2016 Grand Prix of Brazil - Interlagos, 11-13 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mrluke
mrluke

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Brazil - Interlagos, 11-13 November

Agree with everything you've said above.

I think it helps that he knows that its coming down to unreliability of his Mercedes which is outside of his control.

The gaps he built between safety cars was just insane, he could have lapped ros.

turbof1

mrluke wrote:Agree with everything you've said above.

I think it helps that he knows that its coming down to unreliability of his Mercedes which is outside of his control.

The gaps he built between safety cars was just insane, he could have lapped ros.
I know you are half joking (with the other half giving a nice satisfaction at the thought). However, back in 2008 at Silverstone he actually lapped everybody with the exception of the 2d place.

He doesn't get to shine often anymore in wet conditions, but Hamilton is one of the best rain drivers. I'm not talking about the current grid, but about every F1 driver in history.
#AeroFrodo

Juzh

Then again, china 2009 was nothing special, was it.

flynfrog

dans79 wrote:
flynfrog wrote: So if you are playing football (American) do you throw a Hail Mary every play?
I find it hilariously ironic that you compare Rosberg winning a race over Lewis as a Hail Mary.

Andres125sx wrote: But saying someone who is fighting for the big prize is a looser because he didn´t fight for a second scale prize is....
Winners are people who do their best every time out. I'm guessing you've never been a serious athlete?

I think my comment went way over your head. I was trying to say you don't go for a high risk play very time. Winners are the ones with the most points when the clock runs out. Why would Rosberg go for a stupid high risk move for points he doesn't need.
I know we all like to think the best driver is the one that takes the most risks and is balls out every lap of every race but the truth is those guys rarely win the championship. The guys the win the championship are generally very calculated risk takers.

Uncle Rico wrote: How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

ringo

Andres125sx wrote: Lewis lost his first title exactly because of this, he couldn´t cope with Alonso passing him, tried to push more than needed, and lost his first WDC because of his own mistakes on last GPs of 07 season, absurd mistakes as the title was almost on his pocket.
Well if you want to be specific, he lost his first title to reliability issues. He experience a gearbox glitch which basically took the championship from him. I actually remembered that because someone mentioned Senna and being stuck in 5th gear was it?
He didn't lose it on mistakes. He lost it on reliability issues.
He had it in the bag quite easily without that issue ( which i believe could have been FIA induced 8) )

For Sure!!

TAG

ringo wrote:Well if you want to be specific, he lost his first title to reliability issues. He experience a gearbox glitch which basically took the championship from him. I actually remembered that because someone mentioned Senna and being stuck in 5th gear was it?
He had it in the bag quite easily without that issue ( which i believe could have been FIA induced 8) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mMEQm46loE
This made me laugh, thanks for sharing the video and bringing back old memories. People always look for evidence to support their predisposed conclusions regardless of facts. It's human nature.

Imagine a young talented kid coming in and smoking the establishment. Maybe some day they'll be blaming Verstappen for blowing the 2017 championship to Hamilton on the last race of the calendar because of a gear box issue. AKA his own mistakes. :wtf:
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

ringo wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: Lewis lost his first title exactly because of this, he couldn´t cope with Alonso passing him, tried to push more than needed, and lost his first WDC because of his own mistakes on last GPs of 07 season, absurd mistakes as the title was almost on his pocket.
Well if you want to be specific, he lost his first title to reliability issues...
I wonder how many people were questioning if Raikonnen was a "deserving" champion.

Actually, I bet no-one did. :roll:

Hangaku

henry wrote: You obviously don't watch football. Late in the 4th protecting a small lead the best quarterbacks don't try for a touchdown every play they just move the chains and run down the clock. That's what Rosberg is doing.
... that indeed may well make him WDC at the end of the season, but it's certainly not exciting, and for many people, winning at a canter is complete BS. I would love to see ROS go balls out and try to win the last race, toe-to-toe with HAM (and beat him). Then he can celebrate hard for taking the WDC. If he just "controls the race" until the finish line, he can take the WDC, and know that he is still second best to HAM.
Yer.

