[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

ALO_Power wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 19:48
All the money are in Bahrain now. 2 races there so, the midfield car that will work best there will clinch P3 probably. McLaren been traditionally good in Bahrain so, fingers crossed.
Crossed indeed

But Renault were having a good race last year till their double retirement occurred.
I expect Renault to be strong in Bahrain 1 and Abu Dhabi, more than likely they’ll be able to run their medium to low downforce package which in turn usually allows them to challenge for a podium.
Bahrain 2 is another one of those ‘who knows’ races....
I’m hoping Ferrari fall back a tad again as I’m expecting a lack of horsepower will hamper them in the remaining 3 races
Just a fan's point of view

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

CjC wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 21:08
ALO_Power wrote:
All the money are in Bahrain now. 2 races there so, the midfield car that will work best there will clinch P3 probably. McLaren been traditionally good in Bahrain so, fingers crossed.
Crossed indeed

But Renault were having a good race last year till their double retirement occurred.
I expect Renault to be strong in Bahrain 1 and Abu Dhabi, more than likely they’ll be able to run their medium to low downforce package which in turn usually allows them to challenge for a podium.
I’m hoping Ferrari fall back a tad again as I’m expecting a lack of horsepower will hamper them in the remaining 3 races
Ye Ferrari shouldn't really be a threat probably. What's different in Bahrain 2 though? Will they race on another layout or with different compounds?

CjC
CjC

ALO_Power wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 22:16
CjC wrote:
ALO_Power wrote:
Crossed indeed

Ye Ferrari shouldn't really be a threat probably. What's different in Bahrain 2 though? Will they race on another layout or with different compounds?
Bahrain 2 will be another layout. They are going to use the Bahrain outer circuit for the 2nd race

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... BMpx8.html
Just a fan's point of view

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

CjC wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 22:41
ALO_Power wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 22:16
CjC wrote:

Crossed indeed

Bahrain 2 will be another layout. They are going to use the Bahrain outer circuit for the 2nd race

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... BMpx8.html
Oh true, forgot about that.

Jackles-UK

Quick shout for the pit crew today, all of the pit stops I saw the cars make were under 3s stationary time with a 2.41s stop for Norris’ first stop. The team have definitely improved in this aspect of races as the season has unfolded after some pretty indifferent performances earlier in the year.

ThePapayaJaguar
ThePapayaJaguar

After the race, Carlos mentioned that he was able to fire up the tires well. Seems Lando was able to as well. I remember Carlos led the race at Portimao for a few laps, but fell away after he experienced some graining. It seems they have figured out how to get temp into the tires in cool conditions with controlled wear. That's great news. Hopefully they can keep that up for the next three races! =D> :D

Jackles-UK

Also, I’ve just noticed that today the team surpassed their 2019 constructors points tally!

The team accrued a total of 145 points in 2019 and after the points haul in Istanbul yesterday the team currently have 149. This is a particularly impressive stat seeing that they have only competed in 14 rounds so far as opposed to the 21 from last year.

Still plenty of work for the team to get back to where we all wish them to be but it’s another excellent step forward from all involved.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Honestly the tires fired up so well they could have been a lot further up the order today - they just struggled to get through the traffic - qualifying hurt them a lot, Carlos had enough pace to contend for a podium.

_cerber1

This is not the first time that McLaren lacks 1-2 laps in order to achieve the maximum. In Monza there was not enough lap for the first place, yesterday the podium would have been in our pocket if the race had continued for a couple of laps. The pace was better at the end of the race than anyone else.

PhillipM
PhillipM

It was great from like lap 10 you just couldn't see it because both Mclarens were on the gearbox of the cars in front for 20 laps.

ThePapayaJaguar
ThePapayaJaguar

PhillipM wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 06:21
Honestly the tires fired up so well they could have been a lot further up the order today - they just struggled to get through the traffic - qualifying hurt them a lot, Carlos had enough pace to contend for a podium.
Yeah, I believe Carlos was definitely in contention for a podium. I think Carlos was within about 2 seconds to Seb with like 15 laps to go, but something happened and he fell back to about 4 seconds.

bauc

ThePapayaJaguar wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 08:17
PhillipM wrote:
Yeah, I believe Carlos was definitely in contention for a podium. I think Carlos was within about 2 seconds to Seb with like 15 laps to go, but something happened and he fell back to about 4 seconds.
I guess he made a mistake somewhere but we did not saw it on the live coverage
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

blastdoman
blastdoman

Lando has to urgently improve his starts on wet tarmac. In Hungary, also on wet tarmac, he was stuck at the start, losing many positions as yesterday. Yesterday's start was indecent for a pilot of his talent.

ThePapayaJaguar
ThePapayaJaguar

bauc wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 09:53
ThePapayaJaguar wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 08:17
PhillipM wrote:
I guess he made a mistake somewhere but we did not saw it on the live coverage
Yeah, most likely.

ThePapayaJaguar
ThePapayaJaguar

Carlos mentioning he's found a way to fire up the tires:

Lando mentioning the Inters turned into very soft slicks :lol: :lol: :