McLaren MCL32 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mclaren111

Re: McLaren MCL32 Honda

Rear Wing Close-Up =D> =D>

bauc

Diesel wrote:I'm a bit disappointed really, it doesn't really look like that much of a departure from last year's car. I don't foresee this winning anything.
Be reminder this is just a demo car, Zak pointed out in the interview that he is really existed to see how those few tricks will work and those obviously are not on the car yet.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

RedNEO

mclaren111 wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5bb0T7WAAAFtLs.jpg:large

Rear Wing Close-Up =D> =D>
Sexy!
Loving the orange suspension arms
Last edited by RedNEO on 24 Feb 2017, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

bauc wrote:
Diesel wrote:I'm a bit disappointed really, it doesn't really look like that much of a departure from last year's car. I don't foresee this winning anything.
Be reminder this is just a demo car, Zak pointed out in the interview that he is really existed to see how those few tricks will work and those obviously are not on the car yet.
I think the only thing that we could hope is that this is just a 2016 car dressed in 2017 clothing, and the real car hits the track next week.

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

cmF1

posts deleted

Come on guys you were doing so well. Please keep talking about the livery out of this thread. You don't need us to tell you anymore where to talk about it.
プラスとマイナス

a1b2i3r45

I wonder if the slots in the front wing pylon & the RW are gonna be like the butterfly suspension. One of those radical things that McLaren does just for the heck of it without a clear vision.

matt21

Last edited by matt21 on 24 Feb 2017, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

BosF1
BosF1

a1b2i3r45 wrote:I wonder if the slots in the front wing pylon & the RW are gonna be like the butterfly suspension. One of those radical things that McLaren does just for the heck of it without a clear vision.
Although these things seem more thought through than the butterfly suspension. And let's not forget the aero department had a lot of changes since then.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Hugely disappointed with Mclaren in every aspect.

The only interesting thing i see are the front wing pylons, and to be honest, i dont even find it really innovative
or daring at all. Rear Wing end plates has similar fashion. Sidepod inlet area looks boring and not at all special
or nifty. Floor probably is launch spec, it's just a flat plate.
everything looks absolutely basic, except the front wing. that DOES look rather interesting.

but apart from that?

total MEH
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Xero

Nice small detail on the mirrors, with a recessed design similar to Mercedes.

nokivasara
nokivasara

Manoah2u wrote:Hugely disappointed with Mclaren in every aspect.

The only interesting thing i see are the front wing pylons, and to be honest, i dont even find it really innovative
or daring at all. Rear Wing end plates has similar fashion. Sidepod inlet area looks boring and not at all special
everything looks absolutely basic, except the front wing. that DOES look rather interesting.

but apart from that?

total MEH
Come on, this is not what they'll bring to Melbourne, it's just a launch spec. You haven't even seen the floor and diffuser.

Xero

Manoah2u wrote:Hugely disappointed with Mclaren in every aspect.

but apart from that?

total MEH
See, to me it looks clean and sleek rather than boring. The front and rear wings look impressive, and the floor/diffuser that they are clearly hiding and alluding to as being pretty special. If the car had random bits and pieces hanging off it like some of the other cars I'd be worried they're overcompensating for a poor base design. Judge the car next week, I bet it will look a lot different to this.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Livery leaves me underwhelmed at the moment and I'm hoping it looks better on track. Think they should have gone orange and white but frankly what matters is the performance.

I am hoping that McLaren are now showing much of a hand today and I really believe the small details will only appear in testing and Melbourne- why would anyone want to give secrets away at this stage?

At least it's a new era and actually I thought the car looked a very nice, compact starting point with the opportunity for detail to be added in Barcelona.

Power unit shape caught my eye- impressive packaging I felt.

KingHamilton01

so much negativity surrounding the lack of innovation on the car, clear that this is a launch configuration and we will see much more on the car come monday im sure. There are some really nice pieces on the car, the rear wing endplates, front wing pylons, bargeboards are different to. Obvious that some people are comparing the amount of innovation Mercedes bring's with there car and not seeing the same amount of detail here, we all need to wait and see what hidden idea's that boullier eluded to when he said there are somethings we are hiding.
McLaren Mercedes