[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pouyan

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

They made him an offer he could kindly refuse.

etusch

Pouyan wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 20:15
They made him an offer he could kindly refuse.
maybe he has a contract to prevent him to work for other team for one or two years after leavng merc

tangodjango
tangodjango

J0ker wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 11:20
RS200E wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 23:52
McG wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 13:07

Hahahaha Cl0wn more like. Ferrari cheated. Deal with it. They sure are!
dude u got some big balls posting the truth in the Red Thread I'll give you that lol they don't like that around here
One either has big balls or is stupid enough… with all do respect.

FIA INSTIGATES FULL INVESTIGATION ON ALL TEAMS CHEATING...
Did someone play foul?

And maybe, just maybe, the agreement that FIA and Ferrari made, is just because till that moment FIA wasn’t able to understand where are the gray area limits of their regulation, and the agreement awakened FIA and that’s why is secret.
Let just wait and see who also cheated, or is cheating?
Moreover, to be honest, yes one needs big balls to post / tell the truth. However, to post only not proven theories that suits one personal beliefs and fan feelings, that is closer to stupidity.
Also equally stupid (your words not mine) is to believe that the run of Ferrari poles last year came to an end with 'addition of more downforce' to the car.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

subcritical71 wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 00:36
No disrespect to teams as they will almost always act in their own interest, but during free practice today the sky pundits mentioned that Matteo only asks that the FIA are transparent.... no f’ing way that can be true! Tell me that was a joke.
I fell off the floor laughing when I heard it.

Big Tea

J0ker wrote:
RS200E wrote:
McG wrote:

dude u got some big balls posting the truth in the Red Thread I'll give you that lol they don't like that around here

Did someone play foul?

And maybe, just maybe, the agreement that FIA and Ferrari made, is just because till that moment FIA wasn’t able to understand where are the gray area limits of their regulation, and the agreement awakened FIA and that’s why is secret.
Moreover, to be honest, yes one needs big balls to post / tell the truth. However, to post only not proven theories that suits one personal beliefs and fan feelings, that is closer to stupidity.
The whole 'smoking gun' of this seems to be that none of the teams protested so they must be up to something.
The way I see it, is if they do not protest it is because they are NOT up to something.
Why protest if you have nothing to hide? Protest if you do.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Moore77 wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 09:50
f1316 wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 22:09
mafeotul wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 12:36

The lack of immediate action from the FIA in the manners of DSQ's is what puts me off the blatant cheating. Were the engines full legal? Ferrari probably thought they were. Did the FIA think that? They probably knew less about the whole situations than myself. But, there is no smoke without a fire so ...
Yeah, we cannot at all say there’s anything “clear” that they were “cheating” - clear cheating would have had very different consequences. Almost certainly what was happening was not in the ‘spirit’ of the regulation, bit clearly Ferrari thought their ‘interpretation’ was in an area that, at the very least, could not be proven to be illegal (and so, in a very F1 sense, could be viewed as legal - this sport is the bastion of the loophole, after all).

In any case, whatever the truth is, it all seems very short sighted now, in that taking it away immediately left them with a pretty shoddy engine. Similarly, and to the original point, regardless of what’s right or wrong, it almost certainly would have been a more interesting season without the changes.
Being a Ferrari fan, I can't but simply wonder, how did they landed up in this situation? It's undeniable that, they have been hit extremely hard, with whatever that FIA found out of their PU. How could they be working on that grey area (assuming it was the case) for such a long time and to such a large extent that, they simply didn't know where to stop and focus on improving areas that would keep them in good light under the regulations. Was there never a Plan B?

When the new ruling comes out, with regards to the Quali mode, I think Ferrari should simply put their most aggressive mode as the race mode and be ready to use as many PUs as possible, with penalties, even if it means a new PU in every race! They can make life a bit more exciting and at least, Leclerc can qualify a few places more closer to top 3 in odd races and can challenge for podiums. In other races where they take penalty, they can still qualify near the top, take penalty, start in their usual 8th to 12th position, but march hard in races to go closer to podiums.
It is prossible that they had been cheating with the fuel sensor for so long(possibly starting in 2015) that they didn't think that they would be caught and therefore did not put any resources into improving the ICE without the fuel sensor cheat activated.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

J0ker wrote:
RS200E wrote:
McG wrote:

Did someone play foul?

The reason none of the rest of the teams protested is because it affects all of them fairly equally. If none has a quali mode, then all suffer equally and the outcome is "no change" on a Saturday afternoon.

Occam's Razor applies...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

J0ker

tangodjango wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 21:01

Also equally stupid (your words not mine) is to believe that the run of Ferrari poles last year came to an end with 'addition of more downforce' to the car.
You are trying to quote me on something I never said. Do not try to twist my words, it is clear why Ferrari has weak performance this season.
"Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push."

J0ker

Big Tea wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 21:31

The whole 'smoking gun' of this seems to be that none of the teams protested so they must be up to something.
The way I see it, is if they do not protest it is because they are NOT up to something.
You could be right either way. Time will tell.
"Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push."

Big Tea

J0ker wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 08:29
Big Tea wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 21:31

You could be right either way. Time will tell.
Or, there is the double bluff :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

falonso81

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 21:40
It is prossible that they had been cheating with the fuel sensor for so long(possibly starting in 2015) that they didn't think that they would be caught and therefore did not put any resources into improving the ICE without the fuel sensor cheat activated.
That would have been beyond idiotic. You can't just rely on luck that you wont be caught and stay still with the engine development. No trick on earth would have given them so much power that they could afford no development for 5 years. Its F1, remember?

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

falonso81 wrote:
24 Aug 2020, 10:01
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 21:40
That would have been beyond idiotic. You can't just rely on luck that you wont be caught and stay still with the engine development. No trick on earth would have given them so much power that they could afford no development for 5 years. Its F1, remember?
The development done was with the fuel trick employed. Development with and without the fuel trick would have required 2 parallel development tracks. 2 sets of dynos, almost 2 separate engine teams. Of course some of the developments work to improve the engine with and without the extra fuel, but if you are getting away with tricking the fuel meter for years, you will focus on maximizing that development path.

They clearly developed the engine, I'm sure the ice is better now than in 2015, but the fuel trick was so powerful that they only focused on developing with it in place.
Last edited by ENGINE TUNER on 24 Aug 2020, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

falonso81

Well, i dont have inside information from Ferrari to know that beyond doubt. What i can tell from this year it's that the engine is not the only factor for Ferrari's lack of speed down the straights. Sure, what ever they did last year gave them a considerable boost in acceleration and top speed, but we can all see that the SF1000 is a dog of a car to begin with.

JordanMugen

falonso81 wrote:
25 Aug 2020, 08:01
but we can all see that the SF1000 is a dog of a car to begin with.
Is it really? It can quite often carry higher corner speed than the SF90.

hape
hape

JordanMugen wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 14:19
falonso81 wrote:
25 Aug 2020, 08:01
but we can all see that the SF1000 is a dog of a car to begin with.
Is it really? It can quite often carry higher corner speed than the SF90.
Well if both Ferrari’s end up behind the Alfa Romeo and just in front of the Haas then yes, I think the SF1000 is a dog of a car.