2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
nevill3

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

The protest is about something on the leading edge of the Haas floor according to Charlie Whiting
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

GrandAxe wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:18
apexcontrol wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:55
NathanOlder wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:40

I love reading your comments. Are all the Hamilton haters as angry and sad right now?

Dude just calm it a bit. Merc now using Ferrari tactics make it an even fight now. This season is a classic already.
no i love it because its good he gets exposed. because the world needs to know that with out help hami will win nothing
Really? You are fighting a lost cause, and not looking good.
ofcourse not the time of vettel and hamliton is coming to an end coming years, and ill glady well remember anyone including the wikipage.....why they are not in the same world as true champions.

it just has to be said. i know ppl dont like it but there no other way
in time you will see that this era is the era of worst champions of all time

Andres125sx

Restomaniac wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:51
Andres125sx wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:46
Gothrek wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 15:32
Lol, no penalty for Hamilton, lets crash your closest competitor...

Interesting tactics & tricks Mercedes
Most ridiculous comment yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously you´ve never raced yourself at any motorsport, if you want to crash your competitor, you´d do it from the inside, never from the outside :roll:

It was a risky, brave, and precise mover from Hamilton to take the lead (with Kimi in front, but you get what I mean). Vettel on the other hand tried to stop him when it was way too late, went too long (as if he´d be taking the corner with no cars around), and collided with Lewis

Vettel fault 100%. Normally he´d have caused Lewis to spin, wich IMHO is the reason he didn´t care about going too long and causing the contact, but rarely this time it was the car in the inside wich spun, I guess because the contact point on the Mercedes was centered, while the contacto point on the Ferrari was the front wheel, causing an unbalance on the red car wich made him spun

One more mistake for Vettel, I´m sure even if the will never admit it, a lot of Ferrari staff are missing Alonso right now
I think it’s more to do with that pair of corners. They are that close together and where the cars were that corner 4’s outside becomes corner 5’s inside. Hamilton was exactly between the 2 corners on contact so was probably already turning into turn 5.
Agree, probably Lewis was with the wheel centered (on in the transition from left to right) so the car was more planted, while Seb was understeering so he was still trying to turn left, so when the contact ocurred, his car went from understeer to oversteer sudenly, causing the spin, and Hamilton car was more planted and the centered hit wasn´t a problem

Anycase I´m not sure if I´m getting what you´re trying to say here :?:

TAG

apexcontrol wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:34
ofcourse not the time of vettel and hamliton is coming to an end coming years, and ill glady well remember anyone including the wikipage.....why they are not in the same world as true champions.
Speaking of the Wiki page, Hamilton ties Schumacher for most wins at Monza. Schumacher and Hamilton's names together on the Wiki page happens a lot.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

Andres125sx wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:36
Restomaniac wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Obviously you´ve never raced yourself at any motorsport, if you want to crash your competitor, you´d do it from the inside, never from the outside :roll:

It was a risky, brave, and precise mover from Hamilton to take the lead (with Kimi in front, but you get what I mean). Vettel on the other hand tried to stop him when it was way too late, went too long (as if he´d be taking the corner with no cars around), and collided with Lewis

Vettel fault 100%. Normally he´d have caused Lewis to spin, wich IMHO is the reason he didn´t care about going too long and causing the contact, but rarely this time it was the car in the inside wich spun, I guess because the contact point on the Mercedes was centered, while the contacto point on the Ferrari was the front wheel, causing an unbalance on the red car wich made him spun

One more mistake for Vettel, I´m sure even if the will never admit it, a lot of Ferrari staff are missing Alonso right now
I think it’s more to do with that pair of corners. They are that close together and where the cars were that corner 4’s outside becomes corner 5’s inside. Hamilton was exactly between the 2 corners on contact so was probably already turning into turn 5.
Agree, probably Lewis was with the wheel centered (on in the transition from left to right) so the car was more planted, while Seb was understeering so he was still trying to turn left, so when the contact ocurred, his car went from understeer to oversteer sudenly, causing the spin, and Hamilton car was more planted and the centered hit wasn´t a problem

orcourse no penalty for hamiton, vettel f#cks up ferrari again. and then kimi don't want to help ferrari.
and mercedes just kills kimi with bottas in kwalimode, and so again vettel & bottas & raik give hamiton the win.

if ferrari would be smart then would do the same mercedes did . kimi lets vettel drive by .....then kimi kills hamiton.
and in the end ferrari wins on all fronts.
but the opposites happend.

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

Vettel's race craft is terrible. He would very likely have received a stiff penalty if Lewis had spun from their crash. Perhaps the stewards thought his spin was costly enough, allowing him to get away with bad behaviour.

When going into a corner, the driver in front owns the racing line, so Seb had no reason to be going in long; except he was hunting for an advantageous crash, as the car on the outside (where Lewis was) usually does the spinning.

An attacking car has the right to the racing line if it is alongside the car it is chasing. The image below (courtesy f1metrics.wordpress.com) illustrates this, with the blue car required to yield to the pink attacker. Lewis was even farther ahead than this - up to half a cars length ahead.

