2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

GhostF1 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 14:34
Marti_EF3 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 13:50
GerryTT wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 13:47
Is it possible that RBR and TR were using different spec engines? For example: RBR a de-tuned engine for maximal mileage to understand aero and TR latest spec engine for performance and durability testing?
For sure, if same spec PU, STR had the engine more turned up than RBR. Like the other B-teams. Double data 8)
Tanabe confirmed that both teams had slightly different specs. What the differences actually were is anyones guess.
Yes, STR PU sounded a bit different during all 8 days =P~

etusch

"They will take our gearbox solution, rear suspension and other elements on the non-listed supply list - which exludes aerodynamics. I think from a Honda perspective, having the same drivetrain gives them a degree of commonality in mapping between the four cars. Hopefully that will be four consistent data sets coming back, which gives them added knowledge and track time"
C. Horner

Bence
Bence

Wazari said that the hardware was absolutely the same, except for different wastegates.

GhostF1
GhostF1

Bence wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 06:26
Wazari said that the hardware was absolutely the same, except for different wastegates.
Mmm. Something any of us could decipher by simply looking at the wastegate pipes... I hardly think Honda would call them different specifications if just the wastegate pipes exited differently. Likely largely the same but being able to test a more aggressive setup will give them valuable data for where to start in Melbourne. They did this with STR last year. Different specs each week of testing so they could decide where to start. They ended up choosing the conservative one to start last year if I recall correctly

Wouter

GhostF1 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 14:34

Tanabe confirmed that both teams had slightly different specs. What the differences actually were is anyones guess.
Where and when did you read or heard that from Tanabe @GhostF1?
I only heard that he said that they had the same spec.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Maybe They used two different specs for winter tests but I think They decided which one will be used. So They must use same specs at races until an update available.

Marti_EF3

Only for information... I was near the Barcelona - Catalunya track at saturday, and I heard probably a Honda PU (by the sounding of it), so seems that is true that RBR made a filming day... No info or pictures of it anywhere?? They've kept super secret right now...

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Marti_EF3 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 13:44
dxpetrov wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 08:48
I just watched interview with Albon, track side. The kid is ultra intelligent and well composed. High level material for Red Bull team. Just watch it what's gonna happen...

I think more than a few people will be impressed by Albon. I really like this guy thanks to what he've done in the tests. Really fast adaptation, speed and seems to be calm and smart. Matching Kvyat times since day one. Very promising driver line up on STR and future RBR driver :D

Can you imagin the kid was dropped by Marko. Fought back on his own strength, got himself a F2 ride and drove his best to regain Redbull’s interest.

Stef
Stef

Maybe Marko will say it was his plan from the start.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Marti_EF3 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 15:56
Only for information... I was near the Barcelona - Catalunya track at saturday, and I heard probably a Honda PU (by the sounding of it), so seems that is true that RBR made a filming day... No info or pictures of it anywhere?? They've kept super secret right now...
I thought they already did a filming day at Silverstone before the winter tests. How many filming days are allowed for the season?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Marti_EF3

Ground Effect wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 21:43
Marti_EF3 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 15:56
I thought they already did a filming day at Silverstone before the winter tests. How many filming days are allowed for the season?
I think they have 3 per season. But could be 2. I don't know, but I'm sure it was a Honda PU. Testing new upgrades aero/engine away from the others and the media??

Godius

As far as I know 2 filming days are allowed. Here's some footage of Max with a drone in pursuit @ Barcelona:

For comparison, here is the roll out from the Silverstone filming day:

Last edited by Godius on 03 Mar 2019, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

ME4ME

Sounds angry, I like it!

HPD

One of the reasons why they did not race on the last day of the tests was to ensure that the car was in perfect condition for the day of filming. Max said it in some interview.
Why? I do not know..
We all know that filming days are used to check things on the car ... it's never for publicity. :lol:

Tzk
Tzk

Are the teams allowed to test without restrictions on filming days? Is flow wiz, and mounting aero rigs allowed?

I guess that they possibly run some aero upgrades on the filming day.