2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
yener

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

That was a bad sector 1
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

TNTHead

The car is quick thats for sure. Very decent performance by Perez, above expectation at least for me, or did Max underperform today? May be both. An interesting race ahead.

MKlaus
MKlaus

DarthPlagueisTheVise wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 16:28
Max Verstappen's P3 Lap (Without Telemetry)
it doesn't feel like a typical max q3 lap. it feels more like a fp1 lap from him. very ordinary and scrappy. something wasn't right for him in qualifying.

godlameroso

He outbraked himself into T1, that alone probably cost him like 3 tenths. Probably why he wasn't too bummed. I mean you're less than a tenth off and you made a massive mistake like that? To say you have pace in hand is an understatement. Still, a careless mistake that may end up costing him the win. Perez on the other hand, has the pace and the tire magic to run off into the distance, should he get the jump on Hamilton. A 1-2 for Red Bull would be good, and it'll be important for Verstappen to finish ahead of Hamilton. That should be his first priority.

The clean side of the grid may give a huge advantage if the track is drying.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 19:39
He outbraked himself into T1, that alone probably cost him like 3 tenths. Probably why he wasn't too bummed. I mean you're less than a tenth off and you made a massive mistake like that? To say you have pace in hand is an understatement. Still, a careless mistake that may end up costing him the win. Perez on the other hand, has the pace and the tire magic to run off into the distance, should he get the jump on Hamilton. A 1-2 for Red Bull would be good, and it'll be important for Verstappen to finish ahead of Hamilton. That should be his first priority.

this is time to make Qatar reverse. For Verstappen finishing second would be like winning as he is too unlucky in italy

wowgr8
wowgr8

godlameroso wrote:

I think the optimism is too high here considering the situation. For Red Bull this is the worst possible scenario because Max is not on pole as well as behind his teammate, it's very difficult for me to imagine him winning tomorrow. Red Bull somehow have to get Max ahead of Perez as well as getting Perez ahead of Hamilton despite the compromised tyre strategy

Just need to hope Perez gets a good start and takes the lead, if he does so, Hamilton will hound him relentlessly, how he handles that will be interesting to watch

godlameroso

Perez can beat Hamilton, the RB16B is the fastest car on the grid. I don't care if Verstappen wins this one or not, he just needs to finish where his pace takes him, as does Perez. There's a lot of things they can do. It'll be crucial to get Perez out ahead of the traffic, luckily only Bottas is on medium tires. In clean air Perez can build a gap to cover off Bottas and undercut Hamilton. If Hamilton responds to Perez then Verstappen can push like mad, or risk getting undercut by Perez.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

wowgr8 wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 20:45

I think the optimism is too high here considering the situation. For Red Bull this is the worst possible scenario because Max is not on pole as well as behind his teammate, it's very difficult for me to imagine him winning tomorrow. Red Bull somehow have to get Max ahead of Perez as well as getting Perez ahead of Hamilton despite the compromised tyre strategy

Just need to hope Perez gets a good start and takes the lead, if he does so, Hamilton will hound him relentlessly, how he handles that will be interesting to watch
Mercedes has only pole advantage at a track which is not allowing much overtake and Bottas is stayed a bit back to help ham with his existance. Redbull has two cars right behind ham with two different strategy .
At this track overtake is hard but not impossible. I think Perez has upper hand with his tyres at firs laps. After his tyres life time, We will see what happens. I wish a race more, we won't know winner until CFlag.
This week I am bit more exited about motogp because of MM return. Thankfully motogp race is before F1.

El Scorchio

wowgr8 wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

If the order is HAM, PER, VER, then I expect a ‘max is faster than you’ type scenario.

rogazilla
rogazilla

Technically soft will give Perez the advantage and we will see if he could jump Hamilton. If Perez can keep his tire going which he is usually good at doing that during race, he could dictate the pace and keep ham behind and also keep Max close to ham. How long can he stay on those soft will be the key. If he can’t get the jump he will have to push ham at a pace where ham could not protect his tires as much as he would want and that opens up a different window if Max can go longer.

toraabe
toraabe

wowgr8 wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Remember Verstappen has to deliver under pressure. He didn't todsy. Perez is better than max on peeserving tyres so. It will be interesting

etusch

JordanMugen

El Scorchio wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 21:53
If the order is HAM, PER, VER, then I expect a ‘max is faster than you’ type scenario.
That would be bad for Checo's morale. :wink:

Perez has to pit first anyway, so team orders would be counterproductive IMO, unless Perez is clearly falling behind from the race lead and Verstappen is clearly much faster.

toraabe
toraabe

The first on the track always has priority. At last verstappen has got a teammate that can challenge him.. Not at last he has to deliver under pressure. He didnt yesterday