Most evocative F1 piece of written work

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bailay

Most evocative F1 piece of written work

Hi all, I thoroughly enjoyed the responses to my last thread, so I am trying my luck again (!) Apologies if this has been covered before but I would be interested to hear other opinions: which piece of motorsport/F1 prose has left a lasting impression on you? Can include quotes, the Andretti one about "not going fast enough" always makes me stop and think....there must be a lot of others. Thanks!

coaster

Re: Most evocative F1 piece of written work

Alain Prost has made some good recounting of his personal and professional rivalry with Ayrton Senna and offers empathy and a humane insight into the flaws and the brilliance that drove Ayrton. Hunt and Laudas rivalry and their personal recounts of 1976 also make the list.

When two headstrong drivers have a fierce rivalry and find the intellect to form a friendship above it all always makes for a good story.