Super Aguri

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Super Aguri

Well, now we know when it comes out

http://www.formula1.com/news/4565.html
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

johny

who knows they said that for san marino, britain, france and now for hockemheim they should concentrate on next year better than doing that

vyselegend

I strongly suspect that the SA06 wasn't ever intended to make debut sooner than the last part of the season. They just said so in order to be accepted. Aguri san have already admitted they rushed to F1 this season to reserve a place on the grid, because had they been in competition with others for 2007 (prodrive, direxiv...) they wouldn't be there.

They said the SA05 was just an intermediary car because they couldn't be ready for the first three or four races, and now they put the guilt on "severals delays in the program", but I'm sure the car steadyly follows it's developpement program and was actually planned for Hokenheim or later since the beginning... That was political talks.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I wonder how much it will resemble the Honda.

Aeronautic
Aeronautic

Hello,

While I don't know about the winglets and other finishing touches I do not think the looks of SA06 will resemble the Honda more then any other team. In terms of help with the car from Honda, Super Aguri got screwed over but Honda are giving them Engines, trans and co-developing a gearbox.

I think they will test out aero touches the top teams like Renault and McLaren use and try to integrate them onto the SA06. Like I said I don't think Honda laid one finger or any uniquely Honda ideas on the SA06 Chassis except for the name.

miqi23
miqi23

Imagine if its better than Honda Racing F1 :lol: Who knows!

m3_lover

It will not be better then Honda Racing, nobody wants there customer engine teams to be better then themselves, Super Aguri do not get the same amount of hp as Honda does with the same engine.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

ketanpaul

I hope they're atleast able to challenge midland and perhaps look for a point by the end of the season :lol: :lol:

sebbe
sebbe

Go Williams!

Being a proud person and having dignity myself- I don’t know how Stoddy could live with himself, and now it is Aguri. I just wanted to shoot Ide and Sato every time they made a stupid, stupid rookie mistake (or beyond rookie maybe).

Why did they apply for F1 anyway?
I even feel sorry for Midland…

By the way, all my support to Williams, I didn´t like the way they have to cut costs, but I have to admit they´re struggling and giving battle. That´s why they are one of the “major” in F1 alongside Ferrari and McLaren.
Keep going Frankie-boy!
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

fwa2500

Re: Go Williams!

sebbe wrote:Why did they apply for F1 anyway?
because they have strong passion for the sport....plain and simple....and besides, even if they are on the back of the grid, they are still an F1 team.....if i could find somewhere to buy a SA shirt, i would....and still wear my Ferrari hat.......i love seeing red, but at the same time, i have to love the underdogs, especially with the spirit that SA has......

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

The fact that they could chrun out a F1 car out of a 3 years old Arrows in the amount of time they've had is nothing short of amazing. They aren't any better off the than Minardi pace wise, but in SA at least I see they may one day be in the midfield, where as Minardi they never will be. Sato isn't doint that bad of the job this year given his car. Even look at Indy quali today he finished a creditable 18th.

PNSD
PNSD

Honda need to concentrate on their own car before the SA. Thats why they have received no help.

Aeronautic
Aeronautic

so the SA06 will be a super aguri (and not Honda) effort then, so it will be amazing if they can get the 2-3 seconds they claim they will. that would launch them to Torro Rosso/ redbull territory.

NickT

ketanpaul wrote:I hope they're atleast able to challenge midland and perhaps look for a point by the end of the season :lol: :lol:
Well today they couldn't challenge them so resorted to the ol' argy bargy knock them off the track routine :roll: Maybe they should give the Super Aguri boys some small Midland stickers to stick on the side of their cockpits each time they nail one, just like the old fighter aces :lol:
NickT

flynfrog

Aeronautic wrote:so the SA06 will be a super aguri (and not Honda) effort then, so it will be amazing if they can get the 2-3 seconds they claim they will. that would launch them to Torro Rosso/ redbull territory.
yeah if they had drivers that can make it past turn 1

id liek to see them leave formula one so far alls they have done is caused problems for every one else execpth those who get money form japan