Forum organisation - help us

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Tom

I have thought before that its a shame for people from other nations to always be speaking English, and it will be good for everyone if they can pick up a new word a day. I regret not taking another language (I'd love to learn Italian) so anyone like me can pick up a bit.

Unfortunetly that adds a huge workload to the folk who run the site. If I knew anymore words I'd love to help.

Also too many topics can make things look messy, but I'd like a photo gallery.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mep

vyselegend wrote:
The only bad thing I see in that idea is that it represent a terrible work to do if you and tomba have to do it alone, but maybe every member could help building the page...
I think this idear is not so bad.
I would help you with the german words a bit.
For example:
vyselegend wrote:
Maschine Drehkraft =engine torque
The word "Maschine Drehkraft " does not exist.[/code]
Last edited by mep on 03 May 2006, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

m3_lover

What about a countdown because the star and the people icon underneath the F1 technical banner on the start page. Like the one you see on F1.com.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

vyselegend

mep wrote:The word "Maschine Drehkraft " does not exist.[/code]
LOL! That's why we need a traduction page :lol:
I obtained this translation from some dictionnary website, wich apparently is not really accurate. :?

mep

I think the discussion should be "more straight".
Some are only posting agreements.
Such as: good, I also belive this. or simply some emotions: :evil: :cry:

One member here is a master of this.
Sometimes I wish I could delete such replys because they only help to get off topic.

mep

vyselegend wrote
mep wrote:
The word "Maschine Drehkraft " does not exist.[/code]

LOL! That's why we need a traduction page
I obtained this translation from some dictionnary website, wich apparently is not really accurate.
HaHa
Ok it is proven we need one.
PS.: torque means Drehmoment
engine means Motor or Maschine
engine torque means Motorendrehmoment

m3_lover

I think posts should be deleted on who is a better driver, it is all opinion no fact to it and it puts the thread out of order.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Jason

I agree with zac to stay with the current one, it gives me a headache with too many forums :oops:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Steven
Owner

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Monstrobolaxa wrote:Well...to me a separate Development Project forum seems to be a good idea!
mech_coen opened a separate forum. I think he agreed on this with Tomba. :oops:
Dont't worry about the crowding: almost nobody hast posted... :D
No, he did that on his own, without any prior talking to me.
I don't think I'll be present there ;)

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Tomba wrote:
Ciro Pabón wrote:
Monstrobolaxa wrote:Well...to me a separate Development Project forum seems to be a good idea!
mech_coen opened a separate forum. I think he agreed on this with Tomba. :oops:
Dont't worry about the crowding: almost nobody hast posted... :D
No, he did that on his own, without any prior talking to me.
I don't think I'll be present there ;)
i've registered on his site...but have mentioned that I would only participate in a project where Tomba is involved...!

Principessa

Wow! Is my boyfriend popular or what :wink:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Nahh...just that I've been a friend for 5 years now...and didn't want to enter a project that probably will be an adversary of the F1Technical project....

Steven
Owner

Well actually the point of this thread is that some people earlier on suggested we'd need something extra in the forum.

A popular question was to somehow seperate the "general car technology" from off topic chat

Furthermore, AES are willing to help with a project when that is run on this site. They also asked for a seperate forum dedicated to development of a car. While I think it's a very very interesting idea, I'm not sure if there is enough interest and experience to build something valuable.

I for one would like to guide it all in good ways and maybe learn a bit of CAD this summer, but I have no experience with any of that, although I'm very interested in it.

manchild
manchild

I also find some problems between general chat and off topic chat. Having in mind that purpose of F1T is to be informative and educational some topics dealing with F1 history usualy end up in off topic chat while "who is better driver" or stuff about Ide and similar things remain in general chat. I think that either all F1 related topics should be in general chat or general chat should be differently organised.