2020 Sakhir Grand Prix - Sakhir, Dec 04 - 06

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

Re: 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix - Sakhir, Dec 04 - 06

matt_b wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 15:27
The key question is where did he get the virus and who else has it in the paddock. Lewis requested his test after mild symptoms so interested to see what happens when everyone gets tested next because others might not have symptoms and may come back positive.
GQ photo shoot maybe? I don’t know when that took place but it stands to reason it was after he was ‘crowned’ after Turkey maybe.

I read he was made aware he’d been in contact with someone who tested positive. Sounds like it was outside of F1
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

AMG.Tzan

Aaaaaand with Hamilton's positive Covid-19 test there goes the chance to equal Vettel's and Schumacher's 13 wins in a season record...and even better it 13 wins in 17 races is a bigger percentage!

But who cares about Hamilton's record...he's already broken so many! Hopefully we'll get George in this car and have an interesting race!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

matt_b
matt_b

Would be interesting if we get breaking news Lance Stroll drives for Mercedes this weekend, he's dads not short of a few quid and he's already spent the season driving last years car :lol:

Big Tea

SiLo wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 14:35
They will use vandoorne, but they should really use Russell (if William would ever agree to it).
To Williams it would be the equivalent of sending an employee on a training course.
He could probably pass on a few good tips when he came back.

Apart from that, as I said above, get some dutch fans on board and have bragging rights when George does PR for them.

Win all around
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Big Tea

matt_b wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 16:03
Would be interesting if we get breaking news Lance Stroll drives for Mercedes this weekend, he's dads not short of a few quid and he's already spent the season driving last years car :lol:
I think that would change some peoples perceptions of him. Or more likely prove some peoples opinion of Bottas
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

TAG

Shiton of pressure on Bottas this weekend. Interestingly enough, Covid also puts and end to the ongoing record of consecutive race starts. I'd be surprised if Mercedes give the weekend seat to anyone other than their reserve driver.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

El Scorchio

TBH barring more bad luck/a mechanical failure, I'd be pretty surprised if Bottas doesn't win. He's nowhere near as bad as some on here make him out to be.

Tommy Cookers
Tommy Cookers

AMG.Tzan wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 15:53
Aaaaaand with Hamilton's positive Covid-19 test there goes the chance to equal Vettel's and Schumacher's 13 wins in a season record...and even better it 13 wins in 17 races is a bigger percentage! .....
currently the record percentage for a WDC season is Ascari's - in 1952 (6 wins from 8 events)

AMG.Tzan

Tommy Cookers wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 17:00
AMG.Tzan wrote:
Aaaaaand with Hamilton's positive Covid-19 test there goes the chance to equal Vettel's and Schumacher's 13 wins in a season record...and even better it 13 wins in 17 races is a bigger percentage! .....
currently the record percentage for a WDC season is Ascari's - in 1952 (6 wins from 8 events)
Yeah i know...i'm just talking about Vettel vs Schumacher vs Hamilton records. Not the all-time record! :wink:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

El Scorchio wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 16:56
TBH barring more bad luck/a mechanical failure, I'd be pretty surprised if Bottas doesn't win. He's nowhere near as bad as some on here make him out to be.
if there was a voting 'worst driver of the day' instead of 'best driver',
then the past two races, Bottas would have won that by a MILE.

He has been a total embarassment the past two races and there really is no defense.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Shrieker

Tommy Cookers wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 17:00
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Which Hamilton could've bettered, but alas.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

jjn9128

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 17:14
El Scorchio wrote:

He has been a total embarassment the past two races and there really is no defense.
Tbf 2 punctures is a pretty good excuse for Bahrain. In Turkey though he damaged his car bombing Ocon. If you look at this though he's never been on the level of Rosberg vs Hamilton - but do Mercedes care if he finishes p2, helps tie up the constructors, and doesn't upset the main man!?

#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Wil992
Wil992

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 17:14
El Scorchio wrote:

I agree with your general point, but I have to say if there was a best and worst category, it’s entirely possible that in the last race grosjean would have won both. 😀

Mattchu

Perfect track/situation for Bottas this, not many corners, no Lewis, my money`s going on him for the win. I also think both McLaren and Renault will do well.
Not sure with Red Bull, I suppose the important element for this race is the Mguh as there`s not much braking to generate via the Mguk [not that that`s the only time it gets it].

The Racing Point cars could throw a spanner in the works too :)

p.s. I don`t get the flack aimed at Bottas, sure he`s not WDC material but he does a job...look at the graph provided kindly by jjn9128 and compare Vettel and Kimi. I can`t remember Kimi getting any grief...
Last edited by Mattchu on 01 Dec 2020, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Apart from it being enough FOR NOW, it doesn't change the fact he's not really 'earning' the seat so to speak.

What i think is most embarassing, is now that Hamilton has his WDC, and arguably less 'motivated' or 'focused',
this is the moment where Bottas could 'jump in and prove himself'. Instead, he is actually worse.

For his sake, he'd better make sure he soundly beats Lewis' replacement for this weekend.
Or find your local covid patient, have a good kiss and hug, and hide behind Covid and leave Merc with two reserve drivers.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"