2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
IamLegend
IamLegend

Re: 2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

TzeiTzei wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 18:25
Ron Dennis and Eddie Jordan?

Eddie Jordan?? - "Had Jordan greater resources he might have been able to hang on to enjoy Ecclestone's largesse. But the escalating costs of participation coupled with falling sponsorship revenues over the past few years forced his retreat. Since last September he had been dipping into his own pockets to keep the organisation afloat."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/colum ... -team.html

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2005/ ... ulaone2005
Last edited by IamLegend on 26 Jul 2018, 02:53, edited 2 times in total.

IamLegend
IamLegend

adrianjordan wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 22:53
And Red Bull Racing isn't doing too badly either....I know he hasn't sold it, but I am sure I read that DM isn't actually spending much (if any) of his own money on the team.
If you know the budget of Red Bull F1, you'll know it's not a privateer team. It's owned by the brand and DM co-owns the Red Bull brand along with the Yoovidhya family.

multisync
multisync

IamLegend wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 02:47
TzeiTzei wrote:

Eddie Jordan?? - "Had Jordan greater resources he might have been able to hang on to enjoy Ecclestone's largesse. But the escalating costs of participation coupled with falling sponsorship revenues over the past few years forced his retreat. Since last September he had been dipping into his own pockets to keep the organisation afloat."

Here's a true story about EJ. One of his workers was sitting in the staff canteen reading the times UK rich list, in wanders EJ..
"Hey Eddie, it says' here you're worth 26m."
EJ, looking over mateys shoulder replied " Fooking bollox, I'm worth a fooking lot more than that"

EJ came in as a poor man and left the sport as a very rich man. Ron Dennis, Frank Williams and others got very wealthy from F1. Teams go bust in f1 owners rarely do..

Sevach
Sevach

https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/27/gp3 ... f1-buy-in/

New rumour/prospective buyer, Mazepin sr.

If the name sounds familiar it's probably because of his son, a GP3 driver.

Big Tea

To think I was nervous to ask my dad for a bike fro Christmas
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Team in Administration.

Sergio Perez took team to court for $4m of unpaid wages.

Team owe Damler/Mercedes AMG $9.5m with all BWT money invested as a loan.

Team is a mess.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/27/per ... r-4m-debt/

https://twitter.com/joesaward/status/10 ... 4774325250

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Done some digging.

Seems Perez, BWT, Mercedes and Stroll Sr have done a job on the team. Mercedes, eager to get a B Team have teamed up with BWT and Perez to wind the team up and wrestle team away from Malya and Sahara for a knocked down sum. Stroll Sr has offered a significant wedge to the court to buy the team out from its owners and buy Lance a decent drive. Liberty are not innocent as well as they have withheld the last two months of payments to Force India to get a sale done as well, this is $7.2m for the last two months.

Do i blame all the interested parties? I do not, Mercedes have seen how good Haas has been for Ferrari and how good Sauber are also becoming. They need a disruptive force in the mid pack to keep Haas and Sauber out of the points, and also a team to develop younger guys. BWT have seen the team go backward this year, so i suspect they want to see their brand in the top ten regularly. Perez is wanting a car that can compete, and he has seen the rise and rise of the stock of Magnussen and Le Clerc this year and is wanting to be up there with both of them. As for Stroll, he is wanting his boy in a top capable 10 car, Williams is not this at the moment. And i secretly think this will also be used for Mercedes to loan out Ocon to Renault for the next two years, a roll Ocon will be happy to take and Renault will also accept and will properly sever the links to Red Bull. And Liberty have been eager to get the Indian pair out of the sport, as they have been bad news and this will also be a means to an end there.

I personally think its good for F1. As long as we don't have a Ericsson situation where a driver is being kept in place in a team when he is seat blocking. Im giving Stroll a few years before this happens, as Markus needs to clear off as he is not that great and giving the seat to a Giovinazzi would be better for the team and F1. Next problem for F1 to solve would be Williams.

This is a mess, but i will say this now, Renault will want a B Team and I suspect there could be another new privateer one too, bringing the grid to 24 in 2021.

marmer
marmer

Could be very different grid come Belgium.

If stroll gets his hands on the team no reason to keep Lance at Williams.

Ocon to Renault to make way.
Hartley out of Toro rosso for Carlos
Kubica in at Williams.

The reason I suggest Robert is he knows the car and I don't think anyone else would give them a driver while the car is so poor

ScrewCaptain27

This is a good decision for the future of the team IMO, if done right. There are too many interests to let it close down altogether. Team should be safe, we just need to wait and see who the buyer actually is.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

It seems to be that the option being looked at is this:

* Force India Grand Prix to be separated off, meaning Malya and Sahara are saddled with a massive £156m of total debt to one figure ive seen.
* A new company to be formed, taking assets, entry and staff from Force India Grand Prix for a sum of £60m
* New company to be jointly owned by BWT and Lawrence Stroll
* Mercedes to get Ocon and place him at Renault for Spa at the earliest or for next year
* Stroll to be drafted into Force India at earliest opportunity, possibly Spa, all depending on how they can extradite him from Williams.
* Perez to stay at the team, giving Stroll a driver that has experience and someone that can set the car up.
* Liberty will release the withheld payments as soon as all this happens, this stands at $14.4m so far, rising by $7.2m every month.

