2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
LM10
LM10

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

Why do some Hamilton fans try to underrate Bottas' performance? Just accept that he has upped his game so far this season and beaten Hamilton fair and square.
The lap of Bottas yesterday was sublime and I doubt that Hamilton could have bettered that. The fact he struggled and was all over the place with his car is no excuse and there is no proof he would have been faster without the struggles.

You know, there is the simple possibility of Hamilton being outperformed and that's what we're seeing right now.

GPR-A

Why is the Hamilton haters simply ignore the statement made by Toto yesterday about lack of battery charge for Lewis's car which had a big impact in Q2 and Q3?

LM10
LM10

GPR -A wrote:
12 May 2019, 13:41
Why is the Hamilton haters simply ignore the statement made by Toto yesterday about lack of battery charge for Lewis's car which had a big impact in Q2 and Q3?
If there is no explanation for the lack of performance then I still kind of always read other excuses made up. That's surely not the first time. Quite ignorant behaviour.

Schuttelberg

GPR -A wrote:
I don't believe a bloody word that comes out of that snake's mouth. I remember how in 2016 Austria he said Rosberg's brakes were failing when his driver almost intentionally crashed into Hamilton.

Toto knows one thing though- how to manage his drivers and their ego's. Not heard this 'charge' theory from Lewis and I won't believe it till I hear it from him.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

GPR-A

LM10 wrote:
12 May 2019, 13:57
GPR -A wrote:
If there is no explanation for the lack of performance then I still kind of always read other excuses made up. That's surely not the first time. Quite ignorant behaviour.
I have seen this enough in 2016 when all the Hamilton haters needed was a proxy competition aided by some misfortune, enough to praise a below average driver to be ascended to worthy champion status. Nothing new.
Last edited by GPR-A on 12 May 2019, 14:07, edited 3 times in total.

GPR-A

Schuttelberg wrote:
12 May 2019, 14:01
GPR -A wrote:
I don't believe a bloody word that comes out of that snake's mouth. I remember how in 2016 Austria he said Rosberg's brakes were failing when his driver almost intentionally crashed into Hamilton.

Toto knows one thing though- how to manage his drivers and their ego's. Not heard this 'charge' theory from Lewis and I won't believe it till I hear it from him.
I remember you said the same in Melbourne when it was first reported that Hamilton had a floor damage. I understand your perspective though about other stuff that Toto has said.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

GPR -A wrote:
12 May 2019, 14:06
Schuttelberg wrote:
GPR -A wrote:

I remember you said the same in Melbourne when it was first reported that Hamilton had a floor damage. I understand your perspective though about other stuff that Toto has said.
Completely understandable. Wolff has even got the entire SKY mob apparently calling him a liar to his face now.

aleks_ader

Restomaniac wrote:
12 May 2019, 14:14
GPR -A wrote:
12 May 2019, 14:06
Schuttelberg wrote:

Completely understandable. Wolff has even got the entire SKY mob apparently calling him a liar to his face now.
When they said that? Who said he is liar.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

dans79

LM10 wrote:
12 May 2019, 13:33
Why do some Hamilton fans try to underrate Bottas' performance? Just accept that he has upped his game so far this season and beaten Hamilton fair and square.
LOL, did you even watch qualifying yesterday?

Even the sky crew mentioned that on his first lap in Q3, he did a completely abnormal warm up lap going very slow, hence the reason he was all over the place.
197 104 103 7

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

GPR -A wrote:
12 May 2019, 13:19
wesley123 wrote:
12 May 2019, 13:09
shingles wrote:
11 May 2019, 16:12

Strange logic. Does Lewis not have the same car as Bottas both this year and last year? Why can’t people simply say “great drive from Bottas” and move on?
To be fair, Hamiltons season starts are abysmal.
In fact, this is actually the best first part for Lewis compared to past seasons by his own standards! His championship assault typically comes at summer break and after.
He's won two races so far, in 2014 and 2015 he'd won three before Spain. In '08, '17 and '18 he won one race before Spain. So this is basically an average season start for him (when looking at title winning years).
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

De Resta is STILL at it by going on about Ferrari’s top end speed being enough if Vettel can get ahead. :lol:

Ferrari’s top end speed is pointless when the Mercedes has DRS right after a S3 where they have been figuratively eating Ferrari all weekend. How can a guy who has spent that much time around F1 make the same mistake race after race?
Last edited by Restomaniac on 12 May 2019, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

LM10
LM10

dans79 wrote:
12 May 2019, 14:24
LM10 wrote:
12 May 2019, 13:33
LOL, did you even watch qualifying yesterday?

Even the sky crew mentioned that on his first lap in Q3, he did a completely abnormal warm up lap going very slow, hence the reason he was all over the place.
I watched it. Though, Bottas had beaten Hamilton in 2 of 4 qualifyings before Barcelona already. With no proof Hamilton would have gotten pole yesterday, if everything went fine for him.
Now Bottas is leading the qualifying numbers against his team mate who is considered the best qualifier on the grid. Not a bad performance for a "nobody" as you call Bottas.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

A gorilla with Donald Duck’s legs. WTF?

Scorpaguy

Restomaniac wrote:
12 May 2019, 14:39
De Resta is STILL at it by going on about Ferrari’s top end speed being enough if Vettel can get ahead. :lol:

Ferrari’s top end speed is pointless when the Mercedes has DRS right after a S3 where they have been figuratively eating Ferrari all weekend. How can a guy who has slent that much time around F1 make the same mistake race after race?
I fear simple reason really. Due to Merc domination in all aspects of the weekend, he is simply trying to maintain a bit of interest in what appears to be a foregone conclusion...just does not want to become a superfluous aspect of the circus I suppose. A Merc 1-2 this weekend will have he and all the other folks switching from Fer top speed to Merc being able to maintain reliability. Since Merc always seem to have a solid package, they will then switch to a Fer/RB war...if Fer can maintain an advantage there, De Resta and fellow color guys will bring up the old "best of the rest" trophy.

Thus far this year, the only twist of plot we have had was Toto's poker playing in testing. I hope we can all enjoy a Bot/Ham war...may have little else. Bottom line, could be the most boring season in a while if all one cares about are top honors. I will keep watching/hoping for a bit of Williams/Kub light and Alfa/Kimi points (and following threads to see when Bino gets fired).

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Scorpaguy wrote:
12 May 2019, 15:08
Restomaniac wrote:
12 May 2019, 14:39

Ferrari’s top end speed is pointless when the Mercedes has DRS right after a S3 where they have been figuratively eating Ferrari all weekend. How can a guy who has slent that much time around F1 make the same mistake race after race?
I fear simple reason really. Due to Merc domination in all aspects of the weekend, he is simply trying to maintain a bit of interest in what appears to be a foregone conclusion...just does not want to become a superfluous aspect of the circus I suppose. A Merc 1-2 this weekend will have he and all the other folks switching from Fer top speed to Merc being able to maintain reliability. Since Merc always seem to have a solid package, they will then switch to a Fer/RB war...if Fer can maintain an advantage there, De Resta and fellow color guys will bring up the old "best of the rest" trophy.

Thus far this year, the only twist of plot we have had was Toto's poker playing in testing. I hope we can all enjoy a Bot/Ham war...may have little else. Bottom line, could be the most boring season in a while if all one cares about are top honors. I will keep watching/hoping for a bit of Williams/Kub light and Alfa/Kimi points (and following threads to see when Bino gets fired).
But all that does isn’t insult the viewers intelligence and make him sound an idiot.