New messages?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Scuderia_Russ

New messages?

When I revisit the forum each day, the yellow boxes next to the thread indicating new messages are no longer visible. This tells me that there are no new messages when in fact there is! The only time I actually see that new messages have been posted is when I can see boxes when someone posts a new message wile i'm online on the site but not when I'm away? Any suggestions?

manchild
manchild

Are you emptying Temporary Internet Files and deleting cookies between visits? Also, are you logging in each time or do you have saved cookie?

Check this too - Tools, Internet options, (Temporary internet files) Settings - "Never" should be checked. If it is either one above the "Never" and if you have saved pass (cookie) than it could cause the problem.

Tom

Completly opposing that, sometimes when I log on posts I put up from the night before are classed as unread. Not really a problem just confusing.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:Are you emptying Temporary Internet Files and deleting cookies between visits? Also, are you logging in each time or do you have saved cookie?
I donb't tamper with any of that stuff, came online one day last week and it's been like it ever since. :cry:
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

Well, check what I've suggested "Tools, Internet options, (Temporary internet files) Settings - "Never" should be checked. If it is either one above the "Never" and if you have saved pass (cookie) than it could cause the problem". That is not "messing" - you can't screw up anything :wink:

Also, if that doesn't help try switching to restore point on date you are sure it worked.

Ciro Pabón

Have you tried simply to reload the page clicking the button at the top of your browser?

Manchild solution should work for all pages: reloading the page clears the cache just for the F-1 Technical page.

Thanx, both of you. I had not the slightest idea why the icons changed colour.

BTW, why sometimes the (white) icons are small and sometimes big? I hope this is not a warning about the lenght of some posts (like mine)! :D

EDIT: duuhhhh.... the icons meaning is at the end of the forum page.... I am blind, I think.
Ciro

Tom

Is there anyway to stop automatically logging off if the site is left untouched for too long?

A few times I have been away for an hour and left the page open and when I get back and reset any page I have been logged off.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Scuderia_Russ

I arrive at F1Technical.net and all appears well again. Weird???
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Steven
Owner

Tom wrote:Is there anyway to stop automatically logging off if the site is left untouched for too long?

A few times I have been away for an hour and left the page open and when I get back and reset any page I have been logged off.
Check "remember me" when logging in like I do. That remembers your login for about 7 days I think, could check but am a bit busy now.