[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Ferrari's race pace wont be as good as their quali pace judging by Nurburgring. Plus, starting with the harder tire means that he will probably need 2 laps to properly turn those tires on, so he might be vulnerable on the start.

Chicane
Chicane

Both drivers complaining about wind and Sainz saying there was potential to go a lot quicker without the wind. Every f1 car struggles in tailwind conditions in to a corner but MCL 35 seems to get a lot more trickier. Hopefully this is something they will get on top of next season
Quickshifter

bauc

Good Qualy, I'm expecting strong race tomorrow
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

diffuser

Chicane wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 17:58
Both drivers complaining about wind and Sainz saying there was potential to go a lot quicker without the wind. Every f1 car struggles in tailwind conditions in to a corner but MCL 35 seems to get a lot more trickier. Hopefully this is something they will get on top of next season
Could be or others drivers can cope with it better. Like Albon and Max. Max seem's more capable of dealing with RBR's little Corner entry quirks.

godlameroso

Going to be a strong tailwind into turn 3 and 8 tomorrow.
Saishū kōnā

CjC
CjC

Perez claims the Racing Point struggles in high winds too. Wasn’t holding him back today though...
Just a fan's point of view

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

how come Ferrari in 4th. are they again doing extra fuel leak again in ICE? I don't believe its their genuine phase. If yes, why its customer team cannot improve even his own team mate Vettel?

Macklaren
Macklaren

selvam_e2002 wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 19:56
how come Ferrari in 4th. are they again doing extra fuel leak again in ICE? I don't believe its their genuine phase. If yes, why its customer team cannot improve even his own team mate Vettel?
They have taken a lot of drag/downforce off the car which helps in quali but kills them in the race

proteus

Emag wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 17:25
Ferrari's race pace wont be as good as their quali pace judging by Nurburgring. Plus, starting with the harder tire means that he will probably need 2 laps to properly turn those tires on, so he might be vulnerable on the start.
It will be better if he manages to stay infront, because if Perez and anyone else jumps over him at the start, they can drive away sufficiently far enough to be untouchable, while Mclaren needs few laps to get itself into working order. If Mclaren boys dont get ahead ofcourse :)
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Jackles-UK

Decent performance today. For a lot of the session McLaren were the fastest team in S1 which suggests they are carrying a little more downforce than their midfield rivals. Fingers crossed this reflects into better tyre wear (which has been a bit of a theme across the season so far) but also gives an advantage if there is a bit of rain.

Some talk that the clean side of the grid might be worth as much as 20-30m off the line because of the new asphalt being really slippery off line. This could be huge for Carlos attacking Albon & Leclerc off the start on the long run into T1, he’s usually pretty good off the line so that bodes well.

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 19:56
Well they are 12th in S1, where the straight is significant. He's also 19th in, top speed at the speed trap and 20th at the finish line. He is 4th and 5th in S2 and S3. So he sucks at accelerating but is very good at keeping that speed. So no, they're PU hasn't gotten any better but the chassis wasn't that bad to start with and it might have gotten better.

M840TR
M840TR

Leclerc starting on the mediums from the dirty side of the grid on a cold track with slippery asphalt. I bet he’s there for the taking.

ScottR267
ScottR267

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... =widget-22

Seidl stating that the team have made the next step in understanding the upgrades made over the last 2-3 race weekends. Here’s to hoping the further developments are much the same and can move us ahead of RP and Renault.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Both cars using the “old” bargeboards and front wings today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

M840TR wrote:Leclerc starting on the mediums from the dirty side of the grid on a cold track with slippery asphalt. I bet he’s there for the taking.
I’m a bit worried about Lando starting on the dirty side, he has definitely struggled in the first lap this season, hoping that it isn’t the case today.

Carlos does have an opportunity to try and take Leclerc at the start of the race.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk