Thanks to Principessa

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Ciro Pabón

Sodder wrote:Thanks Tomba and Princepessa! This site esta muy bueno!
Sure, Tomba is a prudent guy. This is a killer combination, I know from experiencie: with Principesa's brain and Tomba's beauty, these two will go far! :D
Ciro

Smeerak
Smeerak

I too would like to say, for the most part, well done.

However, it is my preference that site remain purely techinical, and details about weddings, and "passionate" article writing with exlamation marks (ala Schumi cheating) should, and can, be read and found elsewhere on the internet.

Also - I feel that if a topic as hot as the cheating incident should be reported on, as a member of the published media, you should try to remain un-biased and professional. Instead of listing here-say facts that have been published over and over and over again in the F1 world - I feel that f1technical should take that one step further and post the data that was analyzed so that we our selves can pass judgement if we feel so obliged. If technical details that can't be found on other website cannot be posted - then I would simply say, let the issue at hand be tossed around in the forums and not the frontpage.

Also - forum debates should not fuel headlines - I've noticed that more and more in the forums and there have been some comments regarding this. News topics should be posted and then discussed - follow ups realy have no purpose, keep them in the forums.

I come here for the engineering-level details and you should, again in my honnest opinion, focus on those.

Please don't take this out of context, the two of you are doing a wonderful job.

kind regards to both P. and T.

Principessa

Smeerak wrote:However, it is my preference that site remain purely techinical, and details about weddings, and "passionate" article writing with exlamation marks (ala Schumi cheating) should, and can, be read and found elsewhere on the internet.
This is an f1 site and the news is a part of that! We are one of the only sites that provide this much technical information and technical articles as well as news. And I think that's the way the f1 fans like it. They don't have to go from one site to another, they can all find it here! :wink:

Jason

This was said before.
F1Technical is for fans, Formula1.com is fro customers.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Ciro Pabón

Smeerak wrote:However, it is my preference that site remain purely techinical...
I dissent. I believe engineers have a duty to check his "dulling" level once in a while. I did not read the JV wedding article BTW, not really into it, but I am the guy that recommends learning to dance if you want to be a good pilot... or a good engineer. You don't feel it, you can't fix it.

So, c'mon, Smeerak, loosen a little! On my part, I promise I won't talk about Schuey any more! No more exclamation marks!
Ciro

Tp
Tp

I may be relatively new here, but I can see this a site of true quality
Likewise. But it doesn't take long to release this is, well, the best F1 site I've been on.

But thanks as well to the other Forum members. I like the fact that the answers to you're irritating Technical F1 questions are only a few clicks away.

Other Forums tend to be polluted, with no-one reading previous posts and typing posts just for the fun of it in, what they say is English, but clearly isn't.

Smeerak
Smeerak

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Smeerak wrote:However, it is my preference that site remain purely techinical...
I dissent. I believe engineers have a duty to check his "dulling" level once in a while. I did not read the JV wedding article BTW, not really into it, but I am the guy that recommends learning to dance if you want to be a good pilot... or a good engineer. You don't feel it, you can't fix it.

So, c'mon, Smeerak, loosen a little! On my part, I promise I won't talk about Schuey any more! No more exclamation marks!
Fine, my dulling level dosen't like to see a useless 21 page conversation with a link to it on the very front page - all about the "schumacher incident" which is now about Mr. Senna, a completely different topic.

Perhaps this sort of discussion could at least be MODERATED and terminated after it's served it's useful purpose.

Anyway, I'm trying to help - it seems to be a growing trend on the internet that forum quality is slowly but surely becoming less and less of a goal. I'm just trying to suggest a change before it becomes an issue.

I'm a pilot, a dancer, an academic and and engineer - I think I'm perfectly well rounded and I still don't like to read diatribe about items that could/should/did/did not happen.

Stick to the technical aspects - and moderate the junk.

Tp
Tp

Smeerak wrote:Stick to the technical aspects - and moderate the junk.
Well we have Aerodynamics, chassis and tyres and Engine, transmission and controls, which covers the technical side of F1

Then we have the general non-Technical F1 chat. So it's the best of both worlds.

Principessa

I know that for the moment not all the topics aren't moderated as it should be, but me and Tomba have exams! We don't have time to read all the topics now! I hope you can understand that a bit. And otherwise me and Tomba try to moderate as much as possible. But some members hate it when we try to keep it on topic....we're doing the best we can here!

