry or vise versa in a spend of 2 hours though, but that's would be quite a fesinating race to watch.
Fascinating? Interesting? If we have changing conditions this favors two things: Tire usage and lucky strategy calls. On a track like COTA the Merc is to strong to be beaten by a Bull in changing conditions. A race with changing conditions means Mercs ahead, then Bulls, then Ferrari...all with good gaps. I would rather like to see a fight between Bulls and Ferraris in the dry.
mbchc wrote:I'm predicting Nico will have another win here and as to confirm his WDC. I'm no Nico or Lewis biased, but frankly speaking Nico did really well this season, he's more like a 'leader' this season than previous 'follower'. Lewis just really bad lucked and overall he seems 'over-driven' the car which I believe would be one of the causes of his constant broke down of racecraft.
The corers after the straights favor Lewis, he is better on breaking into them. So if everything runs normal he will win.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Don't leave out Vettel the wrecking ball at the first corner either. With some bad luck, he'll take out hamilton in a well placed strike.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GPR-A duplicate2

Manoah2u wrote:Don't leave out Vettel the wrecking ball at the first corner either. With some bad luck, he'll take out hamilton in a well placed strike.
Now that would be what I call, A GERMAN COLLABORATION. Never say never. =D> =D> =D>
That would just be his ticket into Mercedes for 2018. :lol: