2016 United States Grand Prix - COTA, 21-23 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

Re: 2016 United States Grand Prix - COTA, 21-23 October

Jester Maroc wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:Why are most people so harsh on Verstappen? He did nothing wrong in the race up until his second stop, he said that for his first stint he had to much front wing and after his first stop he was the fastest on track and after his second stop he was even fast on the mediums. He didn't moved under braking or pushed others off track.. Without his own call for the stop he "would've/could've" challange for 2nd or 3rd...

About the DOTD, the system doesn't work. It would only work if you can vote after the race or they should apply rules for it that the DOTD should need to finish the race and if not the award goes to the next inline. For me Alonso was DOTD.

Cheers
Are you Dutch?
Well yes, but that actually doesn't matter at all. I cheer for many race drivers. And I also think he shouldn't move under braking.. What does my nationality has to do with it?

ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

PlatinumZealot wrote:It has gone under peoples' radar. Did anyone else but me notice that Vettel yet again caused another turn 1 collision?
I've seen it to! He's just overly aggressive trying to fix the bad qualify positions and it always happens when three cars alongside are going through the corner.

DFX
DFX

Fifty wrote:Alonso fans amaze me. Wether he comes in last, gains positions due to retirements ahead or drives like a jack arse...they claim he is a superstar and claim any faults on the car or others.

I think his race with Massa showed two over the hill drivers having a good time and were pretty evenly matched (as I think they are and think they both need to retire). Any old washed up driver can drive hard for 5 turns each of 4-5 laps... do it every lap and then your in your prime.

I am shocked by Alonso not getting a penalty. Truly shocked.
Oh boy, talking about biased comments..

You have the right to say that you don't like Alonso in any sense, but to compare him with Massa and urge for his retirement is bit too much.

Yesterday we saw great driving and great passion from Alonso.. yet people want to see this as a bad thing. I'm brazilian by the way and I cannot defend Massa in that manuveur, he probably saw Alonso a little to late. To be honest they touched each other's front axis, which would impede any of the drivers to take the corner correctly. But that's my opinion only

ME4ME

PlatinumZealot wrote:
ME4ME wrote:Just imagine if it was Rosberg or Verstappen who had made that Alonso-move yesterday. They'd get an instant drive through.
Sarcasm? You picked the two people that have gotten away with the most indescretions!
No sarcasm! :) I kind of ment they have it coming

ClarkBT11

DFX wrote:
Fifty wrote:Alonso fans amaze me. Wether he comes in last, gains positions due to retirements ahead or drives like a jack arse...they claim he is a superstar and claim any faults on the car or others.

I think his race with Massa showed two over the hill drivers having a good time and were pretty evenly matched (as I think they are and think they both need to retire). Any old washed up driver can drive hard for 5 turns each of 4-5 laps... do it every lap and then your in your prime.

Oh boy, talking about biased comments..

You have the right to say that you don't like Alonso in any sense, but to compare him with Massa and urge for his retirement is bit too much.

Yesterday we saw great driving and great passion from Alonso.. yet people want to see this as a bad thing. I'm brazilian by the way and I cannot defend Massa in that manuveur, he probably saw Alonso a little to late. To be honest they touched each other's front axis, which would impede any of the drivers to take the corner correctly. But that's my opinion only
Alonso was driving out of the track limits a lot, then he overtakes Sainz off track limits... Yes Alonso drove with passion but not within the rules.

Yee haaa! Alonso summed it up.. Overtook like a cowboy :lol:

iotar__

ClarkBT11 wrote: Alonso was driving out of the track limits a lot, then he overtakes Sainz off track limits... Yes Alonso drove with passion but not within the rules.
You knew who was at fault vs Massa the moment Alonso started his fake radio rambling. Not that he started talking (they all do) but the way he described it. "Closed the door", really? You mean the door when you drive straight instead of turning as the only way of overtaking? Not keeping it on track at this speed (you slow down and try to turn the other stays in front), ramming into other car = 'he' closed the door?

It means I caused a collisions and sent a car off track on purpose to overtake but let's pretend with FIA it wasn't that. While high driving standards crowd is looking in the other direction. Magnussen gets a penalty for the type of move Verstappen got away with in Austria. I wonder why :?

basti313
basti313

ClarkBT11 wrote: Yee haaa! Alonso summed it up.. Overtook like a cowboy :lol:
:mrgreen:

Just rewatched the last laps. Magnussen was crazy fast. Taking this pace advantage over his peer group, I wonder why no one else pitted at this time for SS. He was 3 sec faster than Eri, Pal or Kvy.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Edax
Edax

ClarkBT11 wrote:
Alonso was driving out of the track limits a lot, then he overtakes Sainz off track limits... Yes Alonso drove with passion but not within the rules.