This will start a driver merry-go-round, Ocon, Sainz and Hartley will be all involved at the moment, but may be more depending on the McLaren/Toro Rosso/Vandoorne/Norris/Key situation shakes out, and also how the Haas/Grosjean/Le Clerc/Sauber situation looks. Theres many many plates spinning at the moment. Its trying to see how all the sub plots come along.

Manjhi
Manjhi

ESPImperium wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 00:24
Done some digging.

Seems Perez, BWT, Mercedes and Stroll Sr have done a job on the team. Mercedes, eager to get a B Team have teamed up with BWT and Perez to wind the team up and wrestle team away from Malya and Sahara for a knocked down sum. Stroll Sr has offered a significant wedge to the court to buy the team out from its owners and buy Lance a decent drive. Liberty are not innocent as well as they have withheld the last two months of payments to Force India to get a sale done as well, this is $7.2m for the last two months.

Do i blame all the interested parties? I do not, Mercedes have seen how good Haas has been for Ferrari and how good Sauber are also becoming. They need a disruptive force in the mid pack to keep Haas and Sauber out of the points, and also a team to develop younger guys. BWT have seen the team go backward this year, so i suspect they want to see their brand in the top ten regularly. Perez is wanting a car that can compete, and he has seen the rise and rise of the stock of Magnussen and Le Clerc this year and is wanting to be up there with both of them. As for Stroll, he is wanting his boy in a top capable 10 car, Williams is not this at the moment. And i secretly think this will also be used for Mercedes to loan out Ocon to Renault for the next two years, a roll Ocon will be happy to take and Renault will also accept and will properly sever the links to Red Bull. And Liberty have been eager to get the Indian pair out of the sport, as they have been bad news and this will also be a means to an end there.

I personally think its good for F1. As long as we don't have a Ericsson situation where a driver is being kept in place in a team when he is seat blocking. Im giving Stroll a few years before this happens, as Markus needs to clear off as he is not that great and giving the seat to a Giovinazzi would be better for the team and F1. Next problem for F1 to solve would be Williams.

This is a mess, but i will say this now, Renault will want a B Team and I suspect there could be another new privateer one too, bringing the grid to 24 in 2021.
The issue with Perez is little different, as the party which sued SFI is the company which sponsors Checo and they once said that they waited for 1 years for their dues which is Salary + other compensation.
As far as BWT is concerned, I never knew that it was on loan. I mean they gave SFI loan to get the whole car pink and lose half of its identity ? BWT is definitely looking to buy into the team and probably thinks they have much better chance of owning it, because before this deal I never knew there is such company.

So all this talks about ganging up against SFI looks true here. I think some people in F1 didn't want to see some outsider/privateer as owner who would play against the will of big three teams and Liberty group, they knew SFI+Sauber are opposing the revenue sharing model and would affect the sport going further.

Next in the line could be Sauber or may be Williams.

One thing is confirmed, Sahara Force India will be sold very soon. And I don't like this idea at all.

Caterham then Marussia and now Force India, Turbo charge era is killing many independent teams. :evil:

IamLegend
IamLegend

multisync wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 18:18
IamLegend wrote:
TzeiTzei wrote:

Here's a true story about EJ. One of his workers was sitting in the staff canteen reading the times UK rich list, in wanders EJ..
EJ, looking over mateys shoulder replied " Fooking bollox, I'm worth a fooking lot more than that"

EJ came in as a poor man and left the sport as a very rich man. Ron Dennis, Frank Williams and others got very wealthy from F1. Teams go bust in f1 owners rarely do..

You left out Enzo Ferrari and a few other dinosaurs. How about F1 owners from the past decade? Tony Fernandez, Richard Branson and the lot.

multisync
multisync

IamLegend wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 02:08
multisync wrote:
IamLegend wrote:

You left out Enzo Ferrari and a few other dinosaurs. How about F1 owners from the past decade? Tony Fernandez, Richard Branson and the lot.
You're making even less sense than before.. I'll leave you to being the leg end you are..

IamLegend
IamLegend

:mrgreen:
multisync wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 00:18
IamLegend wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 02:08
multisync wrote:

You're making even less sense than before.. I'll leave you to being the leg end you are..

You aren't worth my time either Mr.Charlathan Octagenarian who can only recollect "facts" from >30 odd years ago.
Last edited by IamLegend on 30 Jul 2018, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.