Video F1 Bar Honda + 400 km/h

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Need4speed
Need4speed

Video F1 Bar Honda + 400 km/h

Here's a video of the world's fastest F1 car so far:

Top Speed World record with a Formula 1 F1 Bar Honda - 413 km/h chrono
NEED4SPEED.WS , the fastest site on the Web

Ciro Pabón

F1 cars are slow, man.

This girlgives you 500 kmh on a bad run, and in less than half a kilometer (she got her funny car license two weeks ago, ehem):

Nice girl, don't you think? Nicer than Jenson, I bet. I have seen some of you bragging about 1.000 bhp engines. Her dad got her a 7.000 bhp engine: of course, her dad is Jhon Force (probably unkown for most of you east of the Azores... :wink: ).
Ciro

Venom
Venom

That's not even hard. All it requires is a bit of setup, removal of wings and change of gear ratios.
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

f1.redbaron

More videos can be found here:

http://www.bonneville400.com/

Rod Knock
Rod Knock

Venom wrote:That's not even hard. All it requires is a bit of setup, removal of wings and change of gear ratios.
Yah ya done it before?

It's impressive that they did it while complying with FIA regulations.
Hardly ever straight...but always forward.

mini696

Venom wrote:That's not even hard. All it requires is a bit of setup, removal of wings and change of gear ratios.
I think you under estimate the difficulty of completing this task.

pyry
pyry

if my car had a near 800 hp engine im pretty positive id do it as well
four rings to rule them all

Tom

As for the records, Thrust SSC holds the land speed record at 763.035mph, you definetly have the F1 speed record.

Honda (or BAR at the time I think) are the only people to have bothered trying for it again. Any team could beat it easily but its not worth it for them.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

pyry
pyry

and even the bugatti veyron(roadgoing car) does 406kmh. with a few mods im pretty sure it could do 413 as well (like 0.4bar more boost)
four rings to rule them all

mep

pyry wrote:and even the bugatti veyron(roadgoing car) does 406kmh. with a few mods im pretty sure it could do 413 as well (like 0.4bar more boost)
A bugatti is not a Formula 1 car.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

I think the proper category for the F1 car in the land speed record classification is called the "Lakester", which are openwheel landspeed car, usually hot rod style, so little wonder that F1 car would easily demolish that record....

zac510
zac510

An interesting vid ruined by shitty music and voiceovers.

Spencifer_Murphy

The poor sod types a sentance that can be interpreted in two ways an everyone must crucify him for it...lay off guys!

Lets say he DID think that it was THE land speed record...no need to go mental with him!
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Ciro Pabón

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:The poor sod types a sentance that can be interpreted in two ways an everyone must crucify him for it...lay off guys!

Lets say he DID think that it was THE land speed record...no need to go mental with him!
Sorry, Need4Speed. Spencifer_Murphy, I think you are right. I was trying to be funny, I swear, and then it seems it went out of control... :oops:
Ciro

Spencifer_Murphy

I know Ciro...you're often one of the most insightful contributors to this forum. I could see that your comment was more joking than some of the otehrs. It was the others I had a little issue with. All argueing between themselves about what he did and didn't mean.

Only reason i got a little annoyed was because this is often such a pleasent forum to go to (unlike that on ultimatecarpage.com for example - where everybody is slagging off eachother) and I hope it can stay that ways. thats not to say we cant joke about tho! :D
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.