Anyway to the onces having exams as well: the best of luck :wink:

jgredline

Trully this is the best site for the hard core F1 fan. Today for the first time I went looking at some other forums and could not find a one that was even close to this site. Tomba and Principessa you two have done a great job and really what makes this site good is the people but it starts with you two. :D
To finish first, first you must finish.

Ciro Pabón

Smeerak wrote:Fine, my dulling level dosen't like to see a useless 21 page conversation with a link to it on the very front page - all about the "schumacher incident" which is now about Mr. Senna, a completely different topic.

Perhaps this sort of discussion could at least be MODERATED and terminated after it's served it's useful purpose.
Smeerak, first, I am sorry to have doubted your dancing abilities... your post seemed a little "tight" to me. Please, accept my sincere apologies from the bottom of my dancing-lover south american heart and keep shaking it. :)

Then it should be reeeeally eeeeeasy for you to understand why it is appropriate to discuss the implications that pilot behavior have on accidents and incidents. Ethics goes before and beyond engineering. Emotions too.

And that is what this thread is about: most of us, including you as I can see, appreciate what Principessa is doing, giving her age (and I do not doubt it, her beauty...:oops:) and the fact that she brings some feelings and sensations we will not find on other forums. As tp points out, this forum has enough areas where opinions are of no importance and we all want figures (my personal mantra). There you can discharge your neurons for a while and maybe bring people to the edge of death by boredom, discussing the really abstruse topics that you (and me!) like. :wink:

But this thread is not about you or me or these areas. It is about Principessa and how well she is doing. I will not tolerate without retort people here, annoying everybody while they complain of other people that annoy them. :D

She is doing fine, and Tomba and CFDRuss too. They have showed their prudency by not interfering with such a thread, that you boldly ask to terminate, what more can I say... This is what makes this forum "classy" in my opinion, and much more coherent and positive than the average "yelling party". Most people here have a visceral reaction about the possibility of this kind of censure, I hope. We prefer to tolerate the occasional jerk or the emotional fan and to accept that we ourselves can be jerks and fans sometimes. It should happen something more extreme to terminate a post, I guess. Besides, this is precisely the thread I won't touch with a pole, and where most people here is tip-toeing.

I have three children and I am positive that, when they fight, it is of no use to scream for them to shut up. And you surely do not expect the fans to keep silent about such an incident, do you?

But, you see, even while I try to be mature and fatherly, I am speaking about emotions. I confess my Latin blood boils in my veins when I see Principessa explaining that she is too busy right now to try to placate manchild, dumrick, scuderia_russ, our own jason, tom and the lot. She does not need to explain.

I maybe alone, but because of my old ripe age and my short intellect I am still in wonder and awe when I consider that three Belgian (I am guessing here) friends have put together a place like this. This is a site where people all over the world can come together in friendly and incredibly accessible way, unimaginable 20 years ago, with the only purpose of making a better sport and branch of engineering. I do not know about you, but I haven't done the same, nor has my work had the same wide repercussions. :wink:

Maybe some girl will sigh when she reads Principessa's article on JV wedding, who knows? Are you so sure this does not happen? Others can feel goose bumps when they ponder how JV plays and composes music with the help of his family, stare away from the computer, and wonder for a moment if the human spirit is still more powerful than multinationals and car factories. I can assume you really enjoy the moment of introspection that follows the understanding of a new invention and the grasp of the thought of the inventor, but let me tell you, this is not all.

So again, thanks to Principessa. Keep the good work and do not hear anything we say: you are waaaaay mooooore than doing fine.

P.S. I forgot to mention that the order of the forum posts in the front page is, evidently, my friend, at least influenced by date of last post (and maybe number of posts, I do not know). This keeps "popular" topics on the front page for you to suffer. :wink:
Ciro

Smeerak
Smeerak

And you can then also respect my opinion instead of constantly telling me 'loosen up'.

The posts were more or less directed to the owners/managers of this board - however it is public, so any opinions are welcome.

This is a suggestion that when people start swearing in posts and start insulting back and forth or a two person banter errupts that spills into something else - to CLEAN IT UP ... that's all I'm asking, it is a classy site, I prefer to keep it that way- It's not mine so do with it as you please, but this is the feedback forum - I understand and respect your advice so it would make sense for you to understand and respect my advice - there are two sides to this coin ;)

I must be off, 23 hours of proposal writing is enough for anyone I suspect.

Wonderful job, I love the site, it seems to be gathering more and more traffic, I love to see it, I love what you are doing keep dancing/flying/jumping/examing/passing/graduating as the future will just become more and more bright ! I can't comment on anyone's beauty because my lady will kill me - so don't take it as an insult that I did not mention anything ;)

Silverstone is next !!!!

