to tomba

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
jaslfc
jaslfc

to tomba

we been getting alot of this ppl coming to advertise their products.. maybe for new membership is there anyway to make it more difficult for this ppl to come in..

Tom

I have seen loads on the latest registered users link advertising drugs and things but in a couple of days they seem to have started posting topics much more. Is there away we can keep real fans in and spammers out? Even if someone has to check with every new user to see if they have a website offering this cr**.

[Edit:] for example the last guy was 'GalaxyMan' whos interests are fishing and aparently gambling.
Last edited by Tom on 09 May 2006, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Principessa

It's not easy for us too guys. The site is much more popular than a year ago, so we get more visitors and more forum members. Of course there are a lot of people that have to spoil it for everybody by posting spam. Tomba and I try to delete this as much as possible and Tomba also deletes members that will possibly just be spammers.

Tom

Well if you need any help my exams finish in a couple of week so I can lend a hand.

My post wasn't meant to be a critisism at you guys, this is the best F1 site by far and the spamming is well controlled, but just in the last couple of days it seems that we are getting two advertising topics a day where before we were unlucky to get one a week.
I just don't want this site to be a victim of its own success.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Principessa

I know that .... thank you! It's just that when we're at school or working for school we can't always check the site on spam. We do the best we can though!

Steven
Owner

Well, the forum software used here is phpbb.
It's open source, and they have been developing phpbb2 for more than a year now, with a beta release closing in quickly.

That forum has a possibility to report bad posts to mods and image recognition when someone want to make an account. That will greatly enhance things!

I promise you that quickly after final (because I'm tired of the spam too) I'll rework the site to include the new forum software. It's gonna take some work though, but I'll do so ;)

Just have some more patience like me 8)

jaslfc
jaslfc

sweet.. i ll ask around some of my friends in it as well.. see if they got any suggestions

zac510
zac510

More mods could ease the workload.

Steven
Owner

zac510 wrote:More mods could ease the workload.
But they make upgrading to a new version of phpbb1 a lot harder

zac510
zac510

I meant more moderators :D

Tp
Tp

HAHA When registering they should be given a question about F1 and they have to answer it correctly to be able to successfully register