[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jambier

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

izzy wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 00:33
Jambier wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 00:05
Well of course an internal guy will not confirm anything.

We will see what happen, IMO the board wants to evaluate whether they should continue or not.

So only them know if they go there to end it or continue it.
there's a deal on the table from Liberty, has to be, and that's what they're going to decide about, the contract terms as @Zibby quoted, and then if they turn it down the implication is they'll leave, but in reality Liberty will have to make them a better offer, as long as they believe them. It must be a huge drama behind the scenes, with Mercedes talking to Ferrari and Dietrich, in fact Toto talking to everyone as usual, all tricky alliances, and Liberty trying to grab as much of the cash as they can without collapsing the whole house of cards into a dusty little heap

and the Daimler board will be looking at how much F1 will cost them won't they, the new prize money, sponsorship, the cost cap and everything, and the promotion on the other side. They all need each other, they each have to get the maximum, without overdoing it and ending up with nothing. Awesome
I agree with that

izzy
izzy

zibby43 wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 06:06
Daimler CEO dismisses Mercedes F1 exit speculation

World champions Mercedes are not preparing to pull out of Formula One, Daimler Chief Executive Ola Kaellenius said on Wednesday.

Autocar and the racefans.net website reported earlier that the subject of whether Mercedes should leave the sport as a constructor would be discussed at the next board meeting of parent body Daimler.

“Not true,” Kaellenius said on the sidelines of the German Auto Industry annual reception in Berlin when asked if Mercedes were planning to leave the Liberty Media-owned sport.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-moto ... SKBN1ZS30V

And this:

https://twitter.com/karunchandhok/statu ... 99553?s=20
yes and not even the meeting at all apparently! it's a bit disappointing there's no update on racefans, just 120 comments.

Ola is a man of few words by the look of it, and not going to have his time wasted! :)

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

It's a click-bait story to get people visiting their respective websites. And it obviously has worked.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

izzy
izzy

Just_a_fan wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 17:57
It's a click-bait story to get people visiting their respective websites. And it obviously has worked.
i agree! :)

but did Mercedes have someone start it?? :o

Jambier

izzy wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 18:40
Just_a_fan wrote:

Maybe to negotiate with Liberty.... let's see

Do you think we can see an half retirement ? A Aston Martin Mercedes car ? With both constructor?

izzy
izzy

Jambier wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 19:36
izzy wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 18:40
Just_a_fan wrote:

Maybe to negotiate with Liberty.... let's see

Do you think we can see an half retirement ? A Aston Martin Mercedes car ? With both constructor?
well if it was me running things :lol: i'd keep the Mercedes brand undiluted, in fact i'd be buying Toto and Niki's shares as apparently they can do at the end of this year. The whole thing is about brand really. F1 is just a brand isn't it, plus a few contracts that expire. So i wouldn't weaken the Mercedes brand at all, i'd stay on it to the max, with the safety cars, Twitter and Lewis and everything

I'd let Lawrence get on with his thing and rebrand Racing Point to Aston Martin, if that's what he wants to do, then both those using Mercedes engines is all good, in addition

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

There was me thinking it was about racing...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

izzy
izzy

Just_a_fan wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 20:25
There was me thinking it was about racing...
as you aptly said i think, every day is a learning day! F1 is about adding racing and status to your brand. So we're still agreeing. Twice even! :)

zibby43
zibby43

izzy wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 14:49
zibby43 wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 06:06
Daimler CEO dismisses Mercedes F1 exit speculation

World champions Mercedes are not preparing to pull out of Formula One, Daimler Chief Executive Ola Kaellenius said on Wednesday.

Autocar and the racefans.net website reported earlier that the subject of whether Mercedes should leave the sport as a constructor would be discussed at the next board meeting of parent body Daimler.

“Not true,” Kaellenius said on the sidelines of the German Auto Industry annual reception in Berlin when asked if Mercedes were planning to leave the Liberty Media-owned sport.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-moto ... SKBN1ZS30V

And this:

https://twitter.com/karunchandhok/statu ... 99553?s=20
yes and not even the meeting at all apparently! it's a bit disappointing there's no update on racefans, just 120 comments.

Ola is a man of few words by the look of it, and not going to have his time wasted! :)
Rencken did a little back-pedaling on Twitter. More bet-hedging.

https://twitter.com/RacingLines/status/ ... 58369?s=20

It's making me lose faith in his credibility. His piece was playing up a near-certain departure.

He ignored Toto's comments about there being no such thing as "half-pregnant" in F1 (i.e., only participating as an engine supplier).

He also ignored the massive investments in facilities, etc. that have been going on in Brackley. Surely those are things that bear mentioning in a balanced piece.

izzy
izzy

zibby43 wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 22:49
Rencken did a little back-pedaling on Twitter. More bet-hedging.

https://twitter.com/RacingLines/status/ ... 58369?s=20

It's making me lose faith in his credibility. His piece was playing up a near-certain departure.

He ignored Toto's comments about there being no such thing as "half-pregnant" in F1 (i.e., only participating as an engine supplier).

He also ignored the massive investments in facilities, etc. that have been going on in Brackley. Surely those are things that bear mentioning in a balanced piece.
yes it was all :o :shock: :o :shock: wasn't it, then after all it's just the obvious. it's a bit of a racket, but not what you expect from them. Anyway only a couple of weeks to some actual cars and times, and we can get back into "omg" / "it's only testing" / "yes but..." :D and we can start guessing what the team's looking at this year

Jambier

With the RP announcement it seems likely that Mercedes will stay

Capharol
Capharol

Jambier wrote:
31 Jan 2020, 11:22
With the RP announcement it seems likely that Mercedes will stay
did/do you really doubt that? :lol:

zibby43
zibby43

Mercedes picks up a huge sponsorship deal (Ineos):

https://www.ft.com/content/8d9c1df2-440 ... 7a29cd66fe

"Ineos is set to become a sponsor of the Mercedes Formula One team, as the chemicals group controlled by British billionaire Jim Ratcliffe continues to grow its portfolio of sports business interests.

The deal is likely to be announced within weeks, according to people close to the discussions, and will see the Ineos logo emblazoned against the car driven by world champion Lewis Hamilton in time for the start of the F1 season in March.

The sponsorship will be worth around £20m a year according to a person with knowledge of the talks, around the same amount paid by other companies that have endorsed F1 teams, although Mercedes’s dominance of the motorsport series over recent years means it could demand a higher premium."

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

James Allison stated on a Mercedes Twitter video that they started development of the W11 in 2018... And that they weren’t even sure if the W10 would be competitive or not.

If they have been developing the W11 for more than a year... They could be showing up once again with a car way ahead of everyone else this year... They are definitely one of, if not the best team in F1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bill
Bill

Some teams have been working on 2021 car since last year so what's the big revelation here , teams works on simultaneous project always nothing unusual.