2019 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 23-26

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
tpeman
tpeman

Re: 2019 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 23-26

Grosjean is closing on top 5, odd. Hamilton, Vettel and Bottas running slow, trying to maintain tires. If they pit again, Gasly wins. And they are closing on the Kimi train. I think it will be a repeat of 2018.

10 seconds penalty for Giovinazzi is harsh compared to the 5 seconds for Max

Schuttelberg

This pretence is so annoying. Ricciardo won the race last year without MGU-H ffs.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

vogonvader
vogonvader

Schuttelberg wrote:
26 May 2019, 16:09
Mercedes and Lewis pretending like this is a tense race.
It's always the same narrative with him when he's winning. All his tyres are blistering and overheating, there's always a problem in his brakes, there's always a problem in his car but he manages to win it!!! He just radioed "I think I have a big problem guys" but I have not a doubt he will easily cruise to the end with this mediums and then it will all be his heroics pumped into the media.

netoperek
netoperek

tpeman wrote:
26 May 2019, 16:20
Grosjean is closing on top 5, odd. Hamilton, Vettel and Bottas running slow, trying to maintain tires. If they pit again, Gasly wins. And they are closing on the Kimi train. I think it will be a repeat of 2018.

Grosjean havn't pitted yet.
Harsh? Giovinazzi pushed Kubica's back and blocked the traffic in the middle of the turn. A little bit more dangerous than what happened in the pit lane, wouldn't You say?

DarkSurferZA
DarkSurferZA

vogonvader wrote:+5 seconds time penalty. Such a clowning from the stewards.

Even the Sky F1 commentators thought it was the least harsh penalty possible and how nonsensical it was to give Gio a +10 sec penalty while giving Max a +5 seconds after putting people in the pits in danger.

This was coming from David Croft I shall point out, the David Croft himself!
Strange how Max ends up being on the receiving end of so many leniency calls.

But this race, I have been more excited watching grass grow... Such a precession of cars in single file. Most exciting part was when Le Clerc crashed, and I am a Ferrari fan.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Juzh

hamilton is overreacting. you can be in a williams and if you find yourself in P1 no one will overtake you. pretty simple

tpeman
tpeman

netoperek wrote:
26 May 2019, 16:24
tpeman wrote:

Harsh? Giovinazzi pushed Kubica's back and blocked the traffic in the middle of the turn. A little bit more dangerous than what happened in the pit lane, wouldn't You say?
There are unprotected people in the pit-lane. Pushing another car against the pit wall with 50 kph with potential parts flying away and hitting people is more dangerous than a racetrack gridlock.

vogonvader
vogonvader

Hamilton: "We need to work a miracle"

Yeah you totally need a miracle in Monaco, it's totally the best place to overtake a car that's struggling, I can't think of a better track where that would be easier(!)

netoperek
netoperek

tpeman wrote:
26 May 2019, 16:31
netoperek wrote:
26 May 2019, 16:24
tpeman wrote:

There are unprotected people in the pit-lane. Pushing another car against the pit wall with 50 kph with potential parts flying away and hitting people is more dangerous than a racetrack gridlock.
You're right, obviously. Even if it didn't look bad on TV, that's definitely dangerous. Both those cases have been a good show of recklesness

Dr. Acula
Dr. Acula

God, can't just Lewis stop complaining? Trackposition is everything in Monaco, he should know that better than most other drivers...

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Lewis is a showman... He is adding to the drama with all those radio messages.

His tires don’t look good though and he seems to be sliding a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Schuttelberg

"Thanks to everyone back at the factory. Chink in the chain of this great team. I didn't believe we could do it but we did! This guy (Max) just pushed me all the way. My greatest win ever in a car 4-5 seconds a lap slower!"
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

DarkSurferZA
DarkSurferZA

Dr. Acula wrote:God, can't just Lewis stop complaining? Trackposition is everything in Monaco, he should know that better than most other drivers...
If Lewis was as strong emotionally as he is behind the wheel, he would be, hands down, the best driver in this era of F1. Such a diva sometimes.

tpeman
tpeman

DarkSurferZA wrote:
26 May 2019, 16:41
Dr. Acula wrote:God, can't just Lewis stop complaining? Trackposition is everything in Monaco, he should know that better than most other drivers...
If Lewis was as strong emotionally as he is behind the wheel, he would be, hands down, the best driver in this era of F1. Such a diva sometimes.

It's more of a Mercedes think trying to make it look difficult. Great team but that underdog PR campaign is getting old.

Juzh

hamilton visibly pulling away in the tunnel despite verstappen sitting in his slipstream