So..... what do we want to see: passion or rules?

langwadt
langwadt

iotar__ wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote: Alonso was driving out of the track limits a lot, then he overtakes Sainz off track limits... Yes Alonso drove with passion but not within the rules.
You knew who was at fault vs Massa the moment Alonso started his fake radio rambling. Not that he started talking (they all do) but the way he described it. "Closed the door", really? You mean the door when you drive straight instead of turning as the only way of overtaking? Not keeping it on track at this speed (you slow down and try to turn the other stays in front), ramming into other car = 'he' closed the door?

It means I caused a collisions and sent a car off track on purpose to overtake but let's pretend with FIA it wasn't that. While high driving standards crowd is looking in the other direction. Magnussen gets a penalty for the type of move Verstappen got away with in Austria. I wonder why :?
yeh, if Mag hadn't gone off track it would have ended like Ham and Ros in Austria

godlameroso

https://my.mixtape.moe/lmlkyp.mp4

I don't know, @ 05 sec, you can see Massa didn't give him or himself much room, from that angle there was no way he could have completed that turn. That was a racing incident, and Massa was just unlucky. He was slower than Alonso and tried to shut the door too late. Anyway I fear this is going to create pages of controversy until a mod steps in, but I for one am grabbing my popcorn.
Saishū kōnā

smiley

ThumbsUp wrote:About the DOTD, the system doesn't work. It would only work if you can vote after the race or they should apply rules for it that the DOTD should need to finish the race and if not the award goes to the next inline. For me Alonso was DOTD.
25% of the votes come from the Netherlands, so the DOTD system is sort of rigged atm.

Pierce89

Alas...F1, FIA and FOM really need Honda to not only stay but expand in the sport.

Can't have them be a one team engine manufacturer, or worse, leave and join FE along every other major manufacturer.

What will be funny about that last comment is how all the Alonso nut swingers will come out and say how there is no way those listed organizations would do anything scrupulous like I have suggested, yet have themselves complained and accused that very thing in regards to the Merc duo, or the Vers incidents etc etc etc..
If Alonso is over the hill, what does that make the rest of the grid?(bar Hamilton)
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

DFX
DFX

Edax wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:

So..... what do we want to see: passion or rules?
You meant the fact that Alonso gone out of track after completing the maneuver? That's up to debate, but in my view he completed the overtake (Sainz was behind him at that point) and then proceeded to go out of track, maybe because the tires were gone at that point or he didnt want to lock up, dont know.. But in Magnussen case, they were side by side and he go out of track before finishing the overtake manuveur. The only way that he could gain that position was by going outside track limits, unlike Alonso's case.

ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

smiley wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:About the DOTD, the system doesn't work. It would only work if you can vote after the race or they should apply rules for it that the DOTD should need to finish the race and if not the award goes to the next inline. For me Alonso was DOTD.
25% of the votes come from the Netherlands, so the DOTD system is sort of rigged atm.
And you think every vote out of the Netherlands is for Max :wtf: , I know mine wasn't :D as I said I gave mine to Alonso...

Jester Maroc
Jester Maroc

ThumbsUp wrote:
Jester Maroc wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:Why are most people so harsh on Verstappen? He did nothing wrong in the race up until his second stop, he said that for his first stint he had to much front wing and after his first stop he was the fastest on track and after his second stop he was even fast on the mediums. He didn't moved under braking or pushed others off track.. Without his own call for the stop he "would've/could've" challange for 2nd or 3rd...

About the DOTD, the system doesn't work. It would only work if you can vote after the race or they should apply rules for it that the DOTD should need to finish the race and if not the award goes to the next inline. For me Alonso was DOTD.

Cheers
Are you Dutch?
Well yes, but that actually doesn't matter at all. I cheer for many race drivers. And I also think he shouldn't move under braking.. What does my nationality has to do with it?
It doesn't always matter, but it sometimes does. You know, some fans look at his driving through either #MaxCannotMakeAStepWrong or heavily tinted orange spectacles. I just thought I should ask for perspective.

In this race he did good and bad. He certainly destroyed his tires by trying too hard behind Kimi.

My problems with Max is not his talent, but his attitude. To be a complete race driver Max needs to be able to accept guidance from a vastly experienced team on the pit wall who certainly want him to succeed. There is a lot more that can be said about him but I think enough has been said already. I just wish that he will grow up and start racing with a tad more humility and respect.
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.