2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MtthsMlw

Re: 2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

FrukostScones wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 12:52
MtthsMlw wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 22:30
De Jokke wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 22:16
Can Merc use new engines and gearboxes as they both dnf'ed?
Only gearboxes. Ofc the could use a new engine within the 3 engine limit but that wouldn't make sense. I don't think one of the PUs is damaged btw.
maybe Bottas PU is damaged....

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... s-problem/
It says that the engine ran too hot in the last kilometers before he stopped.

siskue2005

saviour stivala wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 09:42
siskue2005 wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:52
TheFluffy wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 17:04
Additional radio I found on the internet. This was said after the race on the radio by Lewis.

"I don't know how many are listening in Brixworth and Brackley, but I cannot remember when I last had a DNF. This team has had the best reliability over the last years, this team has had by far the best car and is by far the best team I have driven for. We need to recover from this but I am in no doubt that we'll come back strong."
and people say Lewis threw a temper tantrum :?
It was fu&k up by the team, but he just questioned and carried on.....and this message is proof that they are all working together and have great harmony
yes working together and have great harmony, that is until something goes wrong again. if something goes wrong again chances are that somebody will be thrown under the bus by their driver, it will not be the first time and neither the last.
maybe at ferrari, i have never seen any other team do it just to make them feel good....and no where i have seen the driver having such influence

MtthsMlw

siskue2005

oh no...that would also mean he will not get a new updates which they might have planned for spec 3

giantfan10
giantfan10

siskue2005 wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 18:48
oh no...that would also mean he will not get a new updates which they might have planned for spec 3
He more than likely will take all the updates and a fresh engine when the time comes after race 14 or so.
He will also take an Engine penalty.
Engine 2 has only run one race.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Just wait for a bad Q to place the new unit and take the penalties, even starting from the back, p6 would always be possible.

adrianjordan

Sierra117 wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 09:34
FrukostScones wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 09:17
Phil wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 09:12
Loss of fuel pressure. Hydraulic pressure for Valtteri. Both non-PU related.
and with what means is such pressure generated?
Pumps. Something failed in the hydraulic pumps/motors. So far no reports about any sort of failure in the engine itself. It's all sealed anyway so the only way to know 100% is after running the engines in FPs.
Another example of stupid rules for "cost reduction" that just hamper the competition in the sport.

Why not allow teams to open up their PU for inspection between races under the supervision of an FIA delegate to ensure nothing untoward occurs. Then allow damaged parts to be replaced with new parts of the same spec.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jolle
Jolle

adrianjordan wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 22:34
Sierra117 wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 09:34
FrukostScones wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 09:17

and with what means is such pressure generated?
Pumps. Something failed in the hydraulic pumps/motors. So far no reports about any sort of failure in the engine itself. It's all sealed anyway so the only way to know 100% is after running the engines in FPs.
Another example of stupid rules for "cost reduction" that just hamper the competition in the sport.

Why not allow teams to open up their PU for inspection between races under the supervision of an FIA delegate to ensure nothing untoward occurs. Then allow damaged parts to be replaced with new parts of the same spec.
Then all the parts would be designed that they would need to be replaced every race....

It's a rule made by the FIA with the teams, not against them.

zibby43
zibby43

Mercedes plans on running the #2 PU on Friday in Silverstone and on Friday in Germany.

Although PU #3 will be used for Q and R in Silverstone, if the #2 PU looks fine after practice sessions in both Silverstone and Germany, then it is likely that Bottas will continue to use it (i.e., #2) throughout the remainder of the season, as needed.

TAG

There's team PR and then there's team heart warming stuff that they can use for PR. This was fantastic to see as part of Mercedes giving back to the Silverstone volunteer marshalls.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Sierra117

TAG wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 22:31
https://www.facebook.com/MercedesAMGF1/ ... 814642411/

There's team PR and then there's team heart warming stuff that they can use for PR. This was fantastic to see as part of Mercedes giving back to the Silverstone volunteer marshalls.
And yet you find comments everywhere like "Lewis does annoying things off track ... ". I'm absolutely baffled by this.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

I believe the phrase "haters gonna hate" applies.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Schuttelberg

Toto Wolff is feeling the heat. This is the first time he's under proper pressure from a rival team and he's thrown two of his employees under the bus in two weeks!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

zibby43
zibby43

Schuttelberg wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 21:39
Toto Wolff is feeling the heat. This is the first time he's under proper pressure from a rival team and he's thrown two of his employees under the bus in two weeks!
Who has he thrown under the bus this week? While I'm at it, who did he throw under the bus last week?

If you're going to say James Allison this week, I don't interpret it that way at all. Toto was in agreement with him. Toto was quoting him to echo his sentiment. I'm sure James would have rather not has name used in that context, however.

For question 2 (last week), if you're going to say James Vowles, I disagree with that as well. James stepped up on his own for those radio messages.

zibby43
zibby43

Who wants to step up and say why they negatively rated my post for a difference of opinion and asking a question?

That's not how that button should work on this site. I haven't been here long, but I have never "downvoted" someone - period. Let alone for trying to have a discussion.

Last chance before I report to staff.