basti313
basti313

Hangaku wrote:
henry wrote: You obviously don't watch football. Late in the 4th protecting a small lead the best quarterbacks don't try for a touchdown every play they just move the chains and run down the clock. That's what Rosberg is doing.
... that indeed may well make him WDC at the end of the season, but it's certainly not exciting, and for many people, winning at a canter is complete BS. I would love to see ROS go balls out and try to win the last race, toe-to-toe with HAM (and beat him). Then he can celebrate hard for taking the WDC. If he just "controls the race" until the finish line, he can take the WDC, and know that he is still second best to HAM.
That is completely different for a driver than for any Kindergarden round the world. The drivers want to win the WDC, and than comes loooong nothing else. On the other hand the WDC is not relevant for the "my driver is better than your driver" Ying Yang.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Andres125sx

dans79 wrote:
flynfrog wrote: So if you are playing football (American) do you throw a Hail Mary every play?
I find it hilariously ironic that you compare Rosberg winning a race over Lewis as a Hail Mary.
Andres125sx wrote: But saying someone who is fighting for the big prize is a looser because he didn´t fight for a second scale prize is....
Winners are people who do their best every time out. I'm guessing you've never been a serious athlete?
Are you seriously comparing athletics to F1? :shock: :shock:

turbof1

#peoplegettingstuckinmetaphores
#AeroFrodo

GPR-A duplicate2

basti313 wrote:
Hangaku wrote:
That is completely different for a driver than for any Kindergarden round the world. The drivers want to win the WDC, and than comes loooong nothing else. On the other hand the WDC is not relevant for the "my driver is better than your driver" Ying Yang.
Another analogy. You obviously have a lot of forward players in football (yeah, the same game that rest of the world calls "football") and why is that some gets paid way too much than others? After they are also FORWARDS. Why is RONALDO AND MESSI so decorated and not some other tom, dick and harry? Forwards right? That is the difference in winning a championship by calculations and by winning it/thrilling it.
You don't pay to watch some stooge bore you, but you pay when someone thrills you. The fundamental meaning of COMPETITION is when there is all out skills on display. We still call those who put the bravado on display as the GLADIATORS, because only one can/should prevail in the battle and you don't prevail by scratching someone's back in that game while it was expected of you to thrill it/kill it, because the definition has changed due to circumstances.

In the game of numbers, any TRUMP can win. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by GPR-A duplicate2 on 15 Nov 2016, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

ringo wrote:
Well if you want to be specific, he lost his first title to reliability issues. He experience a gearbox glitch which basically took the championship from him. I actually remembered that because someone mentioned Senna and being stuck in 5th gear was it?

Sorry but that´s funny, FIA allowed him to be returned to track by a crane! :shock: and he was not disqualified :wtf:

Also, that glitch was only after a poor start, going wide and loosing several positions at that same GP

Moreovever, that was in Brazil, but previous GP he also did a big mistake :wink:

So it was two big driver mistakes and one glitch in last 2 GPs. In my book that´s loosing the title because of his own mistakes

Andres125sx

TAG wrote:
ringo wrote:Well if you want to be specific, he lost his first title to reliability issues. He experience a gearbox glitch which basically took the championship from him. I actually remembered that because someone mentioned Senna and being stuck in 5th gear was it?

This made me laugh, thanks for sharing the video and bringing back old memories. People always look for evidence to support their predisposed conclusions regardless of facts. It's human nature.
Indeed :lol:

Andres125sx

Hangaku wrote:
... that indeed may well make him WDC at the end of the season, but it's certainly not exciting, and for many people, winning at a canter is complete BS. I would love to see ROS go balls out and try to win the last race, toe-to-toe with HAM (and beat him). Then he can celebrate hard for taking the WDC.
He will celebrate hard anycase, period

People confuse their own likings with reality. I also would prefer a brainless battle, as any spectator, but that´s only because we are confortably seated on our armchairs. If we would be risking a whole season of efforts, training and millions investment of a whole team with hundreds members, only a very stupid/immature person would risk that chance, wich could easily be the only chance he´ll enjoy in his career, with no reason, only because of the honour of beating your teammate on that specific GP #-o

Even Max Verstrappen would be cautious in that scenario, even the bravest teenagers have some brain