Red Bull RB16

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder

Red Bull RB16

This is the Red Bull RB16 offical car thread.

Please discuss ONLY technical items of this car, and refrain from speculation.

General discussion about the team, its drivers and performance can be posted in the team thread.

Livery Talk also belongs in the Team Thread. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28684
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Clown

Re: Red Bull RB16

High res and brightened a bit

EDIT: Second angle released
Last edited by Clown on 12 Feb 2020, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

the EDGE

The usual work of art we have come to expect from RB

Did we not once have rules banning holes in the bodywork? seems there are more of them on and around that nose than than you would find on the average tea-bag

Morteza

Last edited by Morteza on 12 Feb 2020, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Holm86

Im a bit sad that they didn't launch it in their usual camo style

HungarianRacer

Packaging is not bad, but to be honest, I expected a little more considering that they still use the airbox intake for cooling/have cooler(s) in the roll hoop, I mean, Ferrari doesn't do that, and they still have more aggressively slanted sidepods and a more pinched-in "coke bottle", just from eye-balling it.... It could be that Honda's continually increasing power output comes with greater compromises than their rival's advancements...

JasonF1

I find it very interesting that the teams are exploring their competitor's sidepod shape and applying it onto their car instead of pursuing their own philosophy year after year. The SF1000's one is highly inspired from the RB15 from last year while this RB16 take some inspiration from the W09/W10.
Last edited by JasonF1 on 12 Feb 2020, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

siskue2005

is the car longer than before?

Holm86

HungarianRacer wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 12:09
Packaging is not bad, but to be honest, I expected a little more considering that they still use the airbox intake for cooling/have cooler(s) in the roll hoop, I mean, Ferrari doesn't do that, and they still have more aggressively slanted sidepods and a more pinched-in "coke bottle", just from eye-balling it.... It could be that Honda's continually increasing power output comes with greater compromises than their rival's advancements...
Definitely looks like they have a lot more going on in the top of the engine cover than Ferrari, can't be good for the CoG

bucker

If you look closely, you can see more compact design around Bull logo compared to RB15

Bill

I expect a Ferrari Str style front wing they tested last year in Abu Dhabi.the side pods are so last year they could use a make over maybe the second test we will see the real car

Bill

Ferrari just copied Rbr last year side pods

Just_a_fan

RedBull have their own Mercedes-inspired cape on a nose. Similar sidepods to those on the Ferrari (or is it vice versa?). Wing mirrors look like they and Ferrari found a design online and both decided to use it. :lol:

As expected, the designs are starting to come towards a common point. If these rules lasted for another couple of years, I bet the cars would have been very similar throughout the grid.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan

It looks like RBR and Ferrari have both decided to go for a high downforce approach after Mercedes's success with that last year. And yet Mercedes seemed to suggest that they were going to move away from downforce-at-all-costs. I'm really looking forward to seeing the W11 now to compare it to the RB16.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

FrukostScones

the nose looks quite slim...
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.