2017 Malaysia Grand Prix - Sepang, 29 September-01 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
siskue2005

Re: 2017 Malaysia Grand Prix - Sepang, 29 September-01 October

sosic2121 wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 21:06
Restomaniac wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 17:22
sosic2121 wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 17:20

Are we going to have those stupid comments again?
If if transpires that Vet needs a gearbox and gets it for free (which is what we are talking about) then those 'stupid comments' would be totally justified. Otherwise it's just hypothetical anyway.
And why shouldn't he get free gearbox?
If he's guilty for crash, he should be punished for that. But, if he had a crash, why shouldn't he get new box.

Leniency towards Ferrari? Have to wonder when that happened...
I am reading these "free gearbox should be given to Vettel" stuff everywhere in other forums and tifosi groups from Ferrari fans. Really guys, i have lost all respect towards tifosi and Vettel fans afterwards.
I remember few years back someone's gearbox damaged during a transport and they still had to change it.

GPR-A duplicate2

siskue2005 wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 05:54
sosic2121 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 17:22
If if transpires that Vet needs a gearbox and gets it for free (which is what we are talking about) then those 'stupid comments' would be totally justified. Otherwise it's just hypothetical anyway.
If he's guilty for crash, he should be punished for that. But, if he had a crash, why shouldn't he get new box.

I am reading these "free gearbox should be given to Vettel" stuff everywhere in other forums and tifosi groups from Ferrari fans. Really guys, i have lost all respect towards tifosi and Vettel fans afterwards.
I remember few years back someone's gearbox damaged during a transport and they still had to change it.
Yeah right. Why not? With the Ferrari and Vettel fans' stupid demands, the FIA should alter the rules to also provide points in a race, when a driver gets knocked out by another driver, where guess what, the driver who got knocked off "was not guilty". Rubbish.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

GPR-A wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 07:30
siskue2005 wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 05:54
sosic2121 wrote:

Yeah right. Why not? With the Ferrari and Vettel fans' stupid demands, the FIA should alter the rules to also provide points in a race, when a driver gets knocked out by another driver, where guess what, the driver who got knocked off "was not guilty". Rubbish.
Yep they could also introduce the 'red mist award' which is worth 50 extra points. To be handed out when 'they feel like it' for unsportsmanlike behaviour such as playing bumper cars when you wrongly imagine a brake test.

You want to know the worst of it? They (including Vettel) were talking like it was a possibility on Sunday.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Looks bad for Stroll until one notices that the camera gets closer to Stroll with each picture. Thus the gap to the kerb appears to get big quickly. It's a case of changing perspective making the gap increase look bigger than it really is.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Vanja #66

Not in relative terms, no, note the relative distance to the left edge of the track. Yes, there is distortion due to camera lens, though not enough to add a full car's width all of a sudden. On the other hand, Seb's car takes a constant radius relative to the corner. Definitely Seb's fault for being in vicinity of dangerous drivers...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

dans79 wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 19:47
I think Bottas let slip what Merc's problem was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp_B8VN3wB0
missing pace and sliding around the more the quicker I try to go the more I overheat the tires and the more I slide and that's the more I struggle
Merc has had an issue in high temperatures all year, and when they switched to the softs (less thermally sensitive), the gap between Max and Lewis stabilized. Personally I don't think they have fully recovered from the suspension rule changes during testing.
Vettel moaning that Bottas blocked him. What did he expect?

Hamilton not happy with the car and "operational" issues. Think they were 8/10s slower than Ferrari. Really? Just "tired and emotional" or is it a real issue?

If either win next week, they will be shouting how great the car/team/spectators are. Nothing changes, it seems.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Starscreamer

Yes finnaly we saw the potential of Verstappen. :D
Deserve win =D> =D> =D>

#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 07:46
Not in relative terms, no, note the relative distance to the left edge of the track. Yes, there is distortion due to camera lens, though not enough to add a full car's width all of a sudden. On the other hand, Seb's car takes a constant radius relative to the corner. Definitely Seb's fault for being in vicinity of dangerous drivers...
So then tell me how does he do pick up on that constant radius relative to the corner bearing in mind that the marbles over on the right?

You know seeing as Vet stated that he was doing that.

siskue2005

Starscreamer wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 08:00
Deserve win =D> =D> =D>

https://cdn-9.motorsport.com/images/amp ... 743121.jpg
Yes his wins against the Mercs have been purely on pace and on a straight fight, unlike other victories his first victory and by Ricc in the turbo era against mercs, there was always something going wrong with the Mercs when he won

siskue2005

Just_a_fan wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 07:52
dans79 wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 19:47
I think Bottas let slip what Merc's problem was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp_B8VN3wB0
missing pace and sliding around the more the quicker I try to go the more I overheat the tires and the more I slide and that's the more I struggle
Merc has had an issue in high temperatures all year, and when they switched to the softs (less thermally sensitive), the gap between Max and Lewis stabilized. Personally I don't think they have fully recovered from the suspension rule changes during testing.
Vettel moaning that Bottas blocked him. What did he expect?
Did he expect Bottas and Alonso to move over like the Renault, Sauber and force India cars? Or like Perez in Canada? All the drivers who moved over are surely buttering up for a Ferrari seat in 2019 :lol:

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

siskue2005 wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 08:26
Starscreamer wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 08:00
Deserve win =D> =D> =D>

https://cdn-9.motorsport.com/images/amp ... 743121.jpg
Yes his wins against the Mercs have been purely on pace and on a straight fight, unlike other victories his first victory and by Ricc in the turbo era against mercs, there was always something going wrong with the Mercs when he won
Indeed. He saw an opportunity and rightly is good enough to take it and afterwards was obviously cruising. He clearly has the talent to be a multiple WDC he just needs to calm down at times (the signs are there that he is).

He is clearly smart. Look at his comments about Singapore 'Vettel needs to be smarter as he is fighting for a WDC' and 'I knew Hamilton wouldn't fight to much and he was De-rated'.

Phil

Restomaniac wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 08:23
Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 07:46
So then tell me how does he do pick up on that constant radius relative to the corner bearing in mind that the marbles over on the right?

You know seeing as Vet stated that he was doing that.
You guys are all ignoring the interviews.

1. Stroll was in the process of picking up rubber

2. Stroll was looking in his left side-mirror and attempting to let Grosjean through (the car whos onbord footage is being used to show what happened)

3. The logical conclusion is Stroll did not see Vettel who was driving much quicker coming by at the right and clipped him in the process.

Just unfortunate set of circumstances. One could say Vettel should have been a bit more careful when driving by other cars at high speed. One could also say that Stroll should (could?) have seen him if he checked both mirrors. Fact is, it just happened too fast as many things came together at the same time.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

GPR-A duplicate2

Phil wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 09:08
Fact is, it just happened too fast as many things came together at the same time.
And somehow, Vettel has this great knack of being in places where many things come together. :)

Juzh

Phil wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 09:08
One could say Vettel should have been a bit more careful when driving by other cars at high speed.
No, one couldn't. Stroll was going piss slow, and the speeds were not "high" at all. Stroll should have checked his mirrors when deciding to just veer across the track, it's not vettel's job to do it for him. He was giving him plenty of space.

Vladimir
Vladimir

Shame for Scuderia, because of the bad luck . Mercedes will play safe game to the end of season I think.
Comments from Max and Red Bull are disgraceful. They won and still are disrespectful for PU they have.
I hope, Mclaren and Renault will shut them mouth next year.