[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SiLo

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

BrunoH wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 18:29
well just save money and sign russell, seems that the 6 championships will look even worse than they already do to Hamilton if Russell that has just 3 practice sessions in a completely new car gets pole or wins...
Save the money? They would need to buy out George from his Williams contract first, likely upfront too.

Honestly anyone that genuinely thinks Merc are going to drop Hamilton in favour of Russell for next year are deluded.
Felipe Baby!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

SiLo wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 16:17

Honestly anyone that genuinely thinks Merc are going to drop Hamilton in favour of Russell for next year are deluded.
I believe the phrase is "haters goin' to hate"...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 16:34
SiLo wrote:

Merc would also have to factor in the 'Hamilton in a RedBull' option. Maybe the money is not wasted after all
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NathanOlder

Big Tea wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 17:42
Just_a_fan wrote:
SiLo wrote:

Merc would also have to factor in the 'Hamilton in a RedBull' option. Maybe the money is not wasted after all
Very good point. Mercedes sign Russell, RedBull nick Hamilton and RedBull take the WCC with Lewis and Max.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

subcritical71

Just_a_fan wrote:
SiLo wrote:

I can’t wait to hear what the haters say when 1) Russell doesn’t take pole (done), 2) doesn’t finish ahead of Bottas (we will see in just a few more hours).
By all ‘reasoning’ so far, if both of those scenarios become true, then Hamilton will have somehow been shown to be the greatest, right?!? #-o

I don’t believe you can say one way or the other unless you have multiple races in the same machinery against each other (Russell v. Hamilton), and that goes for any driver.

proteus

Mercedes should get the biggest "dunce" of the race award.... Comfortably led 3/4 of the race, had the tyres to got to the end and they decide to change the tyres because aparently everybody will overtake them....
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

subcritical71 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 18:01
Just_a_fan wrote:
SiLo wrote:

I can’t wait to hear what the haters say when 1) Russell doesn’t take pole (done), 2) doesn’t finish ahead of Bottas (we will see in just a few more hours).
By all ‘reasoning’ so far, if both of those scenarios become true, then Hamilton will have somehow been shown to be the greatest, right?!? #-o

I don’t believe you can say one way or the other unless you have multiple races in the same machinery against each other (Russell v. Hamilton), and that goes for any driver.
Well, Russell didn't take pole, and he finished behind Bottas. There is no questioning who had a better race though.

Mercedes really screwed the pooch today.
Last edited by Fulcrum on 06 Dec 2020, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

Jolle
Jolle

Looks like the Mercedes seat that one day will be vacant when Hamilton retires has a sticker on it with “naff of, mine! George”.

Bottas should go and look for a nice option for where to drive in ‘22 though.

AMG.Tzan

Bottas absolutely nowhere! Mercedes should replace him with Russell in 2021 already...no need to leave this guy battling for last place in a Williams! This must be a very difficult day for Bottas...

Russell today proved what a driver he can become with only 2 days of practice...just imagine how much faster he can be after settling in the team! Mercedes what a blunder that was...that puncture though destroyed everything! It would have been a dream for Russell and a nightmare for Bottas...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Mattchu

Jolle wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:19
Looks like the Mercedes seat that one day will be vacant when Hamilton retires has a sticker on it with “naff of, mine! George”.

Personally don`t think Bottas will be on the grid for `22, I reckon Lewis will sign a 2 year deal with an option for a third and George will join him in 22 and be the main man going forward.

George Russell has looked every inch the top class driver this weekend, even his media work has been exemplary.

Jolle
Jolle

Mattchu wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 22:04
Jolle wrote:

Personally don`t think Bottas will be on the grid for `22, I reckon Lewis will sign a 2 year deal with an option for a third and George will join him in 22 and be the main man going forward.

George Russell has looked every inch the top class driver this weekend, even his media work has been exemplary.
That was the point I was making ;-)

MtthsMlw

nacho
nacho

Russell might be the next Hamilton.

Not a very good display from Bottas, though he was around three sec from Russell before the pitstops and lost almost six seconds on the overcut. Seemed to be catching Russell before the second stops. Another poor start from Bottas. Pole was the only good thing and that was just barely.

El Scorchio

Jolle wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 22:14
Mattchu wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Exactly. There’s a maturity and intellect there. Exactly what Merc are looking for. Plenty of other drivers would have shat on the team today. Russell was the model of professionalism. That’s what is going to get him the drive.

He’s a lot more mature and professional than other far more experienced drivers on the grid.

If you’re British, then life after Hamilton is looking very bright.

Jolle
Jolle

El Scorchio wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 22:30
Jolle wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 22:14
Mattchu wrote:

Exactly. There’s a maturity and intellect there. Exactly what Merc are looking for. Plenty of other drivers would have shat on the team today. Russell was the model of professionalism. That’s what is going to get him the drive.

He’s a lot more mature and professional than other far more experienced drivers on the grid.

If you’re British, then life after Hamilton is looking very bright.
Plus, Daimler are less concerned now that they have to pull out the special checkbook for drivers like Leclerc or Verstappen. Again, their own juniors will step up.