Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NathanOlder

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

apexcontrol wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 23:46

Tell me one good thing what ric has going for beside being a cool guy ?
Daniel has never lost to his team mate at Red Bull. And Red Bull have/had some of the very best drivers in the world.

And he is the best overtaker on the grid
Last edited by NathanOlder on 03 Aug 2018, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

AJI
AJI

RIC moving is best for all concerned.
He gets clear #1 status and so does VES.
So, who gets promoted. I'm guessing Gasly.

NathanOlder

AJI wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 23:56
Yeah makes sense. He's performed well this year. Sainz going there is bad news. Ricciardo getting out of that toxic mess is all good for him.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

It seems i am lost for words , i will agree with you ric has beaten ver. And is now of to his next step upwards in his young career.

NathanOlder

Thankyou. And maybe now Max can beat his team mate again, now Danny is leaving. Good day to you sir.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

AJI wrote:
There wasnt any choice left redbull wil not pay ric as much as max ric will never be the number one driver while paired with max

Vettel=fer
Hami=merc
Max=rb

Well next best thing and more then sec off pace is renault.....and where did ric go....

Ric=renault
Ric is a number one driver but not with the best teams it seems

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

holeindalip wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 23:38
max is no where near ready for a championship season, checkers or wreckers for him but ric.... he is more than ready to put up a challenge for a title, so even if honda redbull are contenders next year they wont win. but if renault come out and have a challenger who looks like a fool now??

Well what are the chances Renault beating top 3. They are more the a sec off. there not reliable they dont have enough funds.

You rly think without pulling a brawn gp
There is any chance of them winning anything .you know there need to be 6cars dnf for ric wins his waiting game

AJI
AJI

apexcontrol wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 00:06
AJI wrote:
There wasnt any choice left redbull wil not pay ric as much as max ric will never be the number one driver while paired with max

Vettel=fer
Hami=merc
Max=rb

Well next best thing and more then sec off pace is renault.....and where did ric go....

Ric=renault
Ric is a number one driver but not with the best teams it seems
Where else was he supposed to go?

This is going to work out just fine for everyone, except Sainz, who will probably end up at STR or Williams...

ScottB
ScottB

Schuttelberg wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 21:22
One young driver is really going to lose out in this game of musical chairs.
Russell, quite possibly.

If we assume Ocon to Renault was a goer, and there was certainly enough noise about it, the resultant moves seemed to have been Stroll to FI then Russell to Williams.

Now we have Stroll still likely to move, if his Dad has been paying bills there, leaving Ocon free, Merc would presumably put him into the Williams, leaving nowhere for Russell to go, unless they can ditch Sirotkin and go full Merc junior team.

djos

It's entirely possible that the loss of outwash front wings next year provides a reset and allows Renault to catch up on the aero department.

It seems this loss will bring everyone back to low rake designs.
"In downforce we trust"

holeindalip
holeindalip

apexcontrol wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 00:17
holeindalip wrote:
max is no where near ready for a championship season, checkers or wreckers for him but ric.... he is more than ready to put up a challenge for a title, so even if honda redbull are contenders next year they wont win. but if renault come out and have a challenger who looks like a fool now??

Well what are the chances Renault beating top 3. They are more the a sec off. there not reliable they dont have enough funds.

There is any chance of them winning anything .you know there need to be 6cars dnf for ric wins his waiting game

i agree, but renault has been improving alot and some regulation changes incoming and i hope you dont think i was calling you the fool... more so red bull for letting a driver of serious magnitude walk . :D

ric keeps his nose clean and is very consistent week in and week out and looking at baku race if max was for the team and winning the constructors trophy he would've just let ric right on by but he had to prove a point and they ended up clashing. and all of his other little baffles hes had this year, thats why i said he needs to mature alot if he is to win drivers or constructors trophy.

hamilton was very similar in his younger days but hes matured alot and instead of just going for it or try to get every last bit out of the car hes very patient now and knows when to take the risks and when not too, very consistent,patient and thats why hes won 4 titles over 3 different regulation changes/cars

AJI
AJI

Under the tutelage of le professeur, and Hulk as a battering ram, Ric for the title in 2019!

Okay, maybe 2020...

r101
r101

apexcontrol wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 00:17
holeindalip wrote:

I for one think they could pull a Budkowski.. Even Wazari confirmed that guy knows all engines (and cars) from start of this year inside and out.

Edax
Edax

holeindalip wrote:
It is subjective I know, but I don’t see a real championship contender in Ricciardo.

He accurate on the overtake. He is also consistent, makes very little mistakes. But on the other hand he is also consistently slower than VES both in Q as in the race. He is also pretty much average in the wet. He is also not that great in tire management. And while VES is very good I don’t rank him as the miracle that some do. There are more that are as fast.

So For me Ric is more like a Button, Massa, Coultard or Webber. He can be champion if the circumstances are right. But with the current quality of the field I think the chances are slim. I mean the top 3 have 9 WDC’s between them. Unless renault leapfrogs Ferrari and Merc with margin there is little chance.

That is not to say that he is not an asset for Renault. I think they need someone to maximise the chances they get, and in that Ricciardo is one of the best.

PlatinumZealot

apexcontrol wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:09
ringo wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:04
Lol at sideways braking, but point taken. All that late braking in dirty air will not be possible with a non redbull car.

I was wondering... what if Verstappen's and Horner's rants soured renault's relationship to the point they saw no value in retaining Sainz a redbull driver. Renault just threw the toys out along with Sainz. I don't think Sainz performance against hulk decided if he stayed or went. His dropping may well be for the deteriorated relationship with redbull.
Why sustain a driver for redbull when you can take their best driver from them and make him your driver full time?
Also they are left to their own devices having to balance Sainz and Max for a second time, and something tells me Max will still lose to Sainz over a year.
ofcourse verstappen will not loose not in a million year, just for the sake of that i hope they put him next to him
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formule_1_in_2015

max was then alrdy faster and sainz was/is 3 years older, ofcoure max will win he will win easy

Max Verstappen 9-3 Daniel Ricciardo
Nico Hülkenberg 7-5 Carlos Sainz
Real age has nothing to do with "F1 racing age." They are the same age in F1 years.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