!!! GOOD SKILLS ON YOUR EXAMS !!! - because luck has nothing to do with it !

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Smeerak wrote:Fine, my dulling level dosen't like to see a useless 21 page conversation with a link to it on the very front page - all about the "schumacher incident" which is now about Mr. Senna, a completely different topic.

Smeerak, first, I am sorry to have doubted your dancing abilities... your post seemed a little "tight" to me. Please, accept my sincere apologies from the bottom of my dancing-lover south american heart and keep shaking it. :)

Then it should be reeeeally eeeeeasy for you to understand why it is appropriate to discuss the implications that pilot behavior have on accidents and incidents. Ethics goes before and beyond engineering. Emotions too.

And that is what this thread is about: most of us, including you as I can see, appreciate what Principessa is doing, giving her age (and I do not doubt it, her beauty...:oops:) and the fact that she brings some feelings and sensations we will not find on other forums. As tp points out, this forum has enough areas where opinions are of no importance and we all want figures (my personal mantra). There you can discharge your neurons for a while and maybe bring people to the edge of death by boredom, discussing the really abstruse topics that you (and me!) like. :wink:

But this thread is not about you or me or these areas. It is about Principessa and how well she is doing. I will not tolerate without retort people here, annoying everybody while they complain of other people that annoy them. :D

She is doing fine, and Tomba and CFDRuss too. They have showed their prudency by not interfering with such a thread, that you boldly ask to terminate, what more can I say... This is what makes this forum "classy" in my opinion, and much more coherent and positive than the average "yelling party". Most people here have a visceral reaction about the possibility of this kind of censure, I hope. We prefer to tolerate the occasional jerk or the emotional fan and to accept that we ourselves can be jerks and fans sometimes. It should happen something more extreme to terminate a post, I guess. Besides, this is precisely the thread I won't touch with a pole, and where most people here is tip-toeing.

I have three children and I am positive that, when they fight, it is of no use to scream for them to shut up. And you surely do not expect the fans to keep silent about such an incident, do you?

But, you see, even while I try to be mature and fatherly, I am speaking about emotions. I confess my Latin blood boils in my veins when I see Principessa explaining that she is too busy right now to try to placate manchild, dumrick, scuderia_russ, our own jason, tom and the lot. She does not need to explain.

I maybe alone, but because of my old ripe age and my short intellect I am still in wonder and awe when I consider that three Belgian (I am guessing here) friends have put together a place like this. This is a site where people all over the world can come together in friendly and incredibly accessible way, unimaginable 20 years ago, with the only purpose of making a better sport and branch of engineering. I do not know about you, but I haven't done the same, nor has my work had the same wide repercussions. :wink:

Maybe some girl will sigh when she reads Principessa's article on JV wedding, who knows? Are you so sure this does not happen? Others can feel goose bumps when they ponder how JV plays and composes music with the help of his family, stare away from the computer, and wonder for a moment if the human spirit is still more powerful than multinationals and car factories. I can assume you really enjoy the moment of introspection that follows the understanding of a new invention and the grasp of the thought of the inventor, but let me tell you, this is not all.

So again, thanks to Principessa. Keep the good work and do not hear anything we say: you are waaaaay mooooore than doing fine.

P.S. I forgot to mention that the order of the forum posts in the front page is, evidently, my friend, at least influenced by date of last post (and maybe number of posts, I do not know). This keeps "popular" topics on the front page for you to suffer. :wink:

Ciro Pabón

Smeerak wrote:I can't comment on anyone's beauty because my lady will kill me - so don't take it as an insult that I did not mention anything ;)
I was talking about her inner beauty, of course, I do not know her in person. My older daughter is two years younger than Principessa! :lol:
Ciro

Spencifer_Murphy

That makes me feel so young! (I'm about the same age as Principessa)
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Smeerak
Smeerak

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Smeerak wrote:I can't comment on anyone's beauty because my lady will kill me - so don't take it as an insult that I did not mention anything ;)
I was talking about her inner beauty, of course, I do not know her in person. My older daughter is two years younger than Principessa! :lol:
heheh I gathered that from some of your forum comments about races/drivers/cars etc ... I'm a silent reader ;)

I'm about 10 years older the Principessa hehe ... no knocking age !

We're all still young ... at heart ;)

Anyway this back and forth was quite amusing ... time to return to bed or go to work ... I'm quite confused, it's 1pm hmmm