2016 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina, 25-27 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Goran2812
Goran2812

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina, 25-27 November

djos wrote:If he had an issue and then drove thru the pack to win, like Webber did for his 1st win in Germany, then yes, that would help a lot.
That would probably make Ros haters show a little bit of their soft side... hahaha
GPR-A wrote:
Goran2812 wrote:would anyone feel a little less robbed for the WDC if Rosberg absolutelly destroys everyone in the race? :D Like, drives the best race of his life, crushes the field and Hamilton can through pure pace finish only second... :D Would he still be a not worthy champion,or a little less not worthy? :D

Can't wait for the race!!!
I need a kilo of that. Mind telling the address please? Been quite a long since I smoked and they have banned near my place. 8)
You must be on something right now... No other way to explain your quote... :) And a kilo??? :D Need to catch up on the lost time? haha :D

To be honest, I don't actually care who wins the WDC, just let the season end so we can focus on 2017 and have a more even playing field... [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

more even playing field?

I think people are thoroughly mistaken to think 2017 will 'even' the field. It would be more even if the rule change didn't happen.
Instead, we're going to see a manufacturer step up and have a huge advantage. This could be RedBull again, but Mercedes and Mclaren are in it too.
I'd count Ferrari out because of the mess it is in. If they felt 'safe' for 2017, they wouldnt be in all this stress. Mclaren seems in a mess now with the RonDennis affair,
so that doesnt mean good news for them.

I'd call either a big advantage for Mercedes or RedBull, and something tells me RedBull is the one to look out for.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Race week Monday! Always a good feeling. And at the end of the week one of these guys will be World Champion!

Goran2812
Goran2812

Manoah2u wrote:more even playing field?

I think people are thoroughly mistaken to think 2017 will 'even' the field. It would be more even if the rule change didn't happen.
Instead, we're going to see a manufacturer step up and have a huge advantage. This could be RedBull again, but Mercedes and Mclaren are in it too.
I'd count Ferrari out because of the mess it is in. If they felt 'safe' for 2017, they wouldnt be in all this stress. Mclaren seems in a mess now with the RonDennis affair,
so that doesnt mean good news for them.

I'd call either a big advantage for Mercedes or RedBull, and something tells me RedBull is the one to look out for.
If I wished for a more even playing field it doesn't mean it's going to happen... But a man can hope... [-o< [-o< [-o<
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Vasconia

Ahh one week out of this forum but things have no changed. :roll:

Apart from the childish attitudes of "I want this drive out of the race becase he sucks" that bores me to death, I think that most of us want an exciting race. Like for example Nico making a bad start and being forced to recover some positions in order to get the championship like it happened with Vettel in 2012. I want Nico to win this championship but this scenario would be more interesting than a boring 1-2 race. Dont you think?

ian_s

i think that what i want to see is rosberg and hamilton both starting from the back of the grid, and seeing them both carve through the field up into the points, all the time fighting each other too.

it wont happen, but it would be nice to see them actually race.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Vasconia wrote:Ahh one week out of this forum but things have no changed. :roll:

Apart from the childish attitudes of "I want this drive out of the race becase he sucks" that bores me to death, I think that most of us want an exciting race. Like for example Nico making a bad start and being forced to recover some positions in order to get the championship like it happened with Vettel in 2012. I want Nico to win this championship but this scenario would be more interesting than a boring 1-2 race. Dont you think?
So whilst complaining on other forum members opinions and 'wishes', you accuse them of doing the very same you are posting right after attacking about the very same......right.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

notsofast
notsofast

Four drivers have selected only one set of supersoft tires for the race. This is the mandatory race tire, which means that this one set needs to be available for the race, whether they use it or not. What happens if one of those drivers gets a puncture or a blowout during practice with their one set of supersoft? Are they simply planning to not use this tire at all during practice or qualifying?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

ian_s wrote:i think that what i want to see is rosberg and hamilton both starting from the back of the grid, and seeing them both carve through the field up into the points, all the time fighting each other too.

It would 99% guaranteed destroy the WDC right there, as it would be nearly impossible for Lewis to make the finishline at P1, or atleast with a big enough margin against his teammate to win it.

If however, that happens, and Lewis' car is 99% intact and Nico's car is 75% intact, then it might become interesting to see Lewis bloodthirsty to get the position needed to get the WDC, and Nico going all-out with a damaged Merc trying to get high enough to block a WDC 'snag' from Lewis. It would make things exciting were that to happen, yes.

Not if both cars would come out unscathed and simply 'tour' through the field towards P1 and P2 and essentially making the WDC battle much less exciting.

