Fittipaldi EF7 GTR

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
ChrisDanger

Fittipaldi EF7 GTR

As the name suggests, this is the realisation of a dream for Emerson Fittipaldi. Designed and built in collaboration with Hans Werner Aufrecht (a founder of AMG and head of the Mercedes DTM factory team) with aesthetics by Pininfarina.

A bit of blurb from the website...

CARBON FIBER BODY & MONOCOQUE
The solid carbon fiber body and monocoque protect the driver and makes the EF7 GTR both strong (exceeding FIA standards) and lightweight (around 1000 kg). Speed into straightaways and take every corner with total confidence.

600HP V8 ENGINE
The naturally aspirated V8 produces over 600hp that can be drawn upon almost instantly at the driver’s whim. The one-of-a-kind engine and gearbox are purposely positioned low, creating a unique center of gravity along with exceptional handling.

EASY TO OPERATE
Ultimately it’s all about the fun factor. Fittipaldi’s vision was to design a car where owner-drivers can simply turn the key and go racing. Bring your race car and leave the large pit crew at home. Owner-drivers can expect greater reliability and lower maintenance cost, which means more time spent on the track.

FIERCE DESIGN
The flowing, aggressive lines of the Pininfarina-designed chassis create a commanding and assertive silhouette, and yet the car still feels pure and beautiful.

Some renders from a Gran Turismo (PlayStation) crossover release.

Interview with Fittipaldi mostly about the car.

DiogoBrand

Re: Fittipaldi EF7 GTR

Looks quite good, wish it was a road car.

Don't really get the point, though. I hope this isn't as "successful" as his F1 team, especially since AFAIK he's already bankrupt.

ChrisDanger

DiogoBrand wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 06:15
I don't mind if rich arabs don't joyride these on public roads. It would be much more awesome to see them join some major GT racing series.

I'm not sure what diets GT cars go on when they're converted for racing, but this thing only weighs around 1000 kg. My main gripe with sports cars generally is that they're so stupidly heavy. So that alone makes this car quite exciting.

DiogoBrand

ChrisDanger wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 07:01
DiogoBrand wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 06:15
I don't mind if rich arabs don't joyride these on public roads. It would be much more awesome to see them join some major GT racing series.

I'm not sure what diets GT cars go on when they're converted for racing, but this thing only weighs around 1000 kg. My main gripe with sports cars generally is that they're so stupidly heavy. So that alone makes this car quite exciting.
I do agree with that, if the car is homologated on let's say GT3 it would be nicer to see it at a racing championship than at the road. I just don't think it's that easy to see it happen.

ChrisDanger

DiogoBrand wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 15:23
I do agree with that, if the car is homologated on let's say GT3 it would be nicer to see it at a racing championship than at the road. I just don't think it's that easy to see it happen.
In the video I posted (at 6m49s) Emerson does talk about wanting to enter some stateside endurance races, homologating the car to race within the next 2 years. If a 70-year-old who just produced his own car says he wants to do something then I'd like to think he's going to make it happen. I mean, it's no guarantee, but at least it's not too far-fetched.

DiogoBrand

ChrisDanger wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 16:56
DiogoBrand wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 15:23
In the video I posted (at 6m49s) Emerson does talk about wanting to enter some stateside endurance races, homologating the car to race within the next 2 years. If a 70-year-old who just produced his own car says he wants to do something then I'd like to think he's going to make it happen. I mean, it's no guarantee, but at least it's not too far-fetched.
That's not the difficult part. What I don't see happening is independent teams running it on a few championships. I mean, it's not like we see a lot of Glickenhaus GT3s running around, is probably a lot easier and safer for teams to run cars from big brands like Audi and Mercedes.

ChrisDanger

DiogoBrand wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 19:40
That's not the difficult part. What I don't see happening is independent teams running it on a few championships. I mean, it's not like we see a lot of Glickenhaus GT3s running around, is probably a lot easier and safer for teams to run cars from big brands like Audi and Mercedes.
Ah, I see what you mean. It might be quite unlikely then. Oh well.