Read more about racing rules here: https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/08 ... of-racing/

NathanOlder

apexcontrol wrote:
GrandAxe wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:18
apexcontrol wrote:

no i love it because its good he gets exposed. because the world needs to know that with out help hami will win nothing
Really? You are fighting a lost cause, and not looking good.

it just has to be said. i know ppl dont like it but there no other way
in time you will see that this era is the era of worst champions of all time
By your logic, 2002 must have been the year you put Schumacher at the bottom of all champions. The biggest gift of all time at the A1 ring.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

TAG wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:44
apexcontrol wrote:
Speaking of the Wiki page, Hamilton ties Schumacher for most wins at Monza. Schumacher and Hamilton's names together on the Wiki page happens a lot.
yess but you can also see the car manufacturer beside it, and we all know this was the mercedes Hybridera.
so yess hamilton wel be remember is the one who had the best car still did loose a champinschip againt a mediocre driver. and has the luck ferrari incompetence is still not fixed sinds brawn and todt left.

do you remeber the victorys of vettel ? beside the torro rosso win ? i dont because there not worth it .
same goes in about 4 years for hamilton.....
you will see.... its inevitable... there just not the real deal like senna mika shumi

Brake Horse Power
Brake Horse Power

I agreed watching the race Max deserved the penalty, however i can understand his explanation. He just basically says he left enough space for Bottas, considering the green stuff next to the tarmac is part of the track. Bottas didn't fully ride on the green stuff, and therefor Bottas caused the collision. Look at the on board of Bottas in the movie. I think it is in some way brilliant by pushing the rules to the limit..

https://streamable.com/s/n9xvl/pxwrcg

Last edited by Brake Horse Power on 02 Sep 2018, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Andres125sx wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:36
Restomaniac wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

At the point of contact Hamilton was already starting his on turn in on corner 5 so his car balance is for that corner at that point it’s vettel on the outside hence the Vettel spin.
Last edited by Restomaniac on 02 Sep 2018, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

apexcontrol wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:40
apexcontrol wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:59

max from his position in a car that is way quicker ? ................only thing worth mentioning is that is was screwing up the race of kimi.

bottas is the disgrace, hamiton uses to win, even win vettel screws up again. hami need help AGAIN.

them shame thos drivers
I love reading your comments. Are all the Hamilton haters as angry and sad right now?

Dude just calm it a bit. Merc now using Ferrari tactics make it an even fight now. This season is a classic already.
Receiving help does not equal needing help :wink:

F1 is a team sport, no F1 team will ignore a potential benefit when one of his drivers who can´t fight the title (because he´s too far in the table) can help his team mate who is fighting for the title

The day you realice this, you´ll enjoy F1 a lot more, as that is a big part of strategy and plays a huge role in F1, so when you stop seing this as a bad thing and start to think about how teams play these cards, you´ll discover a new aspect in F1 wich is as fun as any other

This is happening since 1950 when F1 was born btw, with some exception, but exceptions that prove the rule

Today it was obvious for anyone that Ferrari would play that card gifting victory to Seb if he didn´t pass Kimi in first lap. But Seb mistake turned things around and then it was Mercedes who could use the #1 and wingman card to take advantage. It actually was fun to watch, if you´re not a tifossi obviously :mrgreen:

Andres125sx

LionKing wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:30
Andres125sx wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:27
If leaving Ferrari was a right move or not is a different debate. With the benefit of hindsight it obviously wasn´t, but that does not change the fact Ferrari never steered clear of him, they were willing to keep him :wink:
On the other hand, there were many opportunities in the last 3 years in the top 3 teams and none wanted Alonso:
Rosberg retirement, Bottas year on year deals,
Kimi year on year deals,
Kvyat out at Redbull and now Ricciardo out.
False, Mercedes have Lewis wich is one of the big three, so no need to sign Alonso. Same for Ferrari with Seb. RBR on the other hand is not used to sign outside drivers. Even so Horner admited to have had some unoficial talks with Alonso for 2019. But I guess Alonso had enough of Honda PU :P

Andres125sx

Hammerfist wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:32
NathanOlder wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:00
F1NAC wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:45

Didn't Vettel exit right behind Hamilton? He could used him as a tow
I was saying this yesterday, Vettel had a chance to be exactly how close he wanted to be to hamilton. He was about 5 seconds away from Lewis. Kimi was about 4 seconds from Seb.
Is the tow really that strong or meaningful from that far away though?

Cars aren't affected by dirty air when they are 4 secs apart.

Why would anyone think that a car 4 sec up the road can tow? :-?
They say it can be seen in the pitot tube, even a 3-4 seconds gap provide some benefit at the straights

nevill3

So Ricciardo retired due to a clutch issue and not the engine so he should be good for the win in the next race
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

alexx_88
alexx_88

Andres125sx wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 19:02
LionKing wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:30
Andres125sx wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 18:27
If leaving Ferrari was a right move or not is a different debate. With the benefit of hindsight it obviously wasn´t, but that does not change the fact Ferrari never steered clear of him, they were willing to keep him :wink:
On the other hand, there were many opportunities in the last 3 years in the top 3 teams and none wanted Alonso:
Rosberg retirement, Bottas year on year deals,
Kimi year on year deals,
Kvyat out at Redbull and now Ricciardo out.
False, Mercedes have Lewis wich is one of the big three, so no need to sign Alonso. Same for Ferrari with Seb. RBR on the other hand is not used to sign outside drivers. Even so Horner admited to have had some unoficial talks with Alonso for 2019. But I guess Alonso had enough of Honda PU :P
Precisely! It's quite well-known, for everyone who has been watching F1, that the top teams prefer not to have top F1 drivers in both of their seats. Ricciardo has been overlooked this year by both Ferrari and Mercedes for exactly the same reason. Hope it's not really up for debate that he's at least just a bit better than both Bottas and Kimi.