Would Lewis however be able to convince another driver to 'crashgate' into Nico? :mrgreen:
Will Toto smash onto the 'self-destruct' button of Lewis' car if Nico gets P4?
Would Toto smash the 'self-destruct' button of Nico's car if he's P3?
Would Seb the 'wrecking ball' wipe Nico clear off the track?
Will Massa get payback on losing his WDC by blocking Lewis into the field?
Or will Raikkonen grab P1 like a boss?

How will we survive the result of the final GP until the first GP of 2017?!!!

sosic2121
sosic2121

Manoah2u wrote:
ian_s wrote:i think that what i want to see is rosberg and hamilton both starting from the back of the grid, and seeing them both carve through the field up into the points, all the time fighting each other too.

It would 99% guaranteed destroy the WDC right there, as it would be nearly impossible for Lewis to make the finishline at P1, or atleast with a big enough margin against his teammate to win it.

If however, that happens, and Lewis' car is 99% intact and Nico's car is 75% intact, then it might become interesting to see Lewis bloodthirsty to get the position needed to get the WDC, and Nico going all-out with a damaged Merc trying to get high enough to block a WDC 'snag' from Lewis. It would make things exciting were that to happen, yes.

Not if both cars would come out unscathed and simply 'tour' through the field towards P1 and P2 and essentially making the WDC battle much less exciting.

Would Lewis however be able to convince another driver to 'crashgate' into Nico? :mrgreen:
Will Toto smash onto the 'self-destruct' button of Lewis' car if Nico gets P4?
Would Toto smash the 'self-destruct' button of Nico's car if he's P3?
Would Seb the 'wrecking ball' wipe Nico clear off the track?
Will Massa get payback on losing his WDC by blocking Lewis into the field?
Or will Raikkonen grab P1 like a boss?

How will we survive the result of the final GP until the first GP of 2017?!!!
IMO you forgot to mention Hamilton's biggest chance, certain Dutch supertalent...

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Ahh one week out of this forum but things have no changed. :roll:

So whilst complaining on other forum members opinions and 'wishes', you accuse them of doing the very same you are posting right after attacking about the very same......right.
I hope to see an agonic and epic battle between Nico and Lewis until the last lap. You hope to see a DNF for Nico. Thats the difference. I think this was very easy to understand.

turbof1

ChrisDanger wrote:Race week Monday! Always a good feeling. And at the end of the week one of these guys will be World Champion!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/ ... 2jJnT8.jpg
In all honesty: I'll be glad we'll be done with it. This constant jibber jabber is frankly exhausting: "oh, it's soooo unfair Hamsterton is not winning the title." "Purpleberg is nothing more than sh*t. How dares he winning the title" "Coco WereWolf should blow up Purpleberg's PU." "Someone please nail iotar to a cross. And put a sock in his mouth." "rape the moderator; he's killing my Purpleberg bashing vibe."

I hope I am atleast spared of any aftermath. Surely this particular discussion has been discussed to death already, to the point we don't need to discuss when we effectively have the outcome?

Ps, might contain traces of satire, sarcasm and excagerations. I do not condone actual raping or actual crucifying by any means.
#AeroFrodo

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Vasconia wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

I hope to see an agonic and epic battle between Nico and Lewis until the last lap. You hope to see a DNF for Nico. Thats the difference. I think this was very easy to understand.
i guess reading is hard for you
Manoah2u wrote: I must say i've grown to the possibility of Nico becoming WDC. I wouldn't specifically say he 'earned' it, but I can definately say i dont think he did NOT earn it. In other words, i'm rather fine by it by now, having seen Lewis going all out to return with a great final battle that unfortunately for him did not make it.
now where did i say i HOPE for a Rosberg DNF?
Matter of fact, i do NOT hope for that. I HOPE for excitement.

Did i hope a Nico DNF in previous races? YES, for having a balance.
Do i hope it for this race? NO.

get your facts straight.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

visual representation of a Lewis WDC and a Nico fail during the race :

aftermath:

visual representation of Nico winning the WDC

lewis:

aftermath

FOR CLEARS: THIS IS A JOKE.

basti313
basti313

Manoah2u wrote: How will we survive the result of the final GP until the first GP of 2017?!!!
As Ros has no fans it will cool down quite quickly. Hamboys will celebrate or spit blood for a week and then they are done no matter how it will end.
Manoah2u wrote: Matter of fact, i do NOT hope for that. I HOPE for excitement.
Yes, it is sooooo exciting if Britney or the other girl wins. This will be so much more exciting than the usual coin toss on who messes up we had the last three years.
Manoah2u wrote: FOR CLEARS: THIS IS A JOKE.
Thanks.
Don`t russel the hamster!