2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
EddyBaggio

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

VAMOS!!!!🧡🧡🧡

Big Tea

McL-H wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:12
Big Tea wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:06
dr_cooke wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:04
Podium it is. Official now. Well deserved by Carlos. Great drive
Nice to have some silverware as proof of progress
More a proof of luck than a proof of progress with 4 cars in front of him having problems. But we’ll take it anyway.

Hopefully we can actually compete for a podium here and there on own merit next season.
You have to be in a position to take advantage of luck :D
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

So hyped!!! Great way to close up the season, P4 in constructors is in the bag and Carlos gets a first podium of his career. Recently he named his 5 best/favorite races in his career, and I realized his best result came in a Toro Rosso. Very happy he outdid that.

Sure, it was a lucky podium with 4 top guys having problems, but it still is a stellar race from P20 to P3 without lucking out into a safety car pitstop or rain.

diffuser

Put this in the wrong forum...For what it's worth Sainz will be tied for 6th with Gasly, Albon 11 points back. He has a real chance to take 6th with the new PU in the back.

nzjrs

Fantastic race! Sainz has had such a good season. Really happy for the team!

Any idea what explained the pace difference between Norris and Sainz? Did Lando just have an off day?

Shader

It's a great day.... We've all been waiting so long for this... I hope you guys are celebrating :D

Big Tea

The down side now. Sorry guys.

Before the season kicked off, and for the first couple of races when he was 'new' I had great hopes for Lando. I think now that they were misplaced.

I do not mean that he is a bad river, just not a natural champion. He will probably have a good F1 career, but unless he lucks into an exceptional car, which is possible, I do not see several championships coming his way. Shame, I had high hopes.

Maybe not the best time to bring it up, but lets keep our feet on the ground.

Big Tea

Shader wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:58
It's a great day.... We've all been waiting so long for this... I hope you guys are celebrating :D
https://i.ibb.co/F5SN1t1/Carl4.jpg
Too much like Ali G, sorry ( bet half of you do not know Ali G Lol)

Shader

Big Tea wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 00:04
Shader wrote:
I guess you are talking about that crazy TV show. That was hilarious :mrgreen:

Macklaren
Macklaren

Big Tea wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 00:03

Before the season kicked off, and for the first couple of races when he was 'new' I had great hopes for Lando. I think now that they were misplaced.

I do not mean that he is a bad river, just not a natural champion. He will probably have a good F1 career, but unless he lucks into an exceptional car, which is possible, I do not see several championships coming his way. Shame, I had high hopes.

I think it's far too soon to come to this conclusion. He actually had a great race the previous round in the US. the good news is that he knows he's been off form, that there is more room to improve and is supporting his teammate. I think he will have an epic season next year if he gets the car

Big Tea

Shader wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 00:09
Big Tea wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 00:04
Shader wrote:
I guess you are talking about that crazy TV show. That was hilarious :mrgreen:
Yip, Guy in a yellow shell suit and baseball cap

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Big Tea wrote:

I feel it’s still early days, especially when you look back and realise just how unlucky he’s been in quite a few races. France, Silverstone, Germany, Belgium, Japan and a few more. Stack him beside Albon, before the Red Bull move, he actually dominates in qualifying, points etc. There’s clearly room for improvement, which I think will come. He’s definitely giving a better account of himself than Stoffel did.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Petrobras picked the wrong race to drop the sponsorship. But I imagine they wanted it sorted and terminated by the time they got to Brazil. You can see the patch where their logo used to be on Carlos overalls. From the autosport forum, via Quickshifter.

https://streamable.com/j0rkn
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Big Tea wrote:The down side now. Sorry guys.

I can’t agree with your assessment... He is delivering in his rookie season... Has matched a “seasoned” driver with a lot of momentum (Sainz) in terms of qualifying 10-10 and if not for some bad luck (Canada, France, Spa and Monza come to mind)... he would have had a lot more points in the Championship.

I believe it’s a fantastic rookie season for him... Few mistakes, solid drives and a team player (he let Carlos through today and in a sense, the reason for Carlos finishing P3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xero

nzjrs wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:50
Any idea what explained the pace difference between Norris and Sainz? Did Lando just have an off day?
He really struggled to switch on the hard tyres, so the pace wasn't there for him. It wasn't there for anyone who tried hards to be fair.

Big Tea wrote:

Based on what, that the more experienced driver in Carlos has outperformed him in recent races, on tracks Lando has never raced at? Surely that's to be expected? The race speed will come with experience, just as it will for all rookies. On qualifying pace Lando has been right there with Carlos all season (10v10), and pulled out some incredible laps that Carlos couldn't get near. There is some genuine raw speed there, it's very clear to see. Carlos as the lead driver has been able to dictate the direction of the car through the season, so it comes as no surprise he's been more comfortable with it. Lando will naturally bed himself into the team more over time, and will be able to have his input heard more. And let's be fair to Carlos too, who I think is one of the most under-rated drivers on the grid. Lando is doing a really good job up against him in his rookie season.