2017 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 14-16

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
The_table

Re: 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 14-16

This season is getting interesting :)
Great to see a red car on top again.
Somebody really needs to put Wehrlein in a WIlliams...(And maybe stroll in the Sauber or something...)

AMG.Tzan

The_table wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 20:38
Somebody really needs to put Wehrlein in a WIlliams...(And maybe stroll in the Sauber or something...)
Totally agree here!!
Williams-Sauber...please do this swap! [-o<
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Vladimir
Vladimir

bdr529 wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 15:54
Vladimir wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 12:27
Sorry I don't know how to copy link.
I think this is the link your looking for
http://www.thisisf1.com/2017/04/16/alon ... lt-return/
Yes, thank you.

Vladimir
Vladimir

That might be even better race without safety car. Seams that impact of the interruption the pace set at start, have bad influence on this year tyres ( for some teams).
Shame because it was so nice to saw Red Bulls in pace with Sebastian and Mercs.
The weakest link of the race was Jo Palmer. Nice guy, but he is not F1 racing driver caliber.

sAx
sAx

Was a penalty...wasn't a penalty not really the issue, Stewards inconsistency is! The HULK slowing dangerously on racing line ignored...SAINZ bashing STROLL!!! Did that really need to be decided in post race meeting ??
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

iotar__

- At no point was there a danger of Hamilton challenging Vettel but it's easier to pretend that that was the purpose of team orders.

- Hamilton wasn't racing anyone the whole race. Merc put Bottas behind Vettel and then Ham in front through team orders twice, bad stop and strategy gifting him position.

- guess why Rosberg is out of F1 and why Bottas is waiting for extension, you're watching fixed season where half of the drivers shouldn't be in F1 or in the cars they have. Waste of time.

- if I ever hear 'let them race" from Hamilton or anyone of his supporters I will call them lying hypocrites.

sprint car76
sprint car76

Bad penalty, and not just because it was hamilton. There were no cars behind ric so no one else was affected. If hamilton had come out of the pits in from of ric than i could understand the penalty. I would argue the same way if it was anyone else, just a bad penalty call. Ferrari definatly beat merc on strategy this race, left ham out to long. Should be an interesting year.

SiLo

Still hard to tell genuine pace, because Hamilton was on a different strategy to Vettel pretty early on.

Bottas needs to think of races more than qualifying otherwise he is just going to get in the way of Mercedes taking the WDC and WCC.
Felipe Baby!

f1316
f1316

SiLo wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 21:33
Still hard to tell genuine pace, because Hamilton was on a different strategy to Vettel pretty early on.

Bottas needs to think of races more than qualifying otherwise he is just going to get in the way of Mercedes taking the WDC and WCC.
Not if Kimi is consistently so far away!

Then does the typical Kimi thing of going much faster than he has been right at the end...

santos
santos

What an amazing race... I was shaking my feet for the last 10 laps. Good strategy from Ferrari. It will be a nice batle with Mercedes, and Red Bull. Red Bull showed some progress, at least in the first part of the race.
Wehrlein could go to Ferrari, and Kimi to Williams. The performance of Kimi this season is becoming a problem to Ferrari. Vettel will have to fight two Mercedes and (probably in Spain) two Red Bulls.
Could someone please give an engine to Alonso? The man is really giving 100% of his skills. And the Mclaren really have a nice chassis, They need power... and not "Power of Dreams", they really need horse power.

Schuttelberg

If Red Bull can get within 2 tenth of Mercedes and Ferrari come Europe, their driver line up will start making inroads into the WCC. I don't see Raikkonen and Bottas good enough to dance with Ricciardo and Verstappen consistently!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Unc1eM0nty

iotar__ wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 21:24
- At no point was there a danger of Hamilton challenging Vettel but it's easier to pretend that that was the purpose of team orders.

- Hamilton wasn't racing anyone the whole race. Merc put Bottas behind Vettel and then Ham in front through team orders twice, bad stop and strategy gifting him position.

- guess why Rosberg is out of F1 and why Bottas is waiting for extension, you're watching fixed season where half of the drivers shouldn't be in F1 or in the cars they have. Waste of time.

- if I ever hear 'let them race" from Hamilton or anyone of his supporters I will call them lying hypocrites.
Surely you have to admit that Bottas had "NO" pace today, letting Lewis sit behind Bottas for the whole race achieves what exactly ?

Mercedes want to win, Period !, they really don't care which driver wins, I know you don't believe this, you think it's all a conspiracy don't you.

At least this way we got to see a chase, not just Seb disappearing into the distance, or, is this what you'd rather see ?

The_table

What happened to Max? KERS issue or just a mistake?

Schuttelberg

The_table wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 21:48
Brake failure.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

The_table

Schuttelberg wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 21:53
The_table wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 21:48
Brake failure.
Ah thanks