2019 Formula 2 Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
NathanOlder

Just watching the F2 in Baku. Eventful race so far, and Schumacher being a rookie. Turn 1 lap 1, massive lunge up the inside of Ghiotto. Taking the pair of them from 3rd and 4th to 7th and 9th. Then on the restart lunging up the inside of Hubert and making contact. Few laps later Schumacher spins out. Bye bye.

Go Jack Aitkin.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Vasconia

Re: 2019 Formula 2 Championship

NathanOlder wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 10:26
Just watching the F2 in Baku. Eventful race so far, and Schumacher being a rookie. Turn 1 lap 1, massive lunge up the inside of Ghiotto. Taking the pair of them from 3rd and 4th to 7th and 9th. Then on the restart lunging up the inside of Hubert and making contact. Few laps later Schumacher spins out. Bye bye.

Go Jack Aitkin.
I must admit the start was too aggressive but his pace was very good. Then he made a mistake, not a good race. Second race was much better tough. No mistakes, very good and consistent pace and a great last overtake. 5th has been a quite encouraging result.

Both races were very interesting, and the second one was the race I would have liked to see for the F1 race. :cry:

marmer

Would love to know how someone gets to this level but can be so slow in a spec car compared to everyone else
Mahaveer Raghunathan was 6 seconds off the pace in qualification nearly 3 seconds off the next car.

During the race maybe two laps after a safety car he lost a 5 second gap to the car in front.
It know it's probably money but what's in it for him. He is so far away it's not like he can even learn what others are doing he can't see them.

SmallSoldier

marmer wrote:Would love to know how someone gets to this level but can be so slow in a spec car compared to everyone else
Mahaveer Raghunathan was 6 seconds off the pace in qualification nearly 3 seconds off the next car.

During the race maybe two laps after a safety car he lost a 5 second gap to the car in front.
It know it's probably money but what's in it for him. He is so far away it's not like he can even learn what others are doing he can't see them.
What’s in it for him? The experience of a lifetime? Race in F2 and do something that 99.99999999999...999% will never do?

I mean, there are probably silliest ways to throw money away, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vasconia

SmallSoldier wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 23:44
marmer wrote:Would love to know how someone gets to this level but can be so slow in a spec car compared to everyone else

What’s in it for him? The experience of a lifetime? Race in F2 and do something that 99.99999999999...999% will never do?

Still, quite embarrasing for him. #-o

Big Tea

SmallSoldier wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 23:44

Like the guy who chases supermodels. Zero chance of getting one, but is fun to try, and if you can afford it, why not :shock: :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

marmer

Well if he wants an experience and he is paying for it I hope he is paying enough to compensate for a talented driver who didn't get a drive in f2

F2 shouldn't be a rich boys experience GT racing is for that

byronCax

It appears that they have to stay under 28kw/h for the race otherwise they are penalized. So is the race for x laps or 15 minutes?

NathanOlder

Looks like the hype around young Mick is pretty much dead. It was clear in previous years he wasn't as good as some were saying/hoping.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

marmer

Don't recall much hype until his form picked up massively in gp3. Rushing to f2 people expect that form to continue. Plenty of decent drivers need a second year. I will reserve judgement on Mick until year 2

Vasconia

NathanOlder wrote:
25 May 2019, 22:43
Looks like the hype around young Mick is pretty much dead. It was clear in previous years he wasn't as good as some were saying/hoping.
His pace in F2 is being very good but he has made some mistakes+the team makes mistakes+his team mate have some crazy days. But as a rookie he has been clearly faster than his teammate from day 1. As it happened in F3 he needs to improve his qualy performance because his race pace is excellent as it we saw in Austria. France also looked promising but he couldn´t show it. Baku was another good one(second race). I expect him to have a quite good second half of the season. Apart from that Prema is not the same team in F3 and F2. Not only speaking about the car itself but also the team makes more mistakes.

Anyway, the impresive rookie is Zhou. Great job so far. =D>

NathanOlder

Vasconia wrote:
03 Jul 2019, 11:48
NathanOlder wrote:
His pace in F2 is being very good but he has made some mistakes+the team makes mistakes+his team mate have some crazy days. But as a rookie he has been clearly faster than his teammate from day 1. As it happened in F3 he needs to improve his qualy performance because his race pace is excellent as it we saw in Austria. France also looked promising but he couldn´t show it. Baku was another good one(second race). I expect him to have a quite good second half of the season. Apart from that Prema is not the same team in F3 and F2. Not only speaking about the car itself but also the team makes more mistakes.

Yeah Zhou has done very well and seems to be getting stronger. Considering he finished behind Schwatzman, Armstrong and Vips who all ended up in F3, while Schumacher ended up in F2, Zhou has stepped up very well indeed. Plus Ghiotto isn't a slow driver as a team mate.
I have to say Micks team mate is way too slow for F2, had plenty of chances and doesn't deserve to be there now.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Vasconia

NathanOlder wrote:
03 Jul 2019, 16:56
Vasconia wrote:
03 Jul 2019, 11:48
NathanOlder wrote:

Yeah Zhou has done very well and seems to be getting stronger. Considering he finished behind Schwatzman, Armstrong and Vips who all ended up in F3, while Schumacher ended up in F2, Zhou has stepped up very well indeed. Plus Ghiotto isn't a slow driver as a team mate.
I have to say Micks team mate is way too slow for F2, had plenty of chances and doesn't deserve to be there now.
Well, there are at least 3 drivers or more who shoudn´t be there. #-o

NathanOlder

There's plenty of them
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare