2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, 29 - 1 November/December

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Re: 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, 29 - 1 November/December

siskue2005 wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 18:15
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 16:21
With a fresh engine and more experience at Yas marina than at other flyaway races, I think LEC will get pole. But because of superior tire wear in the race I think HAM will take the win.

1)HAM
2)LEC
3)VER

I predict
QLY
1)VER
2)HAM
3)VET

RACE
1)HAM
2)LEC
3)VER

Ferrari have lost their speed after Austin! fact!.... so i dont expect them to come near the podium or pole
Didn't Vettel(the slower of the Ferrari drivers) qually 2nd in both COTA and Brazil? With a new ICE, LEC can definitely grab pole in Abu Dhabi.

aral
aral

Oh dear! it is the last race of the season , and all some people think that it is fun to make personal comments about drivers and each other. Grow up! If you are a fan of F1, then surely you can discuss it in a friendly manner, rather than this childish behaviour

Roman
Roman

I just wish for a HULK podium...

But as this aint happening I hope for an exciting race, no matter the outcome!

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

siskue2005 wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 15:24
Bottas to start from the back after engine penalty

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/statu ... 66497?s=19

He's also divorcing his wife. Tough couple of months for him.

https://twitter.com/ValtteriBottas/stat ... 3773369348
Such a shame for them.

It seems to try and match Hamilton you need to almost lose everything else. Rosberg has said similar in so much as that he walked straight away because it took such a toll on him. All whilst Hamilton can go out to events and chill. The man’s a freak (before anyone says it I know he works hard).

siskue2005

Restomaniac wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 23:46
siskue2005 wrote:

Such a shame for them.

It seems to try and match Hamilton you need to almost lose everything else. Rosberg has said similar in so much as that he walked straight away because it took such a toll on him. All whilst Hamilton can go out to events and chill. The man’s a freak (before anyone says it I know he works hard).
Yup true

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Restomaniac wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 23:46
I wonder if the whole "he does all this other stuff away from the track" argument misses the point in one way. Hamilton is a free agent away from work. He is under orders at work, just like everyone else, but then he can go do what he wants to please himself. The married guys have to fit in with someone else at home too. That's an added bit of pressure and, no doubt, leads to heated words now and then. More pressure. We all know that there are times when we wished our partner would just leave us alone, give us time/space etc. How do we feel when it doesn't happen? Are we happy/angry?

By being single, Hamilton always knows he's got the chance to enjoy pure "me time". If he wants to jet off somewhere, he can. Spend a whole day in bed? Yes. Want to be with people? Family and friends are there if needed.

That's got to be worth a lot in terms of mental health in such a publicly stressful job. Remember how he was when going through the break up with the Pussy Cat Doll? That was during his low season at McLaren wasn't it?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

izzy
izzy

Just_a_fan wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 11:00
I wonder if the whole "he does all this other stuff away from the track" argument misses the point in one way. Hamilton is a free agent away from work. He is under orders at work, just like everyone else, but then he can go do what he wants to please himself. The married guys have to fit in with someone else at home too. That's an added bit of pressure and, no doubt, leads to heated words now and then. More pressure. We all know that there are times when we wished our partner would just leave us alone, give us time/space etc. How do we feel when it doesn't happen? Are we happy/angry?

By being single, Hamilton always knows he's got the chance to enjoy pure "me time". If he wants to jet off somewhere, he can. Spend a whole day in bed? Yes. Want to be with people? Family and friends are there if needed.

That's got to be worth a lot in terms of mental health in such a publicly stressful job. Remember how he was when going through the break up with the Pussy Cat Doll? That was during his low season at McLaren wasn't it?
Lewis has more energy than pretty much anybody else, with being hybrid :)

It's hard to think of two people more different than Emelia and Nicole, Emelia never looked really into it at the track or to like being on camera, while the problem with Nicole was that she had her own mega globe trotting career going.

But it must be a weird life on the F1 circus, for all of them, travelling nearly all the time but not quite. Anyway it's good to know that Valtteri and Emelia are going to stay friends, that is so Valtteri and cool

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

izzy wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 11:08
Just_a_fan wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 11:00

Lewis has more energy than pretty much anybody else, with being hybrid :)

It's hard to think of two people more different than Emelia and Nicole, Emelia never looked really into it at the track or to like being on camera, while the problem with Nicole was that she had her own mega globe trotting career going.

But it must be a weird life on the F1 circus, for all of them, travelling nearly all the time but not quite. Anyway it's good to know that Valtteri and Emelia are going to stay friends, that is so Valtteri and cool
Plus of course it helps that they are both sports people. In that regard she would I imagine at least on some level understand the pressures involved and as such they both seem to have acted like adults as sad as it is. Just such a shame for 2 people who just seem awfully nice.

izzy
izzy

Restomaniac wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 11:28
Plus of course it helps that they are both sports people. In that regard she would I imagine at least on some level understand the pressures involved and as such they both seem to have acted like adults as sad as it is. Just such a shame for 2 people who just seem awfully nice.
yes so true, tho if the ultimate chemistry is there they can come back together, or if not, there's someone out there for each of them, later on, i think :)

Vasconia

siskue2005 wrote:

I am sorry for him. Its never a good moment but just before your holidays...it gives you too much free time to think.

Going back to the race. I think Ferrari Will struggle with the race pace so I expect a Hamilton vs Verstappen battle which should be fun. The biggest problem for Max Will be to qualify in front of the Ferraris just to have a chance.

Another interesting point is to see if Carlos Sainz can finish 6th or at least 7th, as the best of the rest. Go Carlos!

Bottas Will have problem to overtake some drivers for sure, He is not particularly good at this.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Gasly got totally covered in oil from Ricciardo’s engine failure there. No only will it have pretty much blinded him with regard to his visor but I bet it was boiling hot too.

oT v1
oT v1

No penalty for Ric according to Ted
The Power of Dreams

El Scorchio

Vettel in the wall. Session over.

auv
auv

Fresh engine and Bottas(M) is 0.6 over Ham(S) in P1. I hope Valtteri will take part in Q1.

Sieper

High power mode already used. That much of a difference (on medium tires as well) is not just up to a fresher engine. It was earlier also, on a greener track. I think they wanted to know for sure the engine was good.

That does not mean merc will not be on pole, this is a merc track and Ferrari really seems to struggle with set-up so far.