2019 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 29 - 31

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 29 - 31

GPR -A wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 12:22
Vasconia wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 09:47
1. Ferrari was 0,5 seconds faster than Mercedes in Barcelona.
2. The gap between Mercedes and Ferrari in Australia was real in its entirety or at least at a 80-90%.
I still don't understand how the 0.5 second difference was arrived. Nobody knew the fuel levels that either teams carried and the PU mode that was used while clocking times. With bigger fuel tanks coming in picture for this year, there was every reason to stay away from pronouncing the performance difference and pecking order. Yet, some people did, despite Mercedes matching the times that Ferrari did on Race sim and short runs. The fact is, all those who predicted those 0.5 seconds gap, were all proven wrong. So their theories should be in junk yard by now.

Who knows, Mercedes was probably already faster than Ferrari and were carrying way more fuel with the help of that bigger tank and more conservative than Ferrari in PU, despite having cold graining issues. When they arrived with better understanding of setup in Melbourne, it was simply the same two cars from Barcelona Test 2 and the difference was finally obvious, with better temperatures, better setup and on fumes. Everything is possible. If Mercedes has continued their development work, after the Spec 2 has gone in to production, there was good couple of months that they have already spent in development. With such new specs, there is more to explore now than, probably 12 months later. That's my hunch.
This makes sense though I think Ferrari should be much stronger than we saw in Melbourne. In fact, I think they must be actually matched.

One of the 0,5 gap supporters was actually Mercedes, but you know, I tend to not believe a word coming from Toto.

Fede90
Fede90

GPR -A wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 12:22
Vasconia wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 09:47
1. Ferrari was 0,5 seconds faster than Mercedes in Barcelona.
2. The gap between Mercedes and Ferrari in Australia was real in its entirety or at least at a 80-90%.
I still don't understand how the 0.5 second difference was arrived. Nobody knew the fuel levels that either teams carried and the PU mode that was used while clocking times. With bigger fuel tanks coming in picture for this year, there was every reason to stay away from pronouncing the performance difference and pecking order. Yet, some people did, despite Mercedes matching the times that Ferrari did on Race sim and short runs. The fact is, all those who predicted those 0.5 seconds gap, were all proven wrong. So their theories should be in junk yard by now.

Who knows, Mercedes was probably already faster than Ferrari and were carrying way more fuel with the help of that bigger tank and more conservative than Ferrari in PU, despite having cold graining issues. When they arrived with better understanding of setup in Melbourne, it was simply the same two cars from Barcelona Test 2 and the difference was finally obvious, with better temperatures, better setup and on fumes. Everything is possible. If Mercedes has continued their development work, after the Spec 2 has gone in to production, there was good couple of months that they have already spent in development. With such new specs, there is more to explore now than, probably 12 months later. That's my hunch.
Thanks to Toto-troll and his silly declarations. Every year, same flame from Mercedes' TP.

Yvesbeer

Ik think the shuffling of cards will begin with a spin in Bahrein. After the following GP in China the tier list is near completion.

Mer, Fer and RB will be equal to eachother in comparison to raw speed, aero and development throughout the year. IMOO it will come to the drivers ability.

I expect that LeClerc will outrace Vettel before Barcelona. No teamorders in favour of Vettel

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g(6) plus met Tapatalk

Capharol
Capharol

There Will Be A third DRS area in Bahrain. Between T3 and T4, just after D main straight.

F1Krof

3rd DRS Zone = Overkill

IMO
Wroom wroom

Sieper

every straight (except the back straight) is now DRS assisted. This will become a slaughterhouse. Overtakes galore. I am not sure this is the right decision.

DutchDopey
DutchDopey

It all depends on why you are watching F1. Without saying what the right reason is, if you are watching F1 for the technical aspects of the sport it is bad. But if you are watching F1 for entertainment it will be better.

GPR-A

Vasconia wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 13:27
This makes sense though I think Ferrari should be much stronger than we saw in Melbourne. In fact, I think they must be actually matched.

One of the 0,5 gap supporters was actually Mercedes, but you know, I tend to not believe a word coming from Toto.
I have no doubt that Ferrari is better than what they were in Melbourne. I have been telling that, they might just come good in Bahrain. That car was just beautiful in Barcelona and SHOULD not be behind.

Capharol
Capharol

F1Krof wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 14:01
3rd DRS Zone = Overkill

IMO

Agreed

waynes
waynes

Capharol wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 13:52
There Will Be A third DRS area in Bahrain. Between T3 and T4, just after D main straight.
https://i.imgur.com/KnMJfTZ.jpg
wasnt exactly groundbreaking news given my previous post on the subject and expertly edited circuit map 8) :lol:
waynes wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 10:33
erudite450 wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 19:56
Guys, where's the 3rd DRS zone?
I'm sure David Croft mentioned it in practice on Sky Sports where it is, in red on the image below. Happy to be corrected

https://i.imgur.com/IzO5gx8.png

Capharol
Capharol

waynes wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 14:42
Capharol wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 13:52
https://i.imgur.com/KnMJfTZ.jpg
wasnt exactly groundbreaking news given my previous post on the subject and expertly edited circuit map 8) :lol:
waynes wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 10:33
erudite450 wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 19:56
Guys, where's the 3rd DRS zone?
I'm sure David Croft mentioned it in practice on Sky Sports where it is, in red on the image below. Happy to be corrected

https://i.imgur.com/IzO5gx8.png
congrats on the Breaking News : you knew it first =D> :lol:

waynes
waynes

Capharol wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 15:23
congrats on the Breaking News : you knew it first =D> :lol:
:lol:

8)

edit: a third DRS zone is daft imo

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Well, if the aim is "closer racing" with "easier to follow" cars, DRS is actually a quick solution.

BrunoH
BrunoH

i think everyone exept the race leader should have drs in all the straights all the time regardless of the distance to the guy in front.
, this wold create a full on specacle until the last lap,
it wold give the guys at the back a chance to start with less weigh in fuel ( lower drag due to drs ) for all to most of the race...
and a chance to have everyone close to the leader and a fight for the win all the way until the last lap.

Yvesbeer

foxmulder_ms wrote:Well, if the aim is "closer racing" with "easier to follow" cars, DRS is actually a quick solution.
So true!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g(6) plus met Tapatalk