F2002 is real out of the pace?

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
warmandog

F2002 is real out of the pace?

now that we've been seeing the true of this years f2003-GA contender.
and now that we have all this trash from news, and all this controversy.. if is the tyres, or is the all car Perfomance?
i see clear that F2002 was very, away from the others rivals.. that was a real jewell of art and power.

so lets make two clue's
Was the F2002 out of the pace from this years rivals?
what'll be the situacion of ferraris if theyr we're using the F2002 with these bridgestones?
is real ferrari bad.... or is just a way to bring the formula one circus a better taste?
last years was ferrari's dominance.. so lets make some rules to slow down them... this years is williams.... that suposed to be some rules on the way??
lets
clue
Regards
Alex C
Dominican Republic

Bear-F1

In a way you are absoultely correct in stating that the F2002 had to be a magnificent car to be able to do what it did. In another way Bridgestone has only made up a broadcasted amount of .5 sec a lap since last year while Michelin who has been working over time and still continues to improve have broadcasted over 1.5 sec a lap over last years consturction at its best. If you remember last year the Michelin's would be good for 5 laps then fade for 10 and then be good for the last 4 to 5 laps. Michelin cars were on pace with Ferrari on certain occassions when they were in that "best" area and the increase was measured from that best area so a big part of the reason Ferrari's dominance of last year has ended is because of the major advances of Michelin.

(I am not writing to put Ferrari down in anyway) F2003-GA is probably the most beautiful F1 car out there along with the R23B.

Renault Fan I am
Renault F1 Team
Alonso
Trulli
R23 or R23B- Dream Car
Renault Clio V6

"Renault Fan"

arisen

Well imo it’s all because Michelin was allowed to make different tires for different teams
that suited their chassis. Ferrari was getting that anyway because of the preferential
treatment form Bridgestone. The rule changed, the field leveled.

NickT

I think, like you guys, Michelin's improvements have helped levelled the field. Williams and McLaren have also taken a lot of small steps forward to, but it also took longer for Ferrari to find the F2003GA's set up sweet spot. Last year they hit the ground running with the F2002 and it seems to have a wider setup window.
NickT

NickT

I think, like you guys, Michelin's improvements have helped levelled the field. Williams and McLaren have also taken a lot of small steps forward to, but it also took longer for Ferrari to find the F2003GA's set up sweet spot. Last year they hit the ground running with the F2002 and it seems to have a wider setup window.
NickT

SpeedTech

I think that in the last year Michelin is the tyre manufacturer that has improve the most :P that is because bridgestone has only really flavoured Ferrari :roll: :lol:

Well hopefully Bridgestone will improve in time for next year !!!!

ajg1030

I don't think its in the tire performance all that much as its in the rule changes. Clearly it is very difficult to throw down a deamon fast lap straight away. The rule changes altered the starting grid positions significantly. I think that coupled with the fact that it is very hard to pass on most of the circuits slows down the ferrari's from showing how overall dominat they were this season. Yet they still won cause of reliability.

This is really the same debate that happend when williams was winning with Alain and Senna. They had the best cars then and it was an all williams show for a few years. So Max and Bernie changed the rules and leveled the playing field. That level playing field and flavio's great eye for talent, coupled with a good motor sponsorship package gave us a new hero. MS. Had that change not taken place Benneton would never made it into the top 5 and MS might have had a completely different career outcome. Don't get me wrong he is very very talented and a great driver.
But there are quite a few guys that have been great drivers that have not had the opportunity to be in a great car with a top 3 team and faded into non-existence.
just my 2 cents.