2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
sAx
sAx
1
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

F1Krof wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:24 pm
sAx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:08 pm
When the 'serious-issue' with your chassis is beginning to look like a driver one! https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/8483/1Fexuq.jpg
I really do feel for Kubica. I hope the team as a whole turn things around, but by the looks of it, it's gonna end as another sad story.
Team-mate besting you by 0.5sec in the chassis you think has a problem doesn't sound great. Should also give a lot of credit to George Russell he's a very serious talent, even if Kubica is not the Kubica he once was!!
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

Restomaniac
Restomaniac
0
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Hull

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

sAx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 pm
F1Krof wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:24 pm
sAx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:08 pm
When the 'serious-issue' with your chassis is beginning to look like a driver one! https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/8483/1Fexuq.jpg
I really do feel for Kubica. I hope the team as a whole turn things around, but by the looks of it, it's gonna end as another sad story.
Team-mate besting you by 0.5sec in the chassis you think has a problem doesn't sound great. Should also give a lot of credit to George Russell he's a very serious talent, even if Kubica is not the Kubica he once was!!
He is and he’s not on his own.

Leclerc, Russell, Norris, Albion, etc.

There is a reason that a guy with talent like Ocon cannot currently get a drive.

Carl Mccoy
Carl Mccoy
0
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

Ocon? He's no better than Perez. Just average.

Stahlkocher
Stahlkocher
1
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 pm

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

MtthsMlw wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:29 pm
Ferrari mighty on the straight, on par in high speed corners, slower than Haas in medium speed ones and declassified like everyone else in slow speed corners.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6OpoAPW4AACNYw.jpg:large
The amount of time lost in the medium speed corners surprises me. Especially the comparison with Haas - the only real advantage of the Ferrari against the Haas are the power limited parts, so the parts where air drag matters most.

In the high speed corners nobody is limited by downforce - everyone has enough of it for them. Downforce only matters in the slower corners. The Haas being superior there to the Ferrari suggests to me that the Ferrari might have less downforce than the Haas.

According to that logic the RB would be quite close to the Mercedes in downforce, but with noticeable lower efficiency as seen by the time lost on the power limited parts.

Further trends: The Alfa also lacks in downforce - as expected with the even more radical design.

The McLaren seems to be relatively efficient compared to its competition, but with a lack of overall downforce.

Correct me if I am wrong or anyone wants to elaborate.

User avatar
F1Krof
85
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

As per AMUS's analysis Mercedes' on a league of its own.

Source: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... dominiert/
Wroom wroom

Polarit
Polarit
0
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:18 am

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

Restomaniac wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:58 pm
sAx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 pm
F1Krof wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:24 pm


I really do feel for Kubica. I hope the team as a whole turn things around, but by the looks of it, it's gonna end as another sad story.
Team-mate besting you by 0.5sec in the chassis you think has a problem doesn't sound great. Should also give a lot of credit to George Russell he's a very serious talent, even if Kubica is not the Kubica he once was!!
He is and he’s not on his own.

Leclerc, Russell, Norris, Albion, etc.

There is a reason that a guy with talent like Ocon cannot currently get a drive.
Russell I think from watching GP2 is the best of the bunch ( not including Leclerc ) but Albon is impressing.

The next generation are looking strong and they have character too. All rich kids unfortunately... but I don't think Max is the defacto next multiple WC. He's just got a good seat early.

zeph
zeph
1
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

Restomaniac wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:58 pm
sAx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 pm
F1Krof wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:24 pm


I really do feel for Kubica. I hope the team as a whole turn things around, but by the looks of it, it's gonna end as another sad story.
Team-mate besting you by 0.5sec in the chassis you think has a problem doesn't sound great. Should also give a lot of credit to George Russell he's a very serious talent, even if Kubica is not the Kubica he once was!!
He is and he’s not on his own.

Leclerc, Russell, Norris, Albion, etc.

There is a reason that a guy with talent like Ocon cannot currently get a drive.
Yes. That reason is Lance Stroll.

User avatar
Zynerji
108
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

zeph wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:57 am
Restomaniac wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:58 pm
sAx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 pm


Team-mate besting you by 0.5sec in the chassis you think has a problem doesn't sound great. Should also give a lot of credit to George Russell he's a very serious talent, even if Kubica is not the Kubica he once was!!
He is and he’s not on his own.

Leclerc, Russell, Norris, Albion, etc.

There is a reason that a guy with talent like Ocon cannot currently get a drive.
Yes. That reason is Lance Stroll.
Lance isn't doing that terribly against Checo… I think Lance has shown that there is more to him than daddys money.

netoperek
netoperek
12
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

sAx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 pm
F1Krof wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:24 pm
sAx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:08 pm
When the 'serious-issue' with your chassis is beginning to look like a driver one! https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/8483/1Fexuq.jpg
I really do feel for Kubica. I hope the team as a whole turn things around, but by the looks of it, it's gonna end as another sad story.
Team-mate besting you by 0.5sec in the chassis you think has a problem doesn't sound great. Should also give a lot of credit to George Russell he's a very serious talent, even if Kubica is not the Kubica he once was!!
George indeed is very talented, no doubt about it. You can't really say though that he beat Kubica by 0.5s unless You say that softs and more rubber on track during FP2's were only 0.1s faster than mediums on FP1 (that's the difference in Kubica's lap times between the sessions). It's only FP, too soon to draw conclusions I'd say.

User avatar
Juzh
150
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 am

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

some laps from fp2

P01 bottas spain fp2 1.17.284
https://streamable.com/aka4p


P04 vettel spain fp2 1.17.673
https://streamable.com/9zmve


P05 verstappen spain fp2 1.18.035
https://streamable.com/4avky

Partymood
Partymood
-3
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

Schuttelberg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:57 pm
Partymood wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:58 pm
Schuttelberg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:28 pm
When a 5 time world champion, a legend of the sport says no one understands the tyres it really tells us how poor a supplier we are stuck with in a sport loaded with riches. Pirelli is the absolute sh!tt!est thing to have happened to F1.
Yeah right... No one understand the tires... that's s good one :lol:
There's a saying, that I can't really translate for you so I'll leave it to you to find out what it means. It goes like this:
"Chistu (LH) chiagne e fotte, fotte e chiagne"
Hope you were more aware of forum ethics.
Hope you were more aware of the tactics employed by the Mercs team. Let me remind you of the secret Pirelli test of 2013 with LH and NR. In that occasion Lewis posted on Instagram that he was at the Bahamas, while he was going round and round on a grey F1 car. Smell the coffee mate

zeph
zeph
1
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

Zynerji wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:01 am
zeph wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:57 am
Restomaniac wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:58 pm
He is and he’s not on his own.

Leclerc, Russell, Norris, Albion, etc.

There is a reason that a guy with talent like Ocon cannot currently get a drive.
Yes. That reason is Lance Stroll.
Lance isn't doing that terribly against Checo… I think Lance has shown that there is more to him than daddys money.
I didn’t say Stroll is terrible.

I say he is the reason Ocon is not in F1.

Xwang
Xwang
28
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:12 am

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

Minimum rear tyres pressure lowered to 19.5 psi.
I'm still learning English so please excuse me if my English is not good enough and feel free to correct me via PM if you want.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac
0
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Hull

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

Xwang wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:15 am
Minimum rear tyres pressure lowered to 19.5 psi.
You know something. This really winds me up.

What’s the point of FP 1/2 if Pirelli are going to keep pulling this crap?

User avatar
Juzh
150
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 am

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Post

bottas vs hamilton fp2
https://streamable.com